IGNORED

Emad Meteab Set To Play Againat Zamalek Tomorrow

ahly fan

No one was wrong.

"We can confirm that Meteb is ineligible....." That's not wrong then? Why mention it? Why say anything at all about the game? What was the problem with saying nothing about the game - especially if they weren't sure?

Whatever happens now where GJ is concerned and whether or not we ever see Meteb, your view is OTT as others have said. If they had released that news with no prompting and without the details secured I might agree with you, but after all the speculation and anticipation they gave us the news we wanted, it wasn't finalised (that much should be bloody obvious now) and we now all wonder if it was planned or if Emad has betrayed the club. Whereas potentially we could have waited and all received an accurate story tomorrow, in the first place.

They did release the news without prompting. The club make a big thing about not releasing transfer news until it's done and dusted - they say it with nauseating regularity - they're proud of it. To wait another week or so wouldn't have hurt.

They were wrong on Wednesday - very wrong, he was neither our player or debarred from playing further games for Al-Alhy - and I don't think the club should get matters of this sort wrong - it's their core business.

Which is their core business? Football transfers or media announcements?? Because your gripe all evening is with the latter and you're claiming it is their core business, which is isn't. Stop getting the club's operations confused with what they tell fans. You're not that important, sorry to say.

Just for the final time: Manager in Portugal. Webmaster in Portugal. One video update a day. It's not bloody Reuters. They're both in a hotel in the Algarve. After weeks of negotiations can you not forgive the chasm between a week of frantic fan interest and absence of media clarity.

Which is their core business? Football transfers or media announcements?? Because your gripe all evening is with the latter and you're claiming it is their core business, which is isn't. Stop getting the club's operations confused with what they tell fans. You're not that important, sorry to say.

Just for the final time: Manager in Portugal. Webmaster in Portugal. One video update a day. It's not bloody Reuters. They're both in a hotel in the Algarve. After weeks of negotiations can you not forgive the chasm between a week of frantic fan interest and absence of media clarity.

If it was a trivial matter then yes. Saying a player is ineligible when he's not is not trivial in my view. If they'd said, "He'll be available for selection for the first frendly game when we get back to Blighty" - and he wasn't - then fair enough - these things take time.

Now if the explanation is that they were premature with their ejaculation of his joining then maybe fair enough. But I expect the club to be accurate and know exactly the status of players contracts - this doesn't suggest they are - and we have previous of not getting it right.

"We can confirm that Meteb is ineligible....." That's not wrong then? Why mention it? Why say anything at all about the game? What was the problem with saying nothing about the game - especially if they weren't sure?

They did release the news without prompting. The club make a big thing about not releasing transfer news until it's done and dusted - they say it with nauseating regularity - they're proud of it. To wait another week or so wouldn't have hurt.

Wouldn't have hurt? I assume you did not read this forum last Mon/Tue/Wed. The club were getting far more widespread criticism than they are now, for the complete lack of news, and about six different rumours and speculation existed about Emad's whereabouts. Add to that the pattern of the previous two days made it pretty clear the news would be out in Egypt very quickly and then our club would look particuarly inept.

As for the Meteb is ineligible line. For all you know it was recorded to be used if appropriate. I don't know how many different ways to make this clear to you, but they recorded it all before decamping to Portugal. It was pre-recorded and un-confirmed. It was not, for the last time, opportune circumstances. Those interviews were recorded on Monday. They weren't PLANNED for then, or they'd have been published then? Got it...!? :)

Like said before; Attack the post not the poster :surrender:

Wouldn't have hurt? I assume you did not read this forum last Mon/Tue/Wed. The club were getting far more widespread criticism than they are now, for the complete lack of news, and about six different rumours and speculation existed about Emad's whereabouts. Add to that the pattern of the previous two days made it pretty clear the news would be out in Egypt very quickly and then our club would look particuarly inept.

My F5 key is now black - F5 has been wiped off the key I pressed it so many times on Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday.

As for the Meteb is ineligible line. For all you know it was recorded to be used if appropriate. I don't know how many different ways to make this clear to you, but they recorded it all before decamping to Portugal. It was pre-recorded and un-confirmed. It was not, for the last time, opportune circumstances. Those interviews were recorded on Monday. They weren't PLANNED for then, or they'd have been published then? Got it...!? :)

You're not making it sound any better.

You're obfuscating what I said. And I don't buy this "we're in Portugal so can't do things properly" line. Is Portugal some kind of third world country with no access to phones or the internet? I can't see that being in Portugal is any different than being in Bradley Stoke (apart from the weather).

Like said before; Attack the post not the poster :surrender:

I'm not attacking the poster at all! I understand his concerns but am trying to make him see the situation. The only personal remark was about him not being important enough to justify the disgust he holds for the handling of this news release because the club don't consider keeping him accurately informed that important... it's true of all of us, that's part of the problem and one that just hasn't sunk in with some people.

In view of the continued responses I don't think I can change his perspective so we'll have to agree to disagree. I've got no problem with his view and on another day it might be my view (I remember that Tuesday night game when it was announced Beadle was signing and I tried to find any reason why it shouldn't be allowed) but it's simply going too far to be going on and on and on about one mistake on a bloody website story.

No doubt depending on what we hear tomorrow he'll say 'I told you do' or he'll say someone is at fault and it's a cover up. The sense of mistrust at this transfer is not going to be repaired whatever happens now so that's really up to cheese if he can reconcile the version of events that is put forward, whatever happens I hold my position that a Sunday night scandalising a press release put out while the club was on tour is going OTT.

No doubt depending on what we hear tomorrow he'll say 'I told you do' or he'll say someone is at fault and it's a cover up.

Oh yes, I can't lose really!! ;-) And did you see the 2nd shooter on the grassy knoll?

You're obfuscating what I said. And I don't buy this "we're in Portugal so can't do things properly" line. Is Portugal some kind of third world country with no access to phones or the internet? I can't see that being in Portugal is any different than being in Bradley Stoke (apart from the weather).

No, of course it's not, but you knew what response you'd get from me. However, you only have to look at the output - the Rushden match report was the opposition's match report and we didn't really have any new written stories, just a few video reports. Whatever way you cut it, it wasn't normal optimal output for the website regardless of where they were. That should tell you they weren't ready to publish revised stories.

The manager might have had the means to finalise the deal by phone and even god forbid rubber stamp Emad playing for Al Ahly but you can't simply assume we were all going to know about that on the website. Of course communication in Portugal is fine but the pattern of update to the website was clearly not condusive to keeping us all up to the minute with the finer points of the Emad transfer as you feel was neccessary.

As I said to bristolcitysweden, we're going to have to agree to disagree. I see your point but I don't think it's right to make it until you know the facts. I'm not presenting any facts, I'm simply presenting the circumstances and giving the benefit of the doubt. That's the only difference. If you want to jump all over the deal now that's absolutely fine but you'll have to decide what to do if he signs and you've made up your mind already.

No, of course it's not, but you knew what response you'd get from me. However, you only have to look at the output - the Rushden match report was the opposition's match report and we didn't really have any new written stories, just a few video reports. Whatever way you cut it, it wasn't normal optimal output for the website regardless of where they were. That should tell you they weren't ready to publish revised stories.

The manager might have had the means to finalise the deal by phone and even god forbid rubber stamp Emad playing for Al Ahly but you can't simply assume we were all going to know about that on the website. Of course communication in Portugal is fine but the pattern of update to the website was clearly not condusive to keeping us all up to the minute with the finer points of the Emad transfer as you feel was neccessary.

As I said to bristolcitysweden, we're going to have to agree to disagree. I see your point but I don't think it's right to make it until you know the facts. I'm not presenting any facts, I'm simply presenting the circumstances and giving the benefit of the doubt. That's the only difference. If you want to jump all over the deal now that's absolutely fine but you'll have to decide what to do if he signs and you've made up your mind already.

Look, if he plays up front for City then I want him to score 30 goals a season, for us to get the Gas in a Cup and for him to score a hat-trick or at least lay a few on. I shall chant his name and stare in awe if our paths cross in Aldi's car park. All that matters is winning - and I've been getting used to it these last few years - anything else is froth. But there's bugger all else to do on a Sunday night in Leicester!! (now if they'd toured Leicester I could understand your point about not being able to update the website properly!!)

One more point, now I seem to have exhausted your patience - how come they didn't feel so pressured to release the news about Carle early? His thread was much bigger!!! ;-)

Meteb played..he came through unscathed...I'm sure by tthe end of the week he will be with us

trundle played for us while still a swansea player last year...all be it for 24 hours...which should be th same for meteb....did anyone complain? no....

chill peeps...

Cos if he got injured we could've sent him back!!!

Cos if he got injured we could've sent him back!!!

do u seriously beleive we let the biggest investment in our clubs history play that game with no insurance???

Steve Landsdown isnt one of the most succesful buisnessmen in this country for no reason!!!!!!!

have some faith in the man....the contract would have been water tight

do u seriously beleive we let the biggest investment in our clubs history play that game with no insurance???

Steve Landsdown isnt one of the most succesful buisnessmen in this country for no reason!!!!!!!

have some faith in the man....the contract would have been water tight

i agree, steve lansdown isn't one of the most successful businessmen in this country!

What the discussion are all about?

Meteb played the final game with his ex-club ( Al-Ahli)....Made a good farewell to us.Then he will leave to bristol within few days.

We are very sad for his departure, but at the same time we are happy to make a profissional move for him.

Goodspeed Omda.... :) :)

What the discussion are all about?

Meteb played the final game with his ex-club ( Al-Ahli)....Made a good farewell to us.Then he will leave to bristol within few days.

We are very sad for his departure, but at the same time we are happy to make a profissional move for him.

Goodspeed Omda.... :) :)

our club confirmed that emad could not play against Zamalek, then we learned that he is playing in his last game, so some people thought that either a mistake had been made, or emad deliberately ignored our club and played anyway. Someone then found an internet link from emads agent saying that Bristol City had allowed him to play in the last game afterall, so we all wasted about 3 hours worrying what was going on for nothing. We were all worried that emad might get injured but thankfully he is fine!

our club confirmed that emad could not play against Zamalek, then we learned that he is playing in his last game, so some people thought that either a mistake had been made, or emad deliberately ignored our club and played anyway. Someone then found an internet link from emads agent saying that Bristol City had allowed him to play in the last game afterall, so we all wasted about 3 hours worrying what was going on for nothing. We were all worried that emad might get injured but thankfully he is fine!

You are all a bunch of over protective mother hens! Never before have I witnessed such a episode of total lack of realism and overreaction. Hopefully some of you are now suitably embarrased and will hang your heads in shame today. :disapointed2se:

You are all a bunch of over protective mother hens! Never before have I witnessed such a episode of total lack of realism and overreaction. Hopefully some of you are now suitably embarrased and will hang your heads in shame today. :disapointed2se:

Why can't we have discussion on a discussion forum without being criticized?

At the time we entered a narrow little box and discussed the subject online.

No one forced us. What's the problem?

Well, at the very beginning of this thread I was a touch miffed that Emab (or his club) might be pulling a fast one on GJ by allowing him to play.

But now in the cold light of day I think it is a nice touch that e's been given the chance to say goodbye in a local derby, and is most likely the result of the work permit not yet being granted and City alowing him to play, not some mad consipiracy at our end or theirs.

Let's be positive; by giving him a big send off we'll have curried favour with his legions of fans and, who knows, they might all now keep any eye on City's results as well a their own!

Had we told hs club he couldn't play, even though he was able to, he'd have likely been upset and his fan base none to pleased either.

We'll have build ourselves an Arabi fan base with one simple gesture and Emab will be one game fitter for the begining of the season! Good times!

Archived