IGNORED

Evander Sno

ashbrisc11

Ajax fans think there's something in it - see www.ajaxfans.net .

I don't pretend to speak any Dutch, but their fans don't seem too worried - seem to think they have better players, and the one comment I think I did follow was "Go Sno" !!!

Doesn't appear to be featuring in their first team - even on the bench.

He certainly was awesome in that friendly - and would be some signing for the CCC. Go get him Gary!!!

I read this last night and though 'Oh yeah he was quite good wasn't he in that friendly'. Now iv just realised how class he was. Head and shoulders above the rest. Emanuelsen, the bloke Arsenal were going to sign for £18million, didn't look as good as him.

If GJ could pull this off, then well... Hartley, Elliott and Sno in a Bristol City midfield with Maynard and Haynes up front with Akinde and Clarkson to come on. Im drooling!

I dont know anything about sno

but

Iwouldnt judge anybody on how good they looked against our midfield

especially in a friendly

he was a different class, but you make a fair point in that a friendly is a friendly.

But, crucially, look at this guy's pedigree - 22 and fifty games for either Ajax or Celtic. It would be an awesome signing for us.

he was a different class, but you make a fair point in that a friendly is a friendly.

But, crucially, look at this guy's pedigree - 22 and fifty games for either Ajax or Celtic. It would be an awesome signing for us.

:noexpression: Good god, what is going on.

Im not used to this :laugh:

He could help us push up the league and maybe sell him on to a premier league side for £12million or something. Well from what i saw in the friendly.

Christ that friendly against Ajax and his standing ovation could have been the best thing to happen to our season.

:noexpression: Good god, what is going on.

Im not used to this :laugh:

He could help us push up the league and maybe sell him on to a premier league side for £12million or something. Well from what i saw in the friendly.

Christ that friendly against Ajax and his standing ovation could have been the best thing to happen to our season.

I don't think even we could conjure up selling him for £12 mil considering a loan is on the cards!

Ajax fans think there's something in it - see www.ajaxfans.net .

I don't pretend to speak any Dutch, but their fans don't seem too worried - seem to think they have better players, and the one comment I think I did follow was "Go Sno" !!!

Doesn't appear to be featuring in their first team - even on the bench.

He certainly was awesome in that friendly - and would be some signing for the CCC. Go get him Gary!!!

ive tried to translate all there comments not one positive thing was said they are even moaning that it's a loan they want us to sign him permanently :fingerscrossed::pray:

I've heard they're far in negotiations. I think he also played for Celtic before. Pls take him, but sign him permanently. I don't want to see this guy again in an Ajax-shirt!

And someone else:

I did read about this transfer. I trust things I read in Telegraaf, and they mentioned it and a few smaller sources have also indicated the potential move. I posted two of the articles below. Oh don't be too excited about the move though, Sno is total disaster and I'd happily sent him anywhere far away.

Perhaps we should send one or two of our midfield players to Ajax (Johnson and Williams perhaps) in return and then ask their fans to do a comparison with Sno!!

Yes I am only judging the guy on one game but that one game showed that he has more in his locker than both of the City players I have named above. And it's not like the guy has only played half a dozen games in total for Celtic and Ajax. Managers have seen enough of him to play him 50 odd times for clubs who are infinitely bigger than ours.

I'm a little worried by the reaction of most fans on here. The CCC may be his level, but I wouldn't say there's much between the SPL and the CCC and he was a very poor player in the SPL. Like I said previously he may have matured and grew as a players but judging by Ajax fans opinions I'm thinking not. Too much is being read into his performance in a friendly.

Am I reading the same forum as probably just a month ago. Late july days when there was little more important than the preseason form, poor proformances were doom and gloom. We all knew something for sure, we all knew preseason results were all that mattered.

Some would argue that preseason wasn't where it all was... ohhh how we would mock them

Well I guess we should just be happy were actually judging him on a proformance that people have seen, that's a step up from the usual, isn't it?

Johnson did joke after the game that he asked Martin Jol would he loan us the striker and midfield player and Jol said to him not yet so just maybe Jol has taken him up on that offer and I would be delighted if that's the case as he was the best player that day and his performance was worth the entry fee.

a dream signing showing we meant business this is on weather Elliot leaves or not. Although wouldn't be suprised if it's just rumors but still nice that we could be sniffing.

More recently Evander Sno has been deployed as a striker, at 6ft 2.5in he could also be the target man that most clubs use to success. Did'nt a certain Mr.Adebola do that for us last season. (as much as we dislike "woosh" tactics)

News of the (alleged) loan deal is on a few Dutch websites.

I guess it's a case of staying tuned tomorrow, with crossed fingers.

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I distinctively remember thinking to myself at the friendly match with Ajax that i wish we could sign Sno, that at the time was wishful thinking!

The feedback from Dutch and Scottish fans is not too good however, but one thing springs to mind here and that is the Hartley factor, surely to god Johnson would have consulted Hartley about Sno.

Its obvious there is something about the lad or otherwise Hartley would have given it the thumbs down.

Yes i did think Sno looked world class at the friendly and looked head and shoulders above anything else on the pitch, but it was more like an exibition match with free flowing football played at a snails pace.

The championship however will be played at 100 miles and hour and it would be interesting to see if he addapts, obviously the likes of Johnson and Hartley think so.

Personaly i believe we have nothing to lose from a loan situation and can only see this as a positive move, if this rumour is true of course.

Latest article on google news;

http://www.nusport.nl/eredivisie/2072257/s...istol-city.html

Translates as;

'sno leased to Bristol city'

Amsterdam-Ajax has with Bristol city reached an agreement on the hiring of evander SNO. The middenvelder, that of coach Martin jol, departing from Amsterdam, plays the next year to the club in the English first division

Latest article on google news;

http://www.nusport.nl/eredivisie/2072257/s...istol-city.html

Translates as;

'sno leased to Bristol city'

Amsterdam-Ajax has with Bristol city reached an agreement on the hiring of evander SNO. The middenvelder, that of coach Martin jol, departing from Amsterdam, plays the next year to the club in the English first division

i think ive just had a crisis in my trousers

Archived