IGNORED

Opening (Restarting) Fixtures now confirmed

Silvio Dante

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Some of the Red Button games appeared to be filmed by Stevie Wonder under the direction of Helen Keller this season for example.

Thanks Rob for making me laugh. It has been a long time since I last read Helen Keller's name!

For any snowflakes offended by your gest, kindly leave and go to Bristol Rovers. My wife is registered blind and we spent 4 long stressful years trying to change the benefit law for those with Retinitis Pigmentosa. We got as high as the Court Of Appeal but came second. 

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The streaming option is of course welcome and I shall be hopefully watching the games live on telly, however....

I already have Sky Sports - so that's one less game for me to see any benefit, and whilst I am sure this represents a fair value deal, being an adult Dolman central season ticket holder, I'm not sure how much my season ticket worked out on a price per game basis.

As others have suggested, would it work out better value to take a refund and pay-as-you-go for the streaming?

Guess we wait until details of the new platform are announced and go from there. Some of the Red Button games appeared to be filmed by Stevie Wonder under the direction of Helen Keller this season for example.

I agree and that's what I will do-  take the refund and PAYG , in my case (Sen.Lwr Lansdown) my pro rata refund would be £88, and to PAYG every game is £90. But as I have sky that 90 is already down to 80 and there's a fair chance we will get 1 or 2 more covered by sky when they choose the next 19 games, especially if we're doing well and in the top 6. On the other hand if we bomb and are out of the race before the last 2 games do I want to pay £10 each to watch what will be meaningless games with the team already in Vegas!

If you do have Sky I'd think it through before accepting the streaming vouchers as it may work out more expensive.....even more so if there's more than one fan in your house.

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

As others have suggested, would it work out better value to take a refund and pay-as-you-go for the streaming?

Are refunds even being offered? I haven't seen anything to suggest they will be, especially seeing as the club are giving ST holders the chance to watch all remaining games - including the away games which we wouldn't have seen unless paid-for on RobinsTV (for any ex pats or holiday makers, obvs:whistle:

52 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

The rules pre-lockdown this season were that Robins TV was available to all in UK provided that:

Games were not in the saturday window ie up to 5pm

No Sky UK broadcast 

No international broadcast 

Renegotiation has meant all if above has changed. It will be £10 per game for the likes of us who haven't got an ST.

Robinstv video wasn’t available in UK at all pre-lockdown....only commentary.

But post-covid they are.

35 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I agree and that's what I will do-  take the refund and PAYG , in my case (Sen.Lwr Lansdown) my pro rata refund would be £88, and to PAYG every game is £90. But as I have sky that 90 is already down to 80 and there's a fair chance we will get 1 or 2 more covered by sky when they choose the next 19 games, especially if we're doing well and in the top 6. On the other hand if we bomb and are out of the race before the last 2 games do I want to pay £10 each to watch what will be meaningless games with the team already in Vegas!

If you do have Sky I'd think it through before accepting the streaming vouchers as it may work out more expensive.....even more so if there's more than one fan in your house.

Reckon City v PNE last weekend will be live if both teams continue current form, so that would be another £10 saved.

22 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Why not?   Looking at the crowds yesterday I believe the new rule must be - gatherings of up to 10,000 from different households

And tear down a statue and drag it to the waterfront 

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Robinstv video wasn’t available in UK at all pre-lockdown....only commentary.

But post-covid they are.

Reckon City v PNE last weekend will be live if both teams continue current form, so that would be another £10 saved.

I see they have the time tbc, all the last day games usually have to KO at the same time don’t they. Maybe if promotion, playoffs and relegation is sorted by then they won’t need to be? Was it last year we left at 5am for Hull! *

*yes I appreciate the Preson fans aren’t having to travel

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

I see they have the time tbc, all the last day games usually have to KO at the same time don’t they. Maybe if promotion, playoffs and relegation is sorted by then they won’t need to be? Was it last year we left at 5am for Hull! *

*yes I appreciate the Preson fans aren’t having to travel

If most games are being streamed, I would imagine they will stagger them so those who have nothing to play for kick off at the same time, and those who need a result at another time.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

At least we haven`t got any 5pm ones (unless PNE ends up being) which is great for those of us who are back to work.

Maybe not....

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just noticed something.

If a midweek game (Hull/Stoke) is picked for Sky when we get to those it’ll be a 5pm kick off on Tues/Weds/Thurs if they go consistent with the schedule for the first lot of live midweek games 

26 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

I hope they have thought through how to retrieve the calls when kicked into stands as could break up the flow of games otherwise.

Bundesliga has plenty of balls placed by the hoardings about 5 metres apart from each other. When a new ball is used the old one is cleaned with wipes by a ball boy and placed back. One idea I wouldn’t mind to stay after everything’s back to normal to stop fans holding onto a ball etc to slow the game down.

one German team (think Leipzig) had 2 players pick up a ball each ready to throw, hard for opposition to set themselves properly against not knowing which would throw in

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I was under the impression that these games aren't under 'the Sky deal' and are gifted to Sky on exchange for not refunding them a fortune.

Question however, probably for @Harry and various other people involved with Section82, will there be the opportunity to put in any flag displays before restart?

A few well tethered surfer flags, and other banners and flags displayed across the seats might help make things a bit more interesting.

The challenge would be getting the surfer flags to surf on their own.

8 hours ago, Ciudad Bristol said:

Definite advantage to us with 5 home games and no away fans.

Are they allowed to plays crowd noises (recordings off us singing) during the match?

Double advantage no home fans either?

Interesting that in the Bundesliga yesterday , there were 20 games but only 5 Home wins. 

12 hours ago, hodge said:

Bundesliga has plenty of balls placed by the hoardings about 5 metres apart from each other. When a new ball is used the old one is cleaned with wipes by a ball boy and placed back. One idea I wouldn’t mind to stay after everything’s back to normal to stop fans holding onto a ball etc to slow the game down.

one German team (think Leipzig) had 2 players pick up a ball each ready to throw, hard for opposition to set themselves properly against not knowing which would throw in

Surely if you're playing and you know you're going to boot the ball into touch you're going to angle the clearance to see how many of the balls you can take out in one go. Too tempting!

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Well bugger me, did not know that.  I stand correct @Norn Iron I am not worthy ?

Dave, you are worthy. Very worthy in fact.

I've just written a song to be sung about you by Section 82 and it's to the tune of Sailing.

You are worthy,

You are worthy.

You are worthy, worthy Dave.

You are worthy, you are worthyyyy.

You are worthy Dave, worthyyyyy.

9 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Dave, you are worthy. Very worthy in fact.

I've just written a song to be sung about you by Section 82 and it's to the tune of Sailing.

You are worthy,

You are worthy.

You are worthy, worthy Dave.

You are worthy, you are worthyyyy.

You are worthy Dave, worthyyyyy.

I look forward to hearing that ringing out with the fake fan noise for our 5 home games. ???

Clubs approve new EFL regulations so it is now down to individual leagues to vote on their restart/curtailment, obviously championship is restarting but makes league 1 interesting, I hope a few years in the championship can help Coventry get back to being a stable club. Should also mean Stevenage (or Macclesfield if they get further points deductions) will be relegated to the conference and 2 teams promoted from NL.

46 minutes ago, hodge said:

Clubs approve new EFL regulations so it is now down to individual leagues to vote on their restart/curtailment, obviously championship is restarting but makes league 1 interesting, I hope a few years in the championship can help Coventry get back to being a stable club. Should also mean Stevenage (or Macclesfield if they get further points deductions) will be relegated to the conference and 2 teams promoted from NL.

Isn't the L1 vote today?

12 minutes ago, James said:

Sorry for the delayed response, first time checking on here in a while.

We did ask the club that very question (re. Setting up banners/large flags) and were told 'No' unfortunately.

Cheers James. 

@Bristol Rob there’s your answer I’m afraid. Not sure why the club wouldn’t allow this but there you go! 

Archived