IGNORED

Nick Carle Gone To Palace / Replacements

leader

Guest churchill gaffer
Been on rad Bristol this morning, GJ says we have a replacement. be on in a mo 7-25 rad Bris

How has he gone for?

Sorry but GJ said we didnt need to sell any of our players, so that can only mean Carle wanted to leave, in which case we're better off (ok I know it doesnt feel like that now) without him.

I only want players at this club, that want to play for the shirt, not someone who gives us a few months and then decides he'd rather be elsewhere.

Don't jump to conclusions Marie.

Carle WAS settled in the west country. Theres more to it than that young lady.

Don't jump to conclusions Marie.

Carle WAS settled in the west country. Theres more to it than that young lady.

Well then I can only think the offer must be a stupidly high one. I still cant see how Gary can say we don't need to sell our first team, and then a few weeks later one of our first team is off out the door, thats all I'm saying Arn.

How can people care when the guys been here half a season...we've CHOSEN to sell..and have a replacement lined up.

Whinge later if it doesn't work out. Not now.

What happened to positive support^^

I just think a lot of people are in shock pal! Lets be fair, he came in, started slowly, but finished the season as one of our best players, if not the best.

Apart from his lack of goals, he was starting to look like just what we needed!

As I said previously, since when have we become a selling club? surely any new midfielder sould be used to strengthen the squad? I just hope that the replacement is something thats pretty special....otherwise there could be a lot of unhappy fans

I suppose its not as easy as that though, as Dolly said, if he wanted to leave....then so be it, but why would he want to leave?

Guest churchill gaffer
Been on rad Bristol this morning, GJ says we have a replacement. be on in a mo 7-25 rad Bris

How much has he gone for?

early thoughts are that it could be some kind of straight swap for ben watson?

seems unlikely IMO as prem clubs want him.

anyone any ideas who it might be. with our dearth of centre mids I'm surprised weve been scouting players intenetionally in that position.

Its going to have to be someone bloming awesome or there will be uproar!

Deco? :laugh:

How can people care when the guys been here half a season...we've CHOSEN to sell..and have a replacement lined up.

Whinge later if it doesn't work out. Not now.

What happened to positive support^^

When we know who the replacement is if there is a replacement then we may understand but at the moment all we know is Carle looks as if he is going and it's hard to understand why.

hope it was at least 2 mill

no surprise warnoick went in as he absolutely loved him

i just heard it on the radio as well, WDP are reporting it. they say the deals done but he wont go to next week. Johnson says the deal is done for the replacment

8.25 for sports update on radio bristol apparently

Sorry but GJ said we didnt need to sell any of our players, so that can only mean Carle wanted to leave, in which case we're better off (ok I know it doesnt feel like that now) without him.

I only want players at this club, that want to play for the shirt, not someone who gives us a few months and then decides he'd rather be elsewhere.

Thats a very judgemental statement. We don't know yet that Carle has definately gone.Its not official yet. (although I don't doubt Arny's word)

It maybe that the offer that Palace made was too good to turn down. Every player has his price as we know. Maybe Carle's wife didn't like Bristol and we all know what influence woman have on thier men - especially if she has family or friends in the capital.

I'd like to know what fee City are getting for him.

Thats a very judgemental statement. We don't know yet that Carle has definately gone.Its not official yet. (although I don't doubt Arny's word)

It maybe that the offer that Palace made was too good to turn down. Every player has his price as we know. Maybe Carle's wife didn't like Bristol and we all know what influence woman have on thier men - especially if she has family or friends in the capital.

I'd like to know what fee City are getting for him.

Understandable that she may want to leave Bristol. Croydon is such a pretty village.

Apparently the WDP has this story running in it - that article suggests an issue over NC's fitness levels being partially behind it; not being as good as they could/should be.

Watson's rumoured to be off to QPR so isn't anything to do with this transfer and that it's a 'substantial cash bid'.

(All info taken from someone else, not got the paper here myself)

early thoughts are that it could be some kind of straight swap for ben watson?

seems unlikely IMO as prem clubs want him.

anyone any ideas who it might be. with our dearth of centre mids I'm surprised weve been scouting players intenetionally in that position.

Its going to have to be someone bloming awesome or there will be uproar!

Deco? :laugh:

From what I saw yesterday, we've made room for the return of Clayton'mehairmatchesmeboots'Blackmore or Martin Kuhl!!!!!

CITY TO SELL CARLE TO PALACE

08:00 - 23 June 2008

By Andy Stockhausen BRISTOL CITY are to sell midfield star Nick Carle to a rival Coca-Cola Championship club less than seven months after he signed for the Robins.

A deal has been agreed between City boss Gary Johnson and Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock and the 26-year-old Australia international will complete a shock move to Selhurst Park later this week.

Although neither club is willing to disclose details of the fee involved, I understand City will receive significantly more than the £500,000 they paid Turkish club Genclerbirligi for Carle?s services back in January.

Released by the Australian national squad at the weekend, Carle is expected to become an Eagles player when he returns to the UK in the next few days.

And Johnson already has a replacement lined up for the Sydney-born schemer, who made 20 appearances in City colours last season.

Johnson, who is back at work following a short break in Spain, refused to discuss the club's transfer dealings and the identity of Carle's replacement remains a mystery.

But there is no doubting the imminence of his departure and sources in South London suggest the Socceroos international will travel to South London for talks soon after his flight from Australia puts down at Heathrow.

Palace want to recruit Carle as a direct replacement for playmaker Ben Watson, who last week turned down the offer of a new Palace contract.

England Under-21 midfielder Watson has attracted interest from rival Championship clubs and big-spending Queens Park Rangers are heading a long list of suitors.

Eager to remain in his native London, Watson has already been spotted at Loftus Road and is expected to complete a £1.5 million move to Rangers any day now .

Eagles boss Warnock saw plenty of Carle last season. The Aussie star made his Football League debut in South London in January and then starred for City in the two-legged Championship play-off semi-final between the two sides.

City's decision to sell a player who showed signs of adapting successfully to the English game will surprise supporters. But question marks remained over the Australian's fitness and ability to last a 46-game league campaign.

Although he spent his first month in England working closely with City fitness coach Glenn Schmidt, Carle never really reached full fitness and was troubled by a number of niggling injuries. He missed the crunch game away to Stoke City in April.

While Johnson has no intention of breaking up a team which went so close to earning promotion to the Premier League, he is also a pragmatist and recently informed the Daily Press that every player has his price.

It seems Palace have made a cash offer City feel they cannot turn down, and the money will be invested in a like-for-like replacement .

City officials last night declined to divulge the identity of the new arrival, but an Ashton Gate source confirmed: "A deal has been done and a midfielder will be coming in as Nick Carle leaves."

Guest churchill gaffer
What the f@@@!!!!

I hope we have a suitable replacement?

In so many years before we have sold our best players to pay for another player!

Does this mean the money will go to a Striker, but now we have no midfield to supply the new Striker.

One year we have a good defence or mid field and need a Stricker. Then we weaken the defence or midfield to get a good strikeforce!

When will we learn, you need to build not keep changing!

Archived