IGNORED

2018 World Cup

daored

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed. Certainly if Mexico are as quick and cohesive on the break as v Germany, Brazil could have problems- and if they get the final ball right then an upset could well happen!

Would add Peru, their finishing notwithstanding to the list too. Definitely could have got something v France and Denmark.

Yep forgot about Peru.. there's a few awkward South American sides.. there's a few I'd actually be more fearful of us playing than Brazil or Argentina in a weird way.. Uruguay for one.

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Mexico actually have quite a good record v Brazil.

Brazil obviously more wins overall but Mexico, well Brazil shouldn't take them lightly.

Not in world cups!

I think I saw something earlier that said Brazil have beaten Mexico in every World Cup match against them (I believe it was 5 games) with a total aggregate score of 11-0

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

My biggest concern is that because we have beaten Tunisia and Panama, all of a sudden everyone thinks we can win the World Cup!!!

A friend of mine knows a Panamanian and this Panamanian once lived next door to Roberto Duran when they were children, but that is coincidental. My friend of the Panamanian did say that the Panamanian does like to name drop, so there might not be anything in it, but that is by the by. Anyway, he said that the Panamanian said that he had never seen Panama so outclassed and taken to the cleaners before as they were by England in all the time he had been watching the Panama national team, which is nearly three weeks now.

My friend asked the Panamanian if it was ok for me to put his pov on here. He said it was just about ok because I'm called handsofclay if I had been called handsofstone that would've been wrong because that is his mate Roberto Duran's nickname. But he might've just been name dropping again.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

0-0 in Last WC between them.

Might have been that Mexico had failed to beat Brazil then.

Saw it briefly as I scrolled through Twitter this morning.

edit- probably should have checked it myself before posting here. But we all know that absolutely everything posted on social media is 100% accurate.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Neymar’s reaction to a slight stud on his ankle was ridiculous there!! C*** :disapointed2se:

I believe he has rolled a lot further than any other player. Surely the match stats can measure the distance! :rofl2br:

He's bound to get an Oscar for best acting performance.

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

My one / biggest concern is that Colombia , Sweden or Switzerland and Russia if we get that far and meet them will all sit behind the ball and let us try and break them down which tends to be when we have the biggest problems

The only side that may possibly come at us in a open(ish) game would be Croatia 

Thy type of the opponents rather than the star quality is likely to be our biggest hurdle (IMHO)

Don't see Colombia as all that defensive tbh- strong defensively perhaps, but players they've got won't be that defensive IMO.

The others yeah, pretty likely, but Colombia quite capable of attacking, of getting at us- Panama who were shocking had 2 good chances early on against us.

The other 3 yeah highly likely to be defensive, though Switzerland attacked Serbia and had a good first half v Brazil so can't be certain they'd sit totally deep. Decent possession wise Switzerland, but don't seem high scoring.

Overall though, tend to agree- with the possible exception of Colombia.

Archived