IGNORED

The Nottingham Forest FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 45

Septic Peg

42 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

How the **** can Adam Baker have the neck to say they have come a long way? Poor travelling fans do an around trip of 280 miles to watch another insipid Display, Long way? I would say we are going backwards.

He's not paid for his objective comments. 

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Well that is an opinion, not a fact.

It's not been good enough, no where near. It's an 'opportunity' lost for sure.

Am I defending that 16th placed form? Hell no.

BUT - I'm tired of seeing time and again people peddling fake news, especially this lazy relegation form stat, as fact.

Argue your point with the right facts at least.

Except as I've pointed out, you could do with some work on your maths.

It's 24 points from the last 23 games - equivalent to half a season - not 26.

Not sure how much lower than 16th that makes us, but you'd have to admit that a point a game over a full season can result in relegation.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

He inherited a threadbare squad full of loans, which came close to relegation, and he is working in a transfer market vastly more expensive than ever before. No one was paying £10 million for strikers last time we were in the Championship.

If he has spent more money it’s because he was starting from a low base and absolutely had to just to get the squad up to size, let alone make us competitive.

Of course this is all rather inconvenient for those would just prefer to say “he’s been backed like no manager ever before!”

He's turned a squad performing consistently well into a squad performing poorly over a long period. That's not in doubt. 

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

Not sure how much lower than 16th that makes us, but you'd have to admit that a point a game over a full season can result in relegation.

It can but as @Alessandro has said, it wouldn't this season, so therefore it isn't relegation form

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

He's turned a squad performing consistently well into a squad performing poorly over a long period. That's not in doubt. 

I don’t disagree, but for balance it was also him that turned them into a squad performing consistently well in the first place. That’s not to defend the unacceptable subsequent decline however.

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Incorrect again.

Who cares about last season - this season, with the teams we play and which we are compared to.

This season there are 8 teams with less points over the 2nd half of the season. 

= Not relegation form.

certainly feels like it though!

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

I don’t disagree, but for balance it was also him that turned them into a squad performing consistently well in the first place. That’s not to defend the unacceptable subsequent decline however.

Maybe he could politely get his arse back into gear then. 

4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

There is nothing wrong with my maths - just your reading by the looks of things.

Tell me where I mentioned or referred to  26 games??

I'll do it now though, seeing as you brought it up - our last 26 games we collected 33 points, which is 12th in the form table over that period, so that won't help your argument.

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

It can but as @Alessandro has said, it wouldn't this season, so therefore it isn't relegation form

Relegation form , relegation threatening form, lower mid table form, whatever really. The fact remains that this half of the season has been absolutely diabolical and questions should be being asked as to what on earth has happened.  It's been an embarrassment. 

10 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Incorrect again.

Who cares about last season - this season, with the teams we play and which we are compared to.

This season there are 8 teams with less points over the 2nd half of the season. 

= Not relegation form.

But there would have been more points sloshing about due to more losses and draws by us in the 1st half of the season, so your 'fact' is just as incorrect.  You cannot say either way it's a pointless calculation as there are too many variables.  The only thing you can say is that we were great and then turned crap.

16 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

or just call it what it is - lower mid-table form?

We can be pedantic over what this “form” is called if carried over into next season. Some seasons it’s relegation form others including this season it isn’t.

Using facts I would say that our failure to win away from home since December 8th coupled with 20 points in the last 21 games (hardly an insignificant sample size it has to be said) gives me no optimism that we can repeat our current mid table finish next season........unless we have a strong transfer window.

The slate is wiped clean at around 2pm next Sunday........over to Johnson and Ashton then!!

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

We can be pedantic over what this “form” is called if carried over into next season. Some seasons it’s relegation form others including this season it isn’t.

Using facts I would say that our failure to win away from home since December 8th coupled with 20 points in the last 21 games (hardly an insignificant sample size it has to be said) gives me no optimism that we can repeat our current mid table finish next season........unless we have a strong transfer window.

The slate is wiped clean at around 2pm next Sunday........over to Johnson and Ashton then!!

The away win statistic is a massive downer. When did we last go so long without an away win? 

Many many years I imagine. Although stattos will probably confirm it was within the last 5!

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

But there would have been more points sloshing about due to more losses and draws by us in the 1st half of the season, so your 'fact' is just as incorrect.  You cannot say either way it's a pointless calculation.

Sorry - go back over my posts and tell me what 'fact' claim i've made? Have I used that word, other than in reference to what else was written?

You've made comments that are as variable and vague as 1 point a game is 'basically relegation form'

All i've said is, in this league, versus these teams, this season - over the 2nd half of the season, THIS SEASON, we are placed 16th in the form table. 

Not in the relegation zone. It's that simple.

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Sorry - go back over my posts and tell me 'fact' claim i've made?

You've made comments that are as variable and vague as 1 point a game is 'basically relegation form'

All i've said is, in this league, versus these teams, this season - over the 2nd half of the season, THIS SEASON, we are placed 16th in the form table. 

Not in the relegation zone. It's that simple.

Ok, on your basis you are correct, it’s not relegation form this season.

However that doesn’t make our form any less shitter!!!!

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

There is nothing wrong with my maths - just your reading by the looks of things.

Tell me where I mentioned or referred to  26 games??

I'll do it now though, seeing as you brought it up - our last 26 games we collected 33 points, which is 12th in the form table over that period.

26 points, not games. Your post 406.

Over the equivalent of half a season - 23 games - we have 24 points.

You are correct though it's 33 points from the past 26 games, and I'll take your word for it that's 12th in that particular form table.

Over the past 45 games we are on 67 games, which puts us 10th in that form table.

These are all facts, as is the statement that 24 points from 23 games, if repeated over a full season - for example next season - can and has resulted in relegation. Relegation form.

It's great that over a full season expectations have been exceeded, concerning that over a long period the manager appears to have lost his way, big time.

Last Summer I said we need a strong attack-minded central midfielder and I'll say it still.  

Someone to break up those central attacks and give us a battering ram to punch through to their final third.

A Marv, a Hartley. Either model.

Walsh is not that man.

Until we get such a player we are in constant danger of our midfield being over-run and our defence will always look poor with constant pressure on it. 

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Last Summer I said we need a strong attack-minded central defender and I'll say it still.  

Someone to break up those central attacks and give us a battering ram to punch through to their final third.

A Marv, a Hartley. Either model.

Walsh is not that man.

Until we get such a player we are in constant danger of our midfield being over-run and our defence will always look poor with constant pressure on it. 

Do you mean central midfielder?

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

It is indeed far more fundamental than that. It`s football and it`s what happens.

If you had a succession of average service on your visits to a restaurant or saw a run of bad films at the cinema would you demand an independent audit of the companies involved? 

Well, if I’d seen the same film 46 times and it started out as one of the best films I’d seen, but the actors started getting worse and worse, fluffing their lines and the storyline changed, then yes, I would want it investigated. 

52 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

another 0-0 next week and we will finish 10th, the LJ lovers will be creaming themselves over such a successful season...:whistle2:

**** it.

Dont care if youre fishing or not.

That is a ******* dishonest statement.

Why do the likes of you have to act like arseholes and look to put down those who are able to have a sense of perspective, rather than leaping to extremes?

Am I "creaming myself" over the season? Abso-*******-lutely not.

Has the season been decent overall- undoubtedly.

A side that was tipped for relegation has been in contentention for the playoffs until the penultimate game of the season, while reaching a cup semi final for the first time in a generation, and yet you make disparaging remarks about those who aren't acting all "woe is me".

Has the form since January been a concern? Absolutely and it must be looked into as these Jekyl and Hyde half seasons are not sustainable.

But the comments like yours only bring about one conclusion- that you are a snide *****.

1 minute ago, Enter Sandman said:

Well, if I’d seen the same film 46 times and it started out as one of the best films I’d seen, but the actors started getting worse and worse, fluffing their lines and the storyline changed, then yes, I would want it investigated. 

Wouldn't be the same film if all that happened!

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

The away win statistic is a massive downer. When did we last go so long without an away win? 

Many many years I imagine. Although stattos will probably confirm it was within the last 5!

It's 12 since 23/12/2017 but go back to (just) 14/10/2016 and there was a run of 13 !!

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

**** it.

Why do the likes of you have to act like arseholes and look to put down those who are able to have a sense of perspective, rather than leaping to extremes?

A side that was tipped for relegation has been in contentention for the playoffs until the penultimate game of the season, while reaching a cup semi final for the first time in a generation, and yet you make disparaging remarks about those who aren't acting all "woe is me".

Has the form since January been a concern? Absolutely and it must be looked into as these Jekyl and Hyde half seasons are not sustainable.

But the comments like yours only bring about one conclusion- that you are a snide *****.

Wow!

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

**** it.

So...to sum it up....you will not be creaming yourself ?

Archived