IGNORED

Emad Meteab Set To Play Againat Zamalek Tomorrow

ahly fan

Not sure but can be that he was substituted at half time. Nr 25 where starting the second half and I diden't see nr. 9

Sorry still on.

definatley still out there he just missed a chance

and he looks ok, cant really tell whats going on with this, but he seems to be staying away from the meaty stuff, which is either a good thing or a bad thing

looks full of movement though

Ah I see. So, this club operates a high degree of secrecy when it comes to transfers Why was he revealed as our new signing last week instead of tomorrow if he wasn't ours? If he's not ours, and he scores a hat-trick tonight does that mean someone else can steal a march - could Middlesborough yet renew their interest? On the evidence available I'd say duped is far more likely than anything else.

Ah well, there's no arguing with conspiracy theorists so I'll leave it there.

I think you're being naive - sorry. There's something not right about this and absolutely nothing I've seen or read suggests that this should have happened. It wouldn't surpirse me if the club turn round tomorrow and say they gave permission - but I won't believe it.

I don't think I am. It may be that Johnson hasnt gave permission. But I don't doubt the reasons I gave are Emad's motives for playing.

I expect it was just a slight mix up. Johnson didnt say anything about him not playing cus of injury etc so I don't there will be a massive problem.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I thought that we had SIGNED Emad, so "IF" he is a Bristol City player he could not be playing tonight - seems more likely he has not signed yet ?

I thought that it was reported that ONLY the work permit was required and that this would be sought as soon as he current registration was cancelled !

I think it's all about handling in the working permit request as soon as possible to start the administrative process. Why else where he not presented this Monday on a press conference instead of through a video in the evening the same day as the team where off to Portugal?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I thought that we had SIGNED Emad, so "IF" he is a Bristol City player he could not be playing tonight - seems more likely he has not signed yet ?

I thought that it was reported that ONLY the work permit was required and that this would be sought as soon as he current registration was cancelled !

we have signed emad, but like the egyptian fellow said the contract doesnt start untill tommorow, therefore he becomes a bristol city player tommorow!!!

• Admin
we have signed emad, but like the egyptian fellow said the contract doesnt start untill tommorow, therefore he becomes a bristol city player tommorow!!!

So basically the story was never announced correctly from City ? But a random fan in Egypt manages to find this detail out ?

As "we" were reporting that he was not going to play in this game ?

If it is true that his contract starts from tomorrow, how can we apply for a Work permit.

To apply for a work permit copies of the employment contracts signed by both parties must be submited, I can't believe that the UK Border Agency would except post dated documents.

This means a week has been wasted, and Gary has already stated in his interview it could take a month.

When did he say it would take a month? In the interview last week he said he didn't know but hoped it would be quick.

I would have thought a contract of employment that was post dated was normal since he can't be employed without the permit?

As much as I understand the concern here, sorry to call a few people out but this sounds like an opportunity for a few people to release pent up misgivings on signing this player. In a way after the love-in of the past week I don't blame you, but I wish some people would be honest.

Gary Johnson may well pull the plug on this if it's happened the way some of you are describing it, but I honestly believe some people have been suspicious of this transfer from the start and would far rather a safe reliable domestic English transfer and now have a chance to prove it.

I don't think GJ has disguised the fact that Al-Ahly and Egyptian football has been a complicated and unpredictable bunch to deal with, but with all their hundreds of thousands of fans it strikes me as a bit of ever naive 'Rule Britannia' to have expected everything to simply be on our terms.

The level of football and exposure and revenue with us is higher but as individual clubs it should have become apparent in the past week that Al Ahly are no little feeder club to us and it always seemed unlikely to me that they would simply bow subserviently to all our instructions.

If it is true that his contract starts from tomorrow, how can we apply for a Work permit.

To apply for a work permit copies of the employment contracts signed by both parties must be submited, I can't believe that the UK Border Agency would except post dated documents.

This means a week has been wasted, and Gary has already stated in his interview it could take a month.

I think it's perefectly alright to have a contract signed and posted on Wednesday asking for a working permit starting on Monday.

As much as I understand the concern here, sorry to call a few people out but this sounds like an opportunity for a few people to release pent up misgivings on signing this player. In a way after the love-in of the past week I don't blame you, but I wish some people would be honest.

Gary Johnson may well pull the plug on this if it's happened the way some of you are describing it, but I honestly believe some people have been suspicious of this transfer from the start and would far rather a safe reliable domestic English transfer and now have a chance to prove it.

I don't think GJ has disguised the fact that Al-Ahly and Egyptian football has been a complicated and unpredictable bunch to deal with, but with all their hundreds of thousands of fans it strikes me as a bit of ever naive 'Rule Britannia' to have expected everything to simply be on our terms.

The level of football and exposure and revenue with us is higher but as individual clubs it should have become apparent in the past week that Al Ahly are no little feeder club to us and it always seemed unlikely to me that they would simply bow subserviently to all our instructions.

but less you forget, we are bristol city fc, 4th in the 4th biggest league in europe. they should bow to our unrivalled ambiguity!

OTT? No, I don't think so. GJ expressly said that he woulnd't be playing. That's £1.5M worth of investment being risked out there. Hand grenade time and going to Yeovil or Cheltenham isn't an option. Nope, tell him the deal's off and to enjoy his time in Egypt.

Where did GJ say this ? Is it on the website ? I assume with all the extensive negotiating that one of the things was to allow him to play in this very important match for Al Ahly.

BTW they are 2-1 up so far, emad hasn't scored though.

So basically the story was never announced correctly from City ? But a random fan in Egypt manages to find this detail out ?

As "we" were reporting that he was not going to play in this game ?

well they cant compete with GJ on the secrecy front can they? how did we find out about this transfer? from a leak. so maybe just maybe more leaks are happening in egypt? therefore i'd say the people in egypt might well have a better idea than you and me as the only information we get as bristol city fans comes from the website, and the people at the club therefore can be very selective should they wish to be about what we can and cannot find out from our official sources. has the club stated that the contract starts at any point in the future? no, so the only information available is coming from egypt who couldnt keep secrets if their lives depended on it from what i can see, this leads me to believe that they know more than you about this entire thing and we will never know what GJ knows as he doesnt divulge in such information

I think it's perefectly alright to have a contract signed and posted on Wednesday asking for a working permit starting on Monday.

Quite. Some contractors do finish one contract on a Friday in one country and expect to start on Monday in another, provided the new employers have sorted out the permit. I know it can sound cumbersome at times but does anyone seriously believe they expect people to stop working and wait around for the duration of the application process.

It will be possible to arrange the permit to coincide with the arrival, a lot of clubs don't but if you could only work here after sitting on your arse for a couple of weeks not working elsewhere I'm sure we wouldn't have quite such an entwined relationship between stock-broking jobs in Canary Wharf and Wall Street and GP's in the UK and pretty much anywhere else.

Where did GJ say this ? Is it on the website ? I assume with all the extensive negotiating that one of the things was to allow him to play in this very important match for Al Ahly.

BTW they are 2-1 up so far, emad hasn't scored though.

yes its on os

link

Archived