IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

437 pages and counting,a massive thread about my club bristol rovers!

What a funny backhanded compliment that is,with no equivalent on the gaschat rovers forum and when i quickly looked on forums of other local rivals like liverpool/everton i simply couldnt find anything quite like this.

" only one team in bristol"   except we like to talk non stop everyday about bristol rovers and we read their forum and quote it word for word on here almost as if there were in fact 2 teams in bristol,weird!!

Some post about rovers virtually everyday on here it seems?

Maybe its the relegation haunted faces you clearly see on you city fans faces  as you prepare for yet another battle against the drop despite spending god only knows how much money on under performing players or perhaps its the spectre of bristol rovers amazing progress under darrell clarke that has brought this rovers obsessed forum to produce this strange thread?

Not sure,you tell me but its hilarious so please keep on posting and thanks for the interest in my wonderful club.

IMG_0721.GIF

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

This probably, they are not very good at stadia:

IMG_0723.JPG

Watch out Cheltenham, Yeovil & Oxford. This is what the tramps will leave behind if you ground share.

I haven't included swindle as this is a distinct improvement on their facilities.

4 minutes ago, Swede said:

Watch out Cheltenham, Yeovil & Oxford. This is what the tramps will leave behind if you ground share.

I haven't included swindle as this is a distinct improvement on their facilities.

Yes, I think there's no doubt that had the squatters got their grubby mits on our land they'd have managed to squander it, leaving it for ruin, before roving off in search of their next victims to ravage.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Yes, I think there's no doubt that had the squatters got their grubby mits on our land they'd have managed to squander it, leaving it for ruin, before roving off in search of their next victims to ravage.

They would have sold it and squatted until they were booted out. They have squatted for almost 100 years. It's what they feel comfortable with.

7 hours ago, Monkeh said:

oh dear, maybe you should look closer to home, how's that billionaire of yours? how about that new ground you were singing about when we beat you yet again?,

what about that open tour bus you had for finishing 2nd in the conference you know the one where no one turned up, what about santa's grotto or the fact your major announcement of the summer was cleaning the carpets and installing some "championship" ready sprinklers 

how'd you get on with your water tight contract with sainsburys? 

Stop being stupid shitty and tinpot and this thread will die,

oh! lets hope not!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

What a funny backhanded compliment that is,with no equivalent on the gaschat rovers forum and when i quickly looked on forums of other local rivals like liverpool/everton i simply couldnt find anything quite like this.

" only one team in bristol"   except we like to talk non stop everyday about bristol rovers and we read their forum and quote it word for word on here almost as if there were in fact 2 teams in bristol,weird!!

Maybe its the relegation haunted faces you clearly see on you city fans faces  as you prepare for yet another battle against the drop despite spending god only knows how much money on under performing players or perhaps its the spectre of bristol rovers amazing progress under darrell clarke that has brought this rovers obsessed forum to produce this strange thread?

Not sure,you tell me but its hilarious so please keep on posting and thanks for the interest in my wonderful club.

Hello Bluebutterfly, great name, by the way.

The only time gaschat has over 10 comments on a post is when Bristols longest standing football league team is being furiously discussed with bitter and resentment. 

But please, enjoy posting around OTIB, see on this forum we allow you Neanderthals pikeys horse punchers  rovers fans to post on here.

Oh yeah... beating Grimsby in the non league PO final and going up 2nd to Barnet and then the following season, only going up automatically by GD behind Northampton and Oxford. Wowee. Big boy Darrell indeed.

3 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

Screenshot_20170727-132954.png

@Big Red Rich have you infiltrated the Rovers appreciation page? If you have and are under the radar, :clap:

As for Mike Jay, he might be gas through and through but he's also a knob who threw his toys out the pram when someone who owns a signed Rovers shirt suggested that they might auction/raffle it to raise money for Bradley Lowery. Mr Jay wanted it to be donated to his museum, not to raise money for kids with cancer...

Obviously haven't been observing the rivalry long then because you wouldn't have made yourself look like an absolute tit.

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

5d9c67c402bf268039e0fcdc3c6a5f45--rugby-league-football-stadiums.jpg.e75dc7f74721588542884daaed5e167b.jpg

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Spot the difference..........

image_update_bed1e619cdbdaeba_1361830527_9j-4aaqsk.jpg

brist_away_end.jpg

One is a crumbling mess, hardly suitable for human occupation. The rotting albatross of a club that used to harbour ambitions of bigger & better things. 

The other one, I'm not sure. Aldershot maybe..?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Monkeh said:

whats worse is the amount of the thick ***** who believe all the shit thats posted, I've still got some of their supporters trying to tell me that they are richer then us and the 6th richest in the country, when you point out all the facts including the shares in the investment back dropping faster ten we did through the league, they just call you obsessed and start sing irene,

It's like arguing with a toddler 

Bir harsh on toddlers i'd say! I've got a 3 1/2yr old daughter and she's perfectly capable of a rational conversation and reasoning with me. Completely unlike the sags.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

One is a crumbling mess, hardly suitable for human occupation. The rotting albatross of a club that used to harbour ambitions of bigger & better things. 

The other one, I'm not sure. Aldershot maybe..?

Aldershot have been at their ground since 1927 in their two guises....they haven't left the Recreation Ground at all....so it can't be a photo of that....

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It was- Design Windows was when you had Hirerite. I have no idea why I remember shite like this.

Didn't Design Windows go bankrupt? Very approprite for a Bristol Rovers sponsor!

Edited by pongo88

30 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Yeah. You are right on that one. We had Hirerite for what seemed like an eternity!

Very rare (old school ) show of loyalty from both sides if I remember correctly .
Hirerite were one of very few (only one?) that showed interest in sponsoring us in a time of need. As things picked up, the club showed a similar good will in sticking with them when bigger firms started to show interest.
Wouldn't happen now-a-days .

• Like 2