IGNORED

Ashton/SL speak to Dean Smith now

tinman85

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How did you get details of all the championship clubs’ budgets? Please share, it would make very interesting reading...cheers

18th biggest budget yet spunked over 30million on players in 2 seasons not including the loans.

more than any previous manager was given in last few years 

I don’t want LJ out (unlike the opening poster), but he is worrying me again. 

Dropping Pack!!! Dropping Kelly after 2 man of match performances. Playing Kent after countless nothing performances. Giving a woefully off form Paterson chance after chance. Persisting with the brain dead Frenchman up front. 

The tinkerman of the bad run is back. Stop it LJ. 

6 hours ago, JBFC II said:

You could also say 3 defeats in 12 before today, stats are too subjective. Today was pathetic, really was but the progress over the past 12 months is incredible

With 6 games left, it will be interesting to see how many of them we can win. At the moment, we've won 16, last season we won 15. Putting the cup to one side, the league campaign has followed a similar pattern, good to start with then poor. The poor started a month earlier last season. It's been better, but I couldn't call it incredible, so far....

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How did you get details of all the championship clubs’ budgets? Please share, it would make very interesting reading...cheers

I'd be interested to know too. I'd also like to know if that 18th highest budget is determined solely by league rules, or whether it's a based on a figure that the club sets for itself.

7 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Bit of an overreaction, we were dreadful for one game but we are still 7th and on a small budget, the turnaround has been amazing

We were not dreadful for one game. We have been poor for weeks and somehow we were not four down to a team inside the bottom 3 in under twenty minutes on Saturday. Today’s utter garbage was shameful. A late goal covered up abject failure to compete On Saturday. 

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I cannot for the life of me remember where it was published mate. I will try and find it for you 

The whole thread is undermined by the "shoestring budget" comment imo.

Plenty of info out there that show brentfords wage bill is pretty high,in fact i read somewhere that they spend 160% of their turnover on wages which is even higher than bcfc.

Millwall have a shoestring budget relative to this division so maybe the same thread on saturday would be better?

17 hours ago, Vil1 said:

3 wins in 17 is sackable .we have a team of jumped up league 1 players .fielding has saved us so many times! The french are shite .we was better without them .kent shit walsh shit .kelly gets mom then put on bench .bryam massivley overated has 1 good game in 10.diony shit.bought loaned so much shit its unreal .but were still in there with a chance .just play our best team on form .i cant think of 1 player we got in thats performing. Lost the best player in league 1 for pennies .bradley dack wud piss in to our 11 .hes litreally taking blackburn up on his own.pay the money lansdown you tight fuker .wats a ground without fans

Shakespeare's back .

:blink:

21 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I wouldn't say he can't change it.. I mean in the space of 2 years he's managed to turn a team heading for relegation under Cotts into a playoff chasing one by late 2016. Then back again...Then back again.. and now possibly back again. We all know LJ can turn bad form around , it just seems to be everything or nothing under him. We are either world beaters or utter utter dogpoo. Baffling.

The core of the team is the inherited league one champions nucleus, we have though moved on from there, however I feel we will be in this division forever with these long, poor runs of form.

Im not going to bother forecasting as to where we'd be with another manager as LJ is here for the long run, I don't think we can afford a poor start to next season though as I not sure we have a calculated way to turn these runs around.

Going back to @tinman85's unsubstantiated claim of Brentford's "shoestring budget"...

The Football Association has today released details of each club's spending with "registered intermediaries" (agents) - http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/rules-and-regulations/2017-18/intermediary-fees---1-february-2017---31-january-2018.ashx

Brentford FC:  £1,690,415

Bristol City FC: £843,174

So Brentford FC spent more than 100% more in the period 1 February 2017 to 31 January 2018 despite their so-called "shoestring budget". 

==========================================================================

The Championship listing from lowest to highest...

BOLTON WANDERERS £223,432
IPSWICH TOWN £241,969
BURTON ALBION £268,490
MILLWALL £311,505
BARNSLEY £419,638
SHEFFIELD UNITED £652,070
BRISTOL CITY £843,174
PRESTON NORTH END £1,046,679
NOTTINGHAM FOREST £1,141,512
LEEDS UNITED £1,349,452
BRENTFORD £1,690,415
SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY £1,714,130
QUEENS PARK RANGERS £1,817,113
HULL CITY £1,882,530
WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS £2,001,023
CARDIFF CITY £2,026,917
DERBY COUNTY £2,180,305
NORWICH CITY £2,212,410
FULHAM £2,428,175
BIRMINGHAM CITY £2,461,909
MIDDLESBROUGH £2,538,840
READING £2,850,283
SUNDERLAND £4,370,897
ASTON VILLA £5,510,180

4 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I'm confused. We spent more than that on just "one for the future" signing.

These are only the agent fees, not transfer fees etc.

But it's an interesting aspect to consider that Brentford spend twice as much on agents despite @tinman85's unfounded, unsubstantiated bluster (some might say outright lie) of their "shoestring budget". 

On 02/04/2018 at 18:44, numbeast said:

At the start of this season most pundits had us nailed on to be relagated. By December many of those pundits were raving about our style of play. Despite our poor run of form we are still in with an outside chance of a place in the play offs, something that wasn't in even the happiest clappers mind. But still people want Johnson replaced.

Now I'm not saying any of our fans have an agenda against LJ but I struggle to make any real sense out of sacking him. The other thing that worries me is the OP wants a manager whose current club is 4 pts and 4 places behind us. We are a work in progress, and although we should have been able to sustain a play off place perhaps the pressure has taken its toll or the injuries have played a part in some results which have dented the confidence in such a young group. Whatever the reasons I'll be happy finishing in the top half if the table.

Agreed. Pointless sacking him now. 

However, I hope there are some very clear and ambitious deliverables for next season. Deliverables against which the chop comes if he fails. 

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

So you think it’s ok to cheer one of our players being subbed. That’ll do him the world of good you absolute **** wit. 

Guess there were a few thousand **** wits at AG yesterday then. Did you go to Barnsley @steviestevienevilleor @AppyDAZE?

I draw your attention to the players lack of thanks to the supporters at final whistle yesterday excepting KS they couldn't wait to get off the pitch. No double thumbs from BW for obvious reasons. 

Only thing making me a ####wit is replying to a baseless immature insult. Wonder if you guys were joining in insulting fellow supporters at the end yesterday? 

As a punter lm allowed to show my appreciation or dissatisfaction as l see reasonable and fit. If well paid professionals can't take it keep it simple:

SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT

19 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

Guess there were a few thousand **** wits at AG yesterday then. Did you go to Barnsley @steviestevienevilleor @AppyDAZE?

I draw your attention to the players lack of thanks to the supporters at final whistle yesterday excepting KS they couldn't wait to get off the pitch. No double thumbs from BW for obvious reasons. 

Only thing making me a ####wit is replying to a baseless immature insult. Wonder if you guys were joining in insulting fellow supporters at the end yesterday? 

As a punter lm allowed to show my appreciation or dissatisfaction as l see reasonable and fit. If well paid professionals can't take it keep it simple:

SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT

How do you think it’ll help a player jeering him/ booing him. Please explain . I stand by my statement you’re a **** wit 

26 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT

So you boo our players off and then expect them to do a lap of the pitch and clap your contribution. You’re a bit strange aren’t you. 

On 4/2/2018 at 17:54, View from the Dolman said:

Oh, @tinman85 is talking shoestring budgets again...

So looking at wage bills...

• Bristol City Holdings Ltd - 15/16... £17.432m (353 employees) which is broken up into... 
    • Bristol City Football Club Ltd - 15/16... £15.437m (138 employees)
    • Ashton Gate Ltd - 15/16... £2.126m (215 employees)
    • Note: there's a minor discrepancy here of c. £100k but that's not really relevant in the bigger picture
  • Brentford FC Ltd - 15/16... £17.603m (192 employees)

Or operating expenses...

• Bristol City Holdings Ltd - 15/16... £28.610m
  • Brentford FC Ltd - 15/16... £29.731m

Brentford FC Ltd has yet to file its accounts for 16/17 so I'm using 15/16 figures here for both sets of figures.

So, @tinman85, can you clarify where the shoestring budget is? 

Not in his pockets.

shoestring.jpg

14 minutes ago, Enter Sandman said:

So you boo our players off and then expect them to do a lap of the pitch and clap your contribution. You’re a bit strange aren’t you. 

My contribution? 

I cheered the over due substitutions as many many others did.

I didn't boo even at the end, l did however note KS was the only player to really make an effort to applaud the fans who stayed till the end. 

Just now, Singingsuperstar said:

I didn't boo even at the end l cheered the substitutions, shame LJ bottled it so long into second half. 

Were you at Barnsley? 

You cheered the players coming on or going off . What’s Barnsley got to do with anything. You also haven’t explained how it helps to jeer one of our own players. Please enlighten me oh wise one. 

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You cheered the players coming on or going off . What’s Barnsley got to do with anything. You also haven’t explained how it helps to jeer one of our own players. Please enlighten me oh wise one. 

Cheered the substitutions (clearly stated). Barnsley has alot to do with next game selection, so l guess you didn't bother going. I didn't jeer any of our players though if l did, that would be my perogative as is anyone's. 

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

If you’ve got something to say @CotswoldRed say it rather than hide behind a icon. Are you another of the morons  who thinks it’ll help by jeering our own players ? 

Your well-earned rubbish icon was for your abuse of a fellow forum-member. Nothing to do with your opinion. 

Archived