IGNORED

Emad Meteab Set To Play Againat Zamalek Tomorrow

ahly fan

and you would surely be right! the thing is if he did play a) would Al Alhy get screwed over, ie. points deductions etc for fielding an ineligible player b) would GJ be that impressed, which may lead to him deciding to cancel the deal!!!!(god forbid) c) and got injured would we be in line for compensation as his contract is signed.

I'm a tad worried now. what time is kick off?

if emad is playing then he is allowed legally to play esp the match is in an international compititon(caf champions league)

elahly Officialls aren't amateurs guys

i don't know what is the deal but we never did a mistake like this (playing a player not registered)

if emad is playing then he is allowed legally to play esp the match is in an international compititon(caf champions league)

i don't know what is the deal but we never did a mistake like this (playing a player not registered)

thats fair enough, but something is not quite right about all of this!

emad's agent just said the contract officially start from tomorrow 21 july

so emad still elahly player

The problem is I really don't think this will sit well with GJ and BCFC. They have already stated he cannot play tonight because of the work permit stuff.

The point is not if he is allowed. The point is GJ/BCFC do not want him playing, hence why GJ said he isnt going to.

Doing so just because the rules say its ok, is not going to sit well with the manager or fans.

Gary said: "We had to apply for his work permit and for that to happen he must cancel registration with Al Ahly.

I'm not sure about this statement. A work permit application is just that - an application. It can be declined. In this case I'm sure it won't be but the transfer of the registration must happen after the work permit application for the times when it is declined. Otherwise either the player would end up registered with neither club or we would hold the registration of a player not entitled to work in this country.

I'm not sure about this statement. A work permit application is just that - an application. It can be declined. In this case I'm sure it won't be but the transfer of the registration must happen after the work permit application for the times when it is declined. Otherwise either the player would end up registered with neither club or we would hold the registration of a player not entitled to work in this country.

some sense at last.

it's an application for elegibility to work in the uk, nothing more. it's a completely different document to the one that says he'll be playing for us next season. if he gets the work permit then he could just as easily play for yeovil or the gas, god forbid!

Not always true......Arsenal have a player last name Vela who they signed 2 seasons ago, but they had to send him on loan to a Spanish side for 2 seasons to enable him to get his work permit for this year. He has now joined up with the Arsenal squad!

He was however an Arsenal player!

Jose chose 18 player of the match between the summit between Ahli and Zamalek scheduled to be held today at eight o'clock sharp and a half has brought together the list of Amir Abdul Hamid and Ahmad Abd guarded Goalkeepers In defence, Shadi Mohamed, Wael Gomaa, Ahmed El Sayed, Mohamed Samir Pak sworn in by Ahmad Friend And Mohammed Barakat, Pak north of Gilberto and Sayed Moawad In axis defender quartet Ashour, the Ainu, Puja and Egyptian Ahmed Hassan Sakr In each attack, tired and Flavio and Bilal and Osama

Trust me he will remain on the bench for the whole match. Sopcast are already broadcasting the warm up. My Arabic is not the best but I understand Omda is on the bench.

Jose chose 18 player of the match between the summit between Ahli and Zamalek scheduled to be held today at eight o'clock sharp and a half has brought together the list of Amir Abdul Hamid and Ahmad Abd guarded Goalkeepers In defence, Shadi Mohamed, Wael Gomaa, Ahmed El Sayed, Mohamed Samir Pak sworn in by Ahmad Friend And Mohammed Barakat, Pak north of Gilberto and Sayed Moawad In axis defender quartet Ashour, the Ainu, Puja and Egyptian Ahmed Hassan Sakr In each attack, tired and Flavio and Bilal and Osama

what? :surrender:

Well, GJ definitely said that. I'd assume that he knows the score. The work permit won't be declined because he exceeds all the criteria.

Not always true......Arsenal have a player last name Vela who they signed 2 seasons ago, but they had to send him on loan to a Spanish side for 2 seasons to enable him to get his work permit for this year. He has now joined up with the Arsenal squad!

He was however an Arsenal player!

That's a different situation. Vela is Mexican and isn't entitled to a work permit as he doesn't meet the criteria, they loaned him so he can gain citizenship in the EU and as a result he no longer requires a work permit.

Emad is starting officially so i think he is allowed to play

i am sure he took the permession from GJ yeterday or something like that

don't worry guys

elahly wouldn't allow him to play if he isn't allowed legally and also they told GJ and your management forsure

Well, GJ definitely said that. I'd assume that he knows the score. The work permit won't be declined because he exceeds all the criteria.

That's a different situation. Vela is Mexican and isn't entitled to a work permit as he doesn't meet the criteria, they loaned him so he can gain citizenship in the EU and as a result he no longer requires a work permit.

Yes and that's fair enough...not the point I was making though. The point was that even though he didn't get a work permit he was still an Arsenal player and that is the same situation with Motæb. He is a Bristol City player according to GJ...hence he wouldn't be able to play! Doesn't matter he hasn't got his permit yet!

Thought as much. Makes about as much sense as me after a few pints.

• Admin

As long as Emad is fully fit and he knows our team in time for Blackpool away then all is fine.

If due to ANY delays then there should be serious questions asked of this deal !

We supposedly have signed the player, we are told that his work permit will be processed as soon as he is "released" by his current club, then mysteriously he seems to be able to play !

I'm having a few doubts about this player. I know its nice to say goodbye to his fans but to play and put himself at risk doesnt show alot of commitment to City in my view. He says its his dream to play in Europe so why risk injury playing in this derby match where its going to be very physical? I cant see GJ being at all happy with this if its true and i would support him if he decides to cancel the transfer.

Archived