IGNORED

Evander Sno

ashbrisc11

AMSTERDAM - Ajax have reached agreement with Bristol City on the hiring of Evander Sno. The midfielder, who coach Martin Jol may depart from Amsterdam, plays next year when the English first division club.

© APThe current number six in the Premier League will, according to the Algemeen Dagblad also decide today where talents Darko Bodul and Jan-Arie van der Heijden go.

Bodul nadrukkkelijke is in the interest of Sparta. Meanwhile, Willem II angling for the services of Van der Heijden. Both clubs have seen something in a period of one year rental.

Another solution is the two young players along with four other players the rest of the season to park in Haarlem. Ajax is, if the KNVB gives his approval, complete technical responsibility for the policies of the Eerste Divisie.

Defender

Meanwhile, the main hope for tomorrow afternoon townspeople six hours (when the transfer window closes) to dispose of Oleguer and / or George Ogararu. AEK Athens for the Spaniard is still in the market.

When one of the two players sold / rented, the team of Martin Jol wants the Brazilian Eduardo (Cruzeiro), or the Frenchman Dervite (Tottenham Hotspur) to add the selection.

If it happens I think that this could be a fantastic signing. It appears to me that the deal may have depended upon us not picking up his contract in the way we did with Velicka. That one left us out of pocket with us still paying his wages, clearly we're looking for a different deal in terms of wages this time just in case its another "Sno go" (sorry) five minutes into his debut.

With regards to the possibility of playing up front - one thing I (think I) remember from the Ajax game - didn't Mr Sno miss a sitter (not to mention the ball) from two yards out in front of the Atyeo?! Happy for as many people as possible to tell me it was somebody else!

Well done to all at the club (including all of us that clapped him off) if the deal goes through.

Our first Evander Sno chant to the tune of the Cristmas favourite...

Oh, Evander's tackles are frightful

And his passing quite delightful,

Your players have nowhere to go,

Let it Sno, Let it Sno, Let it Sno

(I've surprised myself with that one - it works!)

And his passing quite delightful,

Let it Sno, Let it Sno, Let it Sno

:worship2::clapping::worship2:

This rumour/transfer best happen now. Im getting so excited. If only Velicka didnt break himself i would be confident of a top six attack!

Evander Sno (photo) departs for Bristol City. The Ajax midfielder is rented for a year to the English club.

A number of other talents will still be rented for the end of the transfer deadline.

Translation for everyone!

I didn't go to the Ajax game, so can't comment on his performance in that game, but is that what we are creaming ourselves over?

As 10 starts in two years for Celtic, and 10 appearances in a year at Ajax doesn't imply he has set the world alight yet.

I will be delighted to be proved wrong.

He performance that game was one of the best I've witnessed at Ashton Gate from any player. He's played the Dutch under 21s and under 23s, plus 2 of the biggest teams in Europe. Yes - I'm very excited about this. :fingerscrossed:

I didn't go to the Ajax game, so can't comment on his performance in that game, but is that what we are creaming ourselves over?

As 10 starts in two years for Celtic, and 10 appearances in a year at Ajax doesn't imply he has set the world alight yet.

in that game, it was really men against boys all over the pitch, but sno was the fulcrum of it, everytime we had the ball, it seemed to end up with him (although he was one of two guys who looked similar physically). Physically he dominated us as a deep midfielder, but then he could play passes and the sign of real class, he just seemed to have more time on the ball than anyone else, and made the game look easy. As I and others have said, he was taken off after about 70 minutes of complete domination and the whole stadium was on its feet applauding him off, and he clapped all the stands as he went off. Bearing in mind that Suarez cost them 10 million, and they had a serbian who cost about 15 million, and they were full of internationals, I wouldnt say they were of a higher standard than Sno, in that one off game.

He was a teenager learning his trade with Celtic so cant really judge him on that,plus a lot of Celtic fans feel he had a hell of a lot of potential but didnt have the physical presence about him for the spl,when i saw him at the gate some two years after playing for celtic he looked all but weak infact he looked very strong physiclly,and as all Dutch players could ping a pass anywhere on the park.

Ajax have a new manager in Jol and it looks like he is producing his own team and is letting many go.

Hopefully this signing will be a lucky break for City ie our fans gave him a hell of an ovation so hes allready gonna be feeling like this is a nice place to be with nice fans, plus Hartley is a face he knows, this signing is a postive thing and even if he dosnt come up to scratch in the English game , we havnt wasted a penny on transfer fees, so we cant really lose can we?

F00k it then. Let's stick with players who really have set the world alight like Lee Johnson (3 starts in two years at Hearts?) and Gavin Williams instead!! Obviously they would walk into Ajax's side wouldn't they?

I know who I would rather have running out at the Ricoh. I saw in one game from Sno what I have yet to see in about 100 appearances between them from the other pair. At least the lad has proper players keeping him out of the starting line-up at Ajax - as we saw the other week the standard required to be a regular in their first team is just a tiny touch higher than it is to make it into ours.

F00k it then. Let's stick with players who really have set the world alight like Lee Johnson (3 starts in two years at Hearts?) and Gavin Williams instead!! Obviously they would walk into Ajax's side wouldn't they?

I know who I would rather have running out at the Ricoh. I saw in one game from Sno what I have yet to see in about 100 appearances between them from the other pair. At least the lad has proper players keeping him out of the starting line-up at Ajax - as we saw the other week the standard required to be a regular in their first team is just a tiny touch higher than it is to make it into ours.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't seen him play but bow to people who have, But on a note of caution, I remember 1978 or 1979 a certain Geert Meyer playing his first game for us at AG and in the first 3 minutes he scored one of best solo goals ever seen at the gate, I and many others thought this guy is the business, what a useless, lazy and cowardly signing he turned out to be.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't seen him play but bow to people who have, But on a note of caution, I remember 1978 or 1979 a certain Geert Meyer playing his first game for us at AG and in the first 3 minutes he scored one of best solo goals ever seen at the gate, I and many others thought this guy is the business, what a useless, lazy and cowardly signing he turned out to be.

I accept that. One swallow and all that. But at least GJ seems to be looking in the right areas for players. I would suggest that, given the performance at AG a few weeks back, the fact that the coaching/scouting staff must have seen him play since (they are professionals after all and wouldn't outlay huge sums of cash based on only one game) and the quality that the fans who saw him recognise he appears to have if GJ signed Sno and it never worked out we wouldn't be able to shower too much criticism on him.

• SC&T Board Members

I have no idea whether this guy is coming or not, but the difference here would clearly be that the manager can get a first-hand reference on Sno from one of his existing players, i.e. Hartley, who played with the potential new recruit for a good year at Celtic. Just as LJ and McAllister no doubt told GJ that Hartley was a player worth having - and one with the right attitude.

IMHO there's a lot to be said for signing players that either the manager or his players know from previous clubs - that way you minimise the risk of nasty surprises!

I accept that. One swallow and all that. But at least GJ seems to be looking in the right areas for players. I would suggest that, given the performance at AG a few weeks back, the fact that the coaching/scouting staff must have seen him play since (they are professionals after all and wouldn't outlay huge sums of cash based on only one game) and the quality that the fans who saw him recognise he appears to have if GJ signed Sno and it never worked out we wouldn't be able to shower too much criticism on him.

Agreed and 'if' Marvin is going then the fee would not only cover the wages etc. of 2 new signings but also make up for any shortfall in the Velicka deal, He looks like he has the perfect credentials to replace Marvin.

and looking at his scoring record I would love to see the boat pushed out for jon vinegar of heseltine.

• Admin

And his passing is quite delightful,

Evan Sno, Evan Sno, Evan Sno

;)

I really can't believe this is potentially true.

Celtic fans didn't seem to rate him but then again he was fairly young when he was there. If he can dominate the midfield anything like he did at AG then we have one hell of a player. Looked stronger, faster, and more skilful than Marv. It may have been a friendly but you can see quality sometimes and he was head and shoulders above the rest.

Idiot. What's with all the aggression? I ask a perfectly straight forward question and get this sort of answer. Perhaps you could be a bit more courteous and give sensible answers like the other posters which is the sort of response I was looking far and am grateful for.

What's up with you?

Idiot. What's with all the aggression? I ask a perfectly straight forward question and get this sort of answer. Perhaps you could be a bit more courteous and give sensible answers like the other posters which is the sort of response I was looking far and am grateful for.

What's up with you?

Nothing up with me.

"Idiot. What's with all the aggression?". You should try stand up.

Your "perfectly straightforward question" was "Is that what we are creaming ourselves over?". You ask that question and yet you didn't see the lad play a few weeks ago. The question implies to me quite clearly that you think there is an over-reaction by people who rate the guy. And when somebody answers in a similar style to your question you now start bellyaching on the forum. My sensible answers on this thread have already been given to people who asked sensible questions.

Keep smiling Mr Passive.

Archived