IGNORED

Nick Carle Gone To Palace / Replacements

leader

I think the bottom line is ALL of us are in shock as to why and what reason Carle has left.

GJ must have a reason, he just don't let his best players go unless it was such a offer the club could not turn it down.

The reson would have been a transfer request. If he wants to go, it doesnt matter how much we want to keep him...he's gone

Just look at the case of that Portugese nobber up north

I am amazed that Carle wants to go and that we're prepared to let him. The replacement we have lined up must be real quality if GJ is willing to do this.

We've chosen to get rid for whatever reason. That's done. But yeah the guy coming in must surely improve upon Nick Carle in GJ's eyes.

Can't see that myself. He turned down Wolves last week so won't want to come here. Shortsighted, naive bit of business for City.

Normally agree with you 99.99% of the time Tin, as you are one of the more sensible posters on here.

But McIndoe anyone??

I am amazed that Carle wants to go and that we're prepared to let him. The replacement we have lined up must be real quality if GJ is willing to do this.

All will be revealed.

Johnson really does have to pull one out the hat this time. A "no name" midfielder aint what the fans are going to want.

Saying that, the guy aint let us down before, so we will all have to wait and see

You mean like Carle, Elliott, Noble, McCombe, Basso - if so bring it on!!!!

I suggest people start using the mantra "In GJ we Trust" again, and everything will be fine.

(Now where did I put my pills.....)

exactly they have been brilliant unknown signings and i hope we have another. who can we honestly say we have a chance of signing anyone who is better than carle from this league? they would have interest from others and would cost a fortune.

You don't have to apologize, your post generalised and CH was entirely out of order to suggest you were pointing the finger at a named individual. For a guy with a green admin badge attached he should play a more dispassionate role and quite frankly owes you an apology. He's not in a position of power on this forum to defend his mates.

henry calls the 3 lions liars who for me is the landlord for this carle story and i should apologize???

it's true!! what if those who think they were the ones being called liars come looking for some sort of legal action???

we did what was best for the forum and those involved at the time..

no beef with henry as it was his opinion..

ok i pretty much knew something was going on but was playing poker face on here, it is sometimes the best policy

to avoid EVERYONE getting in to hot water,

i was defending all parties not as much the lions and all who drink in there but the person who is known to bcfc

who by being named on here would get in to a lot of trouble the person was being bugged by off duty press hacks

who knew something about it and was asking this chap out right who would not confirm or deny but others overheard it.

shame carle is going though..

henry calls the 3 lions liars who for me is the landlord for this carle story and i should apologize???

no beef with henry as it was his opinion..

No you should'nt apologize, although maybe Henry should?? for his remarks about the 3 lions? afterall it seems the rumours were true?!!

Very surprising, i thought Nick Carle could be a key player for us this season after a full GJ pre season, but now we'll not find out.

That said, i personally thought he was very disappointing last season until the last few games and if we have got £2million for him then i don't think it's that different to the Coterill deal, which we all look back and say was outstanding business.

Must be more to this than meets the eye....

All will be revealed.

Johnson really does have to pull one out the hat this time. A "no name" midfielder aint what the fans are going to want.

Saying that, the guy aint let us down before, so we will all have to wait and see

Nick Carle? WHO at the time. Whether it's lanky centre halves from Lincoln or unknown aussies failing in mid table Turkish clubs.. If the fans aren't happy with a "no name" then the fans are stupid. I'll be unhappy if he turns out to be rubbish and Nicky tears up the league.

Positive support, except when something you (general) don't like happens... we learnt nothing yet?

I just find it bizarre that a player leaving who played for us for four months, and played well for about 2 perhaps at twice the price, and we definitely have a replacement has caused so much uproar. It's unexpected, but meh, it's nothing major. Yet.

I think relegation is a tad strong Tin, but were all amazed this lad is gone, and even worse going to Palace.

Warnock was always crowing how good Carle was in the games against them, and now he has got the fella.

I'm gutted as most others are. Suppose that old chesnut "In Johnson we trust" is being used but we will have to see on this one

I thought we were going struggle before this bit of news due to the rule that one of the sides involved in the play-off's the previous season always falls foul the next term. Given our form towards the end of last season, I thought we'd been found out.

To avoid this, we needed to strengthen the squad. That means selling fringe players not first team squad players that would make the first 16 when fit. I'd have been happier seeing Skuse sold on than Carle as we don't really need him. Just hope this replacement is one who is genuinely better than what we had. Unless that's Watson, I can't see that happening.

PS - Why have you changed your username?

I thought we were going struggle before this bit of news due to the rule that one of the sides involved in the play-off's the previous season always falls foul the next term.

I'm happy to do a West Brom next season.

All will be revealed.

But Arn, Carle was a "no name" midfielder to us when he joined.

Maybe Carle disappointed GJ a little last season? Maybe he was expecting a little more from him - more goals and assists than Carle actually delivered? Maybe he was expecting Carle to really rise to the occasion and stamp his authority on the playoff final, which in truth, he failed to do? Perhaps even, GJ is concerned at the amount of games Carle will miss due to international call ups during World Cup qualification? We just don't know - probably never will.

I think that we do need to trust GJ on this - be sure that he won't deliberately weaken our team for next season as that's not in the club's and therefore his best interests.

In GJ we trust - even when we don't yet understand his reasoning!

But if one of the midfield two of Carle and Elliot has to go then I'd pick Carle every time. Have people forgotten that we've still got a stro0ng midfield with Johnson alongside Marvin.

agree 100% remember that carle was only playing because lj was injured.

:city:

And, of course, you have all the details on this bit of business to be able to make that judgement? Thought not.

Ok then, so presume it is David Jones. Is he any better than Carle and at what price? :dunno:

Sorry Tin mate, but your speaking like you know all the facts of this deal, so it's a tad harsh to start lambasting City.

Not lambasting City, just fed up with it. I can't see a player out there, asides from Watson, who is going to be any better than Carle. He was coming to the boil nicely for next season and yet it seems he's been sold whilst he ain't even in the country!

You're right, I don't know the facts but reading between the lines it seems he's been sold with little knowledge of it to me.

Maybe Carle disappointed GJ a little last season? Maybe he was expecting a little more from him - more goals and assists than Carle actually delivered? Maybe he was expecting Carle to really rise to the occasion and stamp his authority on the playoff final, which in truth, he failed to do? Perhaps even, GJ is concerned at the amount of games Carle will miss due to international call ups during World Cup qualification? We just don't know - probably never will.

I think that we do need to trust GJ on this - be sure that he won't deliberately weaken our team for next season as that's not in the club's and therefore his best interests.

Hmmm... good points, well made.

As was Elliott.

Ok then, so presume it is David Jones. Is he any better than Carle and at what price? :dunno:

It could be David Bowie for all we know. I remember pretty much the same things being said when Stewart was sent to Yeovil. Sometimes you just have to accept that the guy knows what he is doing and is doing it with the clubs best interests at heart. And we have had managers were that was not the case - Johnson is not one of them!!

Or perhaps we've rejected bids for Lee and it went no further?

We'll never know will we.

Same old stuff being trodden up again, but I don't believe for a second GJ would ship out LJ in the fashion NC has been in order to make some money.

Providing NC didnt want to go, which we don't know yet.

Archived