IGNORED

Leeds Utd allocation and ticketing

BCFC1512

Aren’t W6 seats the “corporate” ones..? 

If so, they are probably held back for more expensive package sales and spares are only then called upon once all other seats are sold out. 

It’s not like they’ve held back blocks of general admission seats. 

These can be viewed as “extras” as opposed to ones that general admission were deprived of in the first place, as they are never usually made available without one of the hospitality packages. 

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

That's bloody annoying, those extra seats would have been better than the single I've purchased at the top corner of the Dolman, and I told a mate he couldn't go as it was the last seat left.

Bit crap, if you ask me.  Anyone care to link Matt Parsons and ask why this happens?  I'm not sure how to link to a person's name.

Phone the club and ask to move, I know you shouldn’t have to but I’m sure they will do it.

2 hours ago, wood_red said:

They have arranged to do something different now so it's lost money for the club, releasing tickets how they are is ridiculous imo. If people are happy to sit on their own they will pick a seat on their own when that is all that is left. When they are not releasing seats together it is will put people off going especially parents with kid(s). Miss out this week and they may not go as frequently, get a few seats together and they may go next game as well....

Perhaps leaving it until the last minute wasn’t a good idea, they can always buy a season ticket for next season if they are that keen or are they only coming because we are playing Leeds??

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Perhaps leaving it until the last minute wasn’t a good idea, they can always buy a season ticket for next season if they are that keen or are they only coming because we are playing Leeds??

That is fair enough - but there were still hundreds that could have been available when they wanted theirs, the club chose not to make them available though!!

Saturdays game is just one of around about a dozen they can make through the whole season.

8 hours ago, Verloc said:

Clough probably was the best manager around at the time, I agree. He was also young though, and I think he might have handled things differently if he had been a bit older and a bit wiser. He needed to get the players on his side, but instead chose to rubbish them. Experienced professionals, who had already won a lot of honours in the game, were not going to take kindly to that approach. He was also without Peter Taylor, of course, who would no doubt have helped him in that respect. 

Most of the Leeds players were coming to the end of their career by then and wouldn’t have lasted long under Clough anyway though Norman Hunter must be one of the best signings we ever made

2 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Now showing as Sold Out on OS ?

Come on City - lets raise the roof and take what would be, an absolutely huge three points

COYRs

1 seat left now ?

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Sold out yet there are going to be 1500 empty seats in the Atyeo, crazy

Blame the Leeds fans

37 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Just 1 seat in W1 remains.

Are you seriously waking up at 7am and checking precisely how many tickets are showing as available..? 

We know it’s “sold out” but I’m genuinely intrigued (baffled) as to why you’d keep logging back on and checking each individual block to see if the odd ticket had become available..!

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Are you seriously waking up at 7am and checking precisely how many tickets are showing as available..? 

We know it’s “sold out” but I’m genuinely intrigued (baffled) as to why you’d keep logging back on and checking each individual block to see if the odd ticket had become available..!

Been up working since 1am pal, so technically it’s my lunch time haha!

got friends who wanna go still if can get seats together, chill out!!

9 hours ago, harrys said:

Most of the Leeds players were coming to the end of their career by then and wouldn’t have lasted long under Clough anyway though Norman Hunter must be one of the best signings we ever made

I just think Clough was too impatient. The team he inherited were reigning League Champions remember and went on to reach the final of the European Cup under Jimmy Armfield. I think the breaking up of the Revie team needed to be a more gradual job, but Clough seemed to try to go at it like a bull in a china shop. I'm not sure you can just change a team overnight and many of those players went on to play for a few more seasons. 

1 hour ago, Verloc said:

I just think Clough was too impatient. The team he inherited were reigning League Champions remember and went on to reach the final of the European Cup under Jimmy Armfield. I think the breaking up of the Revie team needed to be a more gradual job, but Clough seemed to try to go at it like a bull in a china shop. I'm not sure you can just change a team overnight and many of those players went on to play for a few more seasons. 

Fair enough,

For me, this game is bigger than the cup games v both Manchester clubs last season.

We will be tested against a very good current Leeds side, with Bielsa surely the best manager in the 2nd tier this season  ? For debate perhaps.

If we give a good account of ourselves and (perhaps) get something out of this game, then I think our play-off hopes are very much alive.

If we get smashed, then it looks more likely we will end up 7th-10th at the end of the season.

BUT - Leeds will be up against what is generally recognised as the best CB partnership in the EFL this season.

Hopefully Kalas and Webster will be on top form - they will need to be. 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I presume all these people scrambling for tickets will be there Tuesday as well? Good, another sell out. 

2 hours ago, alaw said:

Your only here to watch the Leeds!! ? 

Sadly an accurate response

2 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I presume all these people scrambling for tickets will be there Tuesday as well? Good, another sell out. 

Pathetic and embarrassing if we don't open up the entire Atyeo to Ipswich fans, turning away free money.

Should be an electric atmosphere.

15 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

For me, this game is bigger than the cup games v both Manchester clubs last season.

We will be tested against a very good current Leeds side, with Bielsa surely the best manager in the 2nd tier this season  ? For debate perhaps.

If we give a good account of ourselves and (perhaps) get something out of this game, then I think our play-off hopes are very much alive.

If we get smashed, then it looks more likely we will end up 7th-10th at the end of the season.

BUT - Leeds will be up against what is generally recognised as the best CB partnership in the EFL this season.

Hopefully Kalas and Webster will be on top form - they will need to be. 

I can see Saturday turning us into hoofball. 

Leeds press very high and very quickly. With us trying to play out from the back i think we’ll resort to lumping it long. 

If this happens with just Fam up top it wont work. However, should LJ go with a more direct route, perhaps a 2nd striker might be on the cards!?!

• Admin
14 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Aren’t W6 seats the “corporate” ones..? 

If so, they are probably held back for more expensive package sales and spares are only then called upon once all other seats are sold out. 

It’s not like they’ve held back blocks of general admission seats. 

These can be viewed as “extras” as opposed to ones that general admission were deprived of in the first place, as they are never usually made available without one of the hospitality packages. 

Whenever I have been in corporate sections they have always been in the lower tier W13, W14, W15

I guess they could be "freebies" that didn't get allocated

• Admin
10 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Don't buy into that nonsense, in 2016/17 there were about 1,000 less home fans than what we were averaging that season vs Leeds.

They're not a draw anymore and haven't been for years.

On the basis that our crowd has gone up roughly 4k I would say they are going for that reason

It'll be back around sub 20k Tuesday

15 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Don't buy into that nonsense, in 2016/17 there were about 1,000 less home fans than what we were averaging that season vs Leeds.

They're not a draw anymore and haven't been for years.

@phantom is spot on, if we were playing Ipswich on the Saturday there is no chance it would be a sell out

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

@phantom is spot on, if we were playing Ipswich on the Saturday there is no chance it would be a sell out

Ipswich are 24th not 2nd, if it would've been against Norwich or Sheffield United it would have been exactly the same. Added to that, Ipswich wouldn't have brought more than 1,000 here, Norwich would definitely sell out, Sheffield Utd probably would.

5 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Ipswich are 24th not 2nd, if it would've been against Norwich or Sheffield United it would have been exactly the same. Added to that, Ipswich wouldn't have brought more than 1,000 here, Norwich would definitely sell out, Sheffield Utd probably would.

We had 20k at home to norwich and Sheffield United earlier on this season...

Leeds are still a big draw, no matter where they are in the league. We'll be back to hoping for 20k on Tuesday

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

On the basis that our crowd has gone up roughly 4k I would say they are going for that reason

Exactly I'm not having a pop but we travel well and we create an atmosphere and sadly some grounds don't generate that anymore, we travel in numbers so your lads make an effort because we have, ipswich won't make the effort so neither will you, same at every ground if we weren't riding high we'd be down a good 10k at home games if we were playing teams who come to ER and not made an effort.

Saying that our fans at ER understand with the amount you lads have to pay, £39 for a ticket is mad, we love it when the away fans fill the away end, it generates a atmosphere for both look at WBA last Friday, they showed up and it was electric, best I've seen for years

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's not as simple as that.

In our last Saturday home game we had 20,000 home fans in. Saturday we will have about 22,000, so obviously it being on a weekend rather than midweek is a factor.

The home game before that on a Saturday - 19,200 home fans, whereas our last two midweek home games we've had about 18,500.

Not just about the opposition, it's about convenience and the magnitude of the game.

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

We had 20k at home to norwich and Sheffield United earlier on this season...

Leeds are still a big draw, no matter where they are in the league. We'll be back to hoping for 20k on Tuesday

Back in August and December, can you really not see that the size of this game is far bigger than either of them two?

Archived