IGNORED

Ashton/SL speak to Dean Smith now

tinman85

3 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

You again! Haha, nothing better to do? 

Good night to you too princess x

Ooh, please please, call me princess too. I’m ready for bed now. 

HUSH little baby, don’t say a word. And never mind that noise you heard. It’s just the beasts under your bed, in your closet in your head. 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So you’re backtracking on the players not clapping at Oakwell now then and I can assure you I don’t have anger issues. You basically said on page one that you were happy to see the back of wright yesterday and let him know as much but have since tried to justify it by saying you were cheering all substitutions . The answer to the question you won’t answer is there is no benefit at all to giving our players a send off. It does nothing but undermine their confidence which leads to more mistakes on the pitch. 

At NO point did l say anything about the players applauding or not applauding at Oakwell. 

TBPH with you l would have preferred not to see him or Kent in the starting 11. Where l sit l would say those around me blocks S23 S24 cheered the substitutions. 

No one around me understood the team selection especially those who attended Oakwell. 

9 hours ago, Singingsuperstar said:

At NO point did l say anything about the players applauding or not applauding at Oakwell. 

TBPH with you l would have preferred not to see him or Kent in the starting 11. Where l sit l would say those around me blocks S23 S24 cheered the substitutions. 

No one around me understood the team selection especially those who attended Oakwell. 

As I said , cheering a player off has nothing but a negative impact on the team. He’s now under massive pressure the next time he plays, especially at home . He knows any mistake he makes people will be getting on his back and you contributed to it. Well done . 

I would of rather had baker play but apparently he’d hardly trained so wright was going to play. He’s a decent defender who gives his all for the shirt but is going through a dip in form, it happens. It’s funny you didn’t like me calling you a few names but think it’s ok to jeer one of our players. 

6 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

As I said , cheering a player off has nothing but a negative impact on the team. He’s now under massive pressure the next time he plays, especially at home . He knows any mistake he makes people will be getting on his back and you contributed to it. Well done . 

I would of rather had baker play but apparently he’d hardly trained so wright was going to play. He’s a decent defender who gives his all for the shirt but is going through a dip in form, it happens. It’s funny you didn’t like me calling you a few names but think it’s ok to jeer one of our players. 

I repeat l didn't "jeer" the players. I cheered substitutions as did a large section of the west stand. 

I didn't call Wright names, l haven't reacted to your poking because its pointless. 

19 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Agreed. Pointless sacking him now. 

However, I hope there are some very clear and ambitious deliverables for next season. Deliverables against which the chop comes if he fails. 

There has to be goals set, without them how do you judge any improvement. That said SL/the board give him the target and he asks for the tools to achieve it. I'm sure goal were set for this season, especially after last season's debacle. I'm also sure he has surpassed any target they set him.

Had any fan been asked at the end of last season/the start of this one "where do you think we'll be come April " I'm sure very few would have even suggested we'd be 7th.  The real problem is our feast or famine form. We started really well, we had a fantastic cup run and then come December the wheels started to come off. Had we accumulated the points evenly over the season we'd all be happy bunnies. 

2 hours ago, Dave said:

It was nil nil when Wright and Kent went off.

So the cheered substitutions did not work.

If the subs had happened sooner ie half time as the majority around me reasoned maybe we would or could have been in front. My point has been that l don't believe on recent performances some players should have started the match, Wright and Kent were making the same errors as at Barnsley. If Wright is being played out of position and failing when there is a direct replacement on the bench or in the squad blow me it ain't rocket science. As for Kent do l really need to state the obvious? 

4 hours ago, Singingsuperstar said:

I repeat l didn't "jeer" the players. I cheered substitutions as did a large section of the west stand. 

I didn't call Wright names, l haven't reacted to your poking because its pointless. 

How many times has it got to be said. When a players goes off people give them a round of applause. By cheering their substitution you’re abusing him , how can you not see that . Stop saying how many other people were doing it and take responsibility for your own actions . It’s like you’re trying to justify it because other people did it , are you that much of a sheep ? Just admit what you did has a negative affect on the player involved. 

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

How many times has it got to be said. When a players goes off people give them a round of applause. By cheering their substitution you’re abusing him , how can you not see that . Stop saying how many other people were doing it and take responsibility for your own actions . It’s like you’re trying to justify it because other people did it , are you that much of a sheep ? Just admit what you did has a negative affect on the player involved. 

Stevie

I know many will shout that I’m a good one to talk but time to leave this mate

Its become painful to read

I don’t want to become embroiled but the guy has explained what he did and why but you are keeping it burning and it’s uncomfortable Reading now

You clearly strongly don’t agree with it but Tbf the blokes not killed someone and you’ve made your point

It’s not going anywhere fellow red, give the guy a break please

Time to turn the engine off IMHO

( ;) And you can fairly say I’m not the ideal peacemaker -Been there etc - Not judging just trying to put a brake on it   ;))

15 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No no and NO. 

Can't believe what your coming out with. 

I'm not going to applaud another (yes more than one) poor performance. 

Cheering a substitution is abuse? I take it you don't participate verbally toward players, managers, officials at grounds and games you attend,because lve heard far worse than cheering a sub hmmm even on Saturday! 

Take responsibility? Who do you think you are? The cheering policeman? 

Sheep now? Your insults continue, therefore only abuse is from you to me... Pot kettle my friend. 

Perhaps BW will react positively, perhaps come out fighting, perhaps find the form he showed prior to his dip. 

Let me just put this out there, captains lead by example, lve not seen this from BW pretty much all season. I'd like to see a more vocal, passionate, consistent captain, whether that's BW remains to be seen. 

4 hours ago, numbeast said:

Had any fan been asked at the end of last season/the start of this one "where do you think we'll be come April " I'm sure very few would have even suggested we'd be 7th.....

Always harmless fun to re-visit pre season prediction threads! Have a look at the one below....I have to say @reddogkev and @Robbored seem to be most accurate! Lots of predictions for Millwall to go down...not up!

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Stevie

I know many will shout that I’m a good one to talk but time to leave this mate

Its become painful to read

I don’t want to become embroiled but the guy has explained what he did and why but you are keeping it burning and it’s uncomfortable Reading now

You clearly strongly don’t agree with it but Tbf the blokes not killed someone and you’ve made your point

It’s not going anywhere fellow red, give the guy a break please

Time to turn the engine off IMHO

( ;) And you can fairly say I’m not the ideal peacemaker -Been there etc - Not judging just trying to put a brake on it   ;))

Cheers bob I will now just worry for some fans at times not understanding their impact at certain times. Prime example , the positivity oozing though anfield tonight . That was support , outstanding . Imagine if we’d supported like that . 

1 hour ago, Singingsuperstar said:

No no and NO. 

Can't believe what your coming out with. 

I'm not going to applaud another (yes more than one) poor performance. 

Cheering a substitution is abuse? I take it you don't participate verbally toward players, managers, officials at grounds and games you attend,because lve heard far worse than cheering a sub hmmm even on Saturday! 

Take responsibility? Who do you think you are? The cheering policeman? 

Sheep now? Your insults continue, therefore only abuse is from you to me... Pot kettle my friend. 

Perhaps BW will react positively, perhaps come out fighting, perhaps find the form he showed prior to his dip. 

Let me just put this out there, captains lead by example, lve not seen this from BW pretty much all season. I'd like to see a more vocal, passionate, consistent captain, whether that's BW remains to be seen. 

I’ll leave it here . You sir are a ******* idiot 

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think you’re being unduly harsh to @You Do The Dziekanowski there...

AAFE04AF-99EA-432A-BB23-929E174C9A8B.png

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair play! Guess I marked him/her down for suggesting Wednesday would finish 2nd, Reading 6th and Villa would be mediocre!

How the *beep* have I managed to predict that!! 

Apart from us I’m miles away mind. No wonder I don’t win many bets, I never bet on us!!

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Cheers bob I will now just worry for some fans at times not understanding their impact at certain times. Prime example , the positivity oozing though anfield tonight . That was support , outstanding . Imagine if we’d supported like that . 

:thumbsup:

I don’t agree with it but think it was a perfect storm of circumstances and felt the frustration that I guess those who reacted did

Unusual Tbf And as I say a perfect storm with a lot I believe sending a message to LJ thro his captain about a number of things if I’m honest

As I say I don’t like it , don’t agree with it but a part of me can understand that some lost it for a few seconds 

As you say no one gains but sometimes people’s frustration boils over in all sorts of emotions

I also think many were cheering the fact that Lee was changing something

Lets hope it rattles all involved and we don’t see it again at AG for a long time

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

:thumbsup:

I don’t agree with it but think it was a perfect storm of circumstances and felt the frustration that I guess those who reacted did

Unusual Tbf And as I say a perfect storm with a lot I believe sending a message to LJ thro his captain about a number of things if I’m honest

As I say I don’t like it , don’t agree with it but a part of me can understand that some lost it for a few seconds 

As you say no one gains but sometimes people’s frustration boils over in all sorts of emotions

I also think many were cheering the fact that Lee was changing something

Lets hope it rattles all involved and we don’t see it again at AG for a long time

Bob. I didn’t agree with the team selection especially leaving Marlon out against a side like Brentford . I’d be a hypocrite if I said I didn’t moan on Monday. I wouldn’t though cheer a player going off . Personally I just sat there then clapped when Lloyd came on. 

My problem is this. We get commentary like . The roofs just come off here at Ashton gate when we beat the mancs and I think we’ll all agree a amazing atmosphere . Then a couple of months later certain fans are slamming the same players after a dip in form . It’s fuckng pathetic mate. 

Archived