IGNORED

Nick Carle Gone To Palace / Replacements

leader

So the Lions rumour was true then. What a f*cking joke.

This guy was looking like taking the league by storm towards the end of next season and I for one thought he was going to be key for us next term. Now he's been sold.

That's another nail in the relegation coffin. What next Elliott? :ranting::badmood:

I think relegation is a tad strong Tin, but were all amazed this lad is gone, and even worse going to Palace.

Warnock was always crowing how good Carle was in the games against them, and now he has got the fella.

I'm gutted as most others are. Suppose that old chesnut "In Johnson we trust" is being used but we will have to see on this one

Seems to me, that we've put all our eggs in one basket with the supposedly imminent signing of this Egyptian and now we've sold Nick Carle, who I thought was going to take the league by storm next season. But why?

Rumours are abound that the Egyptian deal may fall through due to better terms on offer from Holland, Spain and Sunderland and with pre-season starting next week, where the ###### are we going to be if it falls through?

Add that to Carle's sale and I just can't understand the thinking behind that. GJ wouldn't dream of selling his son behind his back that's for sure and normally most managers wait until they've signed a replacement before selling one on. I just don't know understand what we're playing at here.

Unless we're getting Watson as part of the deal then I for one am furious about this piece of business, especially after all that Warnock had to say about Carle after the first play-off leg.

I just hope we've got a plan B and that we have someone of international experience or massive potential lined up to take his place cos if not we're right up the creek without a paddle, especially seeing how much we struggled without LJ towards the end of last season.

Theres me thinking the clubs with real ambition to leave this League have 2 quality attacking midfielders.

Sod replacement, we should have Carle + 1 coming in.

What a joke.

:disapointed2se:

I share your disapointment at this point but..

1. We don't know the full story

2. We don't know the fee involved

3. We don't know the replacement lined up

Until such point I'll reserve judgement - there is always more moves like this that meets the eye.

I share your disapointment at this point but..

1. We don't know the full story

2. We don't know the fee involved

3. We don't know the replacement lined up

Until such point I'll reserve judgement - there is always more moves like this that meets the eye.

Totally agree with you Tom, GJ & SL know what there doing and we don't need or want to sell our best players......

Still shocked and nervous about the whole thing though!

Ok I have calmed down a bit now.

Lets look at this in the cold light of day. (a bit like TomF has said above)

1. CM is the one area of tha park where we do have ample cover.

2. For all his showboating, Carle is not better than LJ(cue abuse)

3. Potential is exactly what it is - Potential, although coming good towards the end of the season, LJ will create and score more goals than Carle over 46 games (I hope)

4. GJ has a masterplan, and both he and SL must think that the money we are getting for Carle is a good deal.

5. We don't know the replacement yet - we may be surprised - perhaps Watson or Moses are coming as part of the deal?

Heres hoping - an (unusually) optimistic bristol city fan

I know he looked as though he might produce but, for someone in central midfield, 20 games, 0 assists and 0 goals, anything that gives us a profit is good as far as I'm concerned. He was pretty anonymous at Wembley and should have scored. Big players shine on the big stage - he didn't.

I'm p!ssed off don't get me wrong, but will wait to see who we get in before making judgments!!!

On another thread someone had mentioned David Jones from Derby, he has massive potential.....

Can't see that myself. He turned down Wolves last week so won't want to come here. Shortsighted, naive bit of business for City.

3. Potential is exactly what it is - Potential, although coming good towards the end of the season, LJ will create and score more goals than Carle over 46 games (I hope)

4. GJ has a masterplan, and both he and SL must think that the money we are getting for Carle is a good deal.

5. We don't know the replacement yet - we may be surprised - perhaps Watson or Moses are coming as part of the deal?

I stopped reading your post after point 2

Halle-bl**dy-lujah!! It's Nick Carle we're selling people - not Basso or Marv - get a grip!!

Can't see that myself. He turned down Wolves last week so won't want to come here. Shortsighted, naive bit of business for City.

And, of course, you have all the details on this bit of business to be able to make that judgement? Thought not.

watson will not join us. with qpr reading middlesborough and a few others interested we have no chance. we'll most likely end up with another unknown player.

You mean like Carle, Elliott, Noble, McCombe, Basso - if so bring it on!!!!

I suggest people start using the mantra "In GJ we Trust" again, and everything will be fine.

(Now where did I put my pills.....)

Theres me thinking the clubs with real ambition to leave this League have 2 quality attacking midfielders.

Sod replacement, we should have Carle + 1 coming in.

What a joke.

:disapointed2se:

and you'll have to change you sig??!!

I also hope we got more that 1 million for him - when you think that we got 2 million for cotterill, we should be getting at least 5 million!!

Archived