IGNORED

Ashton Gate concerts 2022/23

phantom

3 hours ago, TomF said:

22nd at AG, 29th at Swansea.  That's a rather large Sunday Legends Spot at Glastonbury inbetween

We are thinking this too.

Also what is puzzling me is that The Killers are end of May, are they really going to leave the pitch covered for a month between the concerts? There won’t be any possibility of working on it until after either which is quite late. I think there could be more...

7 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Yeah I think this will sell well. Don't forget people haven't been to gigs for ages now, and it's a great Christmas present for the oldies.

Surely has to be Glasto in that space, though I swear acts love to put a Glasto-spaced hole in their tour and then never end up on the poster just for a wind up now.

My missus wants to go see him. Not really my cup of tea but a good present to get her

22 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I can’t see how much they are - Ticketmaster etc not advertising. I know that he was really making people pay through the nose for the arena leg of the tour though - see below for what I’d call a standard seat.

Cant imagine he’s that hard up!

3A587166-B66A-41CC-A04B-04F18D4DF221.jpeg

Would anyone really want to pay that much to see a 74 year old has been.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Don't forget to budget for a taxi so you don't have to drive her there and pick her up.

Be one hell of a taxi fare. 184 miles each way. Probably cost about the same as the ticket(s) I stumped up for this morning!

She can have it for her 30th Birthday present next year at least don't have to worry about that now.

22 hours ago, RedM said:

Also what is puzzling me is that The Killers are end of May, are they really going to leave the pitch covered for a month between the concerts? There won’t be any possibility of working on it until after either which is quite late. I think there could be more...

Probably driven by financial necessity to a degree given lack of punters due to Covid.

• Admin
On 23/06/2021 at 18:28, RedM said:

The stages are setup by individual acts.

The flooring on the pitch is relatively easy to take up and replace 

On 23/06/2021 at 13:58, BS2 Red said:

And we were all convinced you were David Furnish!

I only know he played the cricket ground because my mum took my nan to see him. My mum described it as "the worst concert I have ever seen, he was awful. He just can't sing anymore, I'd rather hear cats screeching. Your nan enjoyed it though.", which stuck in my mind. ?

I saw his first show at the County Ground in Taunton, which I thought was very impressive - but I think that was 2006! To be fair his voice held up far longer than some (like McCartney) but I think he’s struggling now.

On 10/11/2021 at 11:59, phantom said:

Anyone heard any more whispers about the concerts? 

I was expecting to have heard more by now 

Screenshot_20211110-063603_Twitter.jpg

I suspect more will be announced and tickets sold around Black Friday and lead upto Christmas a lot of promoters do this to tap into the Christmas present market!

Edited by TMWANG50

• Admin
On 29/11/2021 at 08:53, cider11 said:

An extra date added for Elton John. Sunday 26th June

Odd that there is currently a TV advert advertising his Ashton Gate concert but only mentions the first one on the Wednesday and multiple times state this is the last opportunity to see him... Clearly looks like the additional date was an after thought