IGNORED

Goodbye and Good luck - Aden Flint gone, official (Merged)

Davefevs

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Meh. I long stopped getting sentimental about individuals. It’s a job to them and if they can better their salary they will. 

Very much agree in the main. But Flinty was a different case. To me at least. Ah well, onwards and somedirectionwards! 

Flinty is my favourite player since he joined the club five years ago .

I love his dry sense of humour and the lads around him did too.

He is a  star and a grafter . A real man in today's game of cheats and pussies. 

He has left us with many memories and I wish him all the best at his new club .

New heroes will rise to take his place but Flinty will never be forgotten at BCFC.

Good luck big fella and thank you .

Good luck, Aden.

You were an absolute warrior for us and a great professional. A credit to the game. 

All the best, apart from when you play us.

If you could do us the favour of making one or more of your dodgy back passes on the 18th of August, that would be much appreciated and make you even more of a legend down here.  ;)

Signally the most improved player City have had in years. Lest not forget at the end of his first season there isn't a City fan who wouldn't have offered him a free, one-way lift anywhere in the country. What he did subsequently is a huge credit to himself. So thanks for the memories Flinty but us having bagged the dosh I hope you revert to being the player you were when you first joined us. 

He couldn't have given more for us.  Always a 100% player even when Harry Redknapp was dicking around last season.

I hope he gets to play in the Premier League with or without Boro.

And you just know he's going to score against in both fixtures next season!

Think, although the fee is undisclosed, this represents pretty good business. We have benefitted from a solid, popular player and received much more than we paid for him.

It is very likely that Bobby and Joe will be next, again if that happens it will, for the same reasons, represent good business.

Thank you Aden and good luck.

We are an absolute Shambles of a Club totally lacking in any ambition to keep good player and trot out the same shit about it being a good deal for all concerned... what a joke we are its about time we spent the money on player and a decent manager and actually wanted to go for the Prem instead of just being happy with Championship survival.... :grr:

Probably my favourite player we've had in a very long time, he not only had that motivating factor but he was a real threat as well as a professional who gave his all. IMO he is the hardest player to replace in our squad.

8 hours ago, Paul Cheesy said:

I actually feel a bit sorry for Aden, he now has to live in Middlesbrough!!!

Really held them back from recruiting the likes of Juninho, Ravenelli, Ince, Mendieta, Robson and the like, hasn’t it..

:grr:

As the Boro fan says there are some beautiful villages very close by, even if the town itself is awful.

Really disappointed he’s going but good luck to him. I reckon Pulis will get even more out of him and the rumoured fee might well be a bargain. 

For me, the fact he’s gone to another championship club is the worry. What does it say about our aspirations as a club? (Especially if all our other leading players leave).  

Gutted to see the big man go. There isn't really another player out there like him at this level. He's not a perfect defender but the reputation he has earned himself these last few years is testiment to how far he's come since joining.

Thanks and all the very best Aden.

19 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Weather getting to you?

I know nothing of his background or about him. 

Pinched the comment from another site 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aden-flint-middlesbrough-transfer-bristol-1717660.amp

I am fine thank you, Beek is a horrible piece of work

Sad that people still believe the nonsense that he spouts over social media

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Does make you wonder however..  If both us and Boro have great seasons, and he is asked on the pitch by a Sky reporter if he wants Bristol City to get promoted alongside Boro what his answer would be.

Yes, Yes, Yes

Actually took a moment to reflect. A sad day, and probably set to get even worse. Will be odd seeing him play for somebody else, especially now he's been flogged to the same division.

As City fans we will look on today as a significant turning point for the club, either for the better, or for the day it all went downhill. There really is no way to tell. Only optimism to come from this is if we're selling, we have the replacements ready.

Archived