IGNORED

Emad Meteab Set To Play Againat Zamalek Tomorrow

ahly fan

Me too! :disapointed2se:

The quality of my link's crap (couldn't get te 500+ kbps link to buffer sufficiently) but if there's a number 9 on the pitch for Ahly, it will be him.

I don't think GJ is going to be happy about this if he is on the pitch. He doesn't suffer people who go against their word lightly. Maybe if it's not too late, GJ would even react by pulling the plug on the deal? :noexpression:

Well, GJ definitely said that. I'd assume that he knows the score.

In the same breath as saying he wouldn't play tonight so don't be so sure...

The work permit won't be declined because he exceeds all the criteria.

It doesn't matter if it will be accepted or not. The point is the player's current club wouldn't have to cancel his registration for us to apply for a work permit.

In the same breath as saying he wouldn't play tonight so don't be so sure...

It doesn't matter if it will be accepted or not. The point is the player's current club wouldn't have to cancel his registration for us to apply for a work permit.

So in other words you know how work permits and registrations work better than GJ?

Fair enough.

More likely to my mind is that the club just changed their mind and agreed.

I'm very nervous sitting here watching this, hes gone down from tackles a couple times and every time i pray he gets back up!!

Shouldn't worry about it - if we've been outflanked and duped by a loophole then he won't be playing up front for us anytme soon. At least I hope he doesn't.

I'm sure this will all be explained and hopefully it will all just be an over exagerration to something that hasn't come out yet in the media, this game is pretty boring by the way.

Agreed on both points, assuming he comes through this game unscathed i would imagine he will still become a City player. Would he really jeopardise his move by playing in this game?! I'm sure the 2 clubs came to some sort of late agreement and at least hes keeping his fitness up.

It is also a very boring game at the moment, quite physical and disjointed football being played.

I find it surprising then, that having given permission for him to play, nothing has been said on the OS - you'd think they'd stick up a story telling us that this is an opportunity to see the new boy in action.

From what is currently in the public domain, he wasn't going to be playing - if nothing has been agreed behind the scenes then I for one hope he never pulls on a City shirt.

if nothing has been agreed behind the scenes then I for one hope he never pulls on a City shirt.

Bit OTT isn't it?

It's a bit naughty playing a game without permission (if that's the case) but surely it speaks well for his loyalty and enthusiasm.

If he doesn't have permission I'd expect a quiet bollocking and hardly any comment.

I find it surprising then, that having given permission for him to play, nothing has been said on the OS - you'd think they'd stick up a story telling us that this is an opportunity to see the new boy in action.

From what is currently in the public domain, he wasn't going to be playing - if nothing has been agreed behind the scenes then I for one hope he never pulls on a City shirt.

I agree, if this isnt planned then he's shown massive disrespect to city and I wont welcome him here

Bit OTT isn't it?

It's a bit naughty playing a game without permission (if that's the case) but surely it speaks well for his loyalty and enthusiasm.

If he doesn't have permission I'd expect a quiet bollocking and hardly any comment.

OTT? No, I don't think so. GJ expressly said that he woulnd't be playing. That's £1.5M worth of investment being risked out there. Hand grenade time and going to Yeovil or Cheltenham isn't an option. Nope, tell him the deal's off and to enjoy his time in Egypt.

Either we have been lied to by City, or Meteb and Al Ahly have been playing with us like a puppet on a string.

I believe City need to clarify there position sooner rather than later.

If we have been lied to by the player and Al Ahly, then I think we look for another striker now.

Archived