IGNORED

Emad Meteab Set To Play Againat Zamalek Tomorrow

ahly fan

I find the reaction of some on this thread a bit OTT. Emad could as easily get crocked within the first 5 minutes of training as in this game.

Accidents happen (think Van Nistelroy) and you never know when your cruciate or achilles might give up. One bad twist, studs in the turf etc.

as for this 'he shouldn't play for us now' tripe. A Player from a very different cultural background, who's been with the club since he was 12? give the guy a chance (I was going to say 'break', then I thought....!!!) Let him say goodbye to his 'family' if you like, and if it helps him to move on and be a hit with BCFC then great.

I'm sure BCFC are across his involvement tonight, unless paperwork isn't actually signed and sealed yet, in which case we can do nowt about it anyhow!

Chill, and give the guy a rousing welcome when he runs out at Ashton gate.

well they cant compete with GJ on the secrecy front can they? how did we find out about this transfer? from a leak. so maybe just maybe more leaks are happening in egypt?

Well done mate, nail.. on... head.

Has anyone who is complaining not actually considered that the club might not have planned to do the announcement and confirm things last week? The news was released at a time when both the manager and the media officer were abroad and (in my view) not well positioned to release this story, despite having the interviews and comments to hand.

Everyone was going nuts last Mon/Tue/Wed for news, the club finally surrendered in the face of being out-flanked by the Egyptian media and now people are beating the club up for telling us when it wasn't signed sealed and delivered. It might be fair to say that the club can't win. Last week's news was at our demand to better frame all the leaks.

Tonight's actions are not at our demand. We don't get it all our way. That's all we've learned tonight (besides that the Arabic John Motson is more excitable), Emad is still a worthy signing and let's leave the decision making to the people employed to do so. Emad has no less insulted our club than given us a perfect example of the loyalty and enthusiasm we can call upon.

"Finally, subject to a work permit, Meteb is a Bristol City player." Says GJ. "But, despite reports elsewhere, bcfc.co.uk can reveal that Meteb will not be eligible to play for the club he has been with since the age of 12"

Can someone tell me who is lying to whom? Or perhaps this is another adminstrative balls-up a la Rosenior?? It doesn't say we haven't given permission - it says he's ineligible.

Has anyone who is complaining not actually considered that the club might not have planned to do the announcement and confirm things last week? The news was released at a time when both the manager and the media officer were abroad and (in my view) not well positioned to release this story, despite having the interviews and comments to hand.

Everyone was going nuts last Mon/Tue/Wed for news, the club finally surrendered in the face of being out-flanked by the Egyptian media and now people are beating the club up for telling us when it wasn't signed sealed and delivered. It might be fair to say that the club can't win. Last week's news was at our demand to better frame all the leaks.

Tonight's actions are not at our demand. We don't get it all our way. That's all we've learned tonight (besides that the Arabic John Motson is more excitable), Emad is still a worthy signing and let's leave the decision making to the people employed to do so. Emad has no less insulted our club than given us a perfect example of the loyalty and enthusiasm we can call upon.

So someone cocked up then and were wrong to say that he was our player and that he was ineligible to play tonight. Someone's head should roll then.

GJ confirmed to us last Wednesday in Portugal, during his 'talk in' with us, just before the first game. .... That the deal was done, this would have been around 4-5 pm, i don't know what time it appeared on the OS site, but i began getting texts from the uk, not long after Gary told us, saying that we had signed him.

:tumbleweed:

So someone cocked up then and were wrong to say that he was our player and that he was ineligible to play tonight. Someone's head should roll then.

It can well be that the club was told that his Egypitian registration should be abolished on Friday at the latest but it was not to be.

Also, we are talking about a homepage not a legal text that should be 100 percent correct.

your lying to yourself!

this is now irrelevent, we have seen our new king play football, he did not get injured, he said goodbye, he is on his way

the fact he played tonight becomes relevent if GJ decides this was not a good thing, i cant see him changing his mind after chasing him for ages.

let's all remember that we will be told when the club feel it is suitable to them to tell us, this applys to anything. so whatever we say right now on here means jack shit to anybody. the best thing is to wait(months most likely) until the club release a statement about tonights events. thats if the club know!!! joke before anybody gets lairy!

if there is no news tommorow, then i suspect there will be no news. we are signing one of the best fowards in africa! lets rejoice that fact, and pray this episode doesnt hamper the club in anyway

It can well be that the club was told that his Egypitian registration should be abolished on Friday at the latest but it was not to be.

Also, we are talking about a homepage not a legal text that should be 100 percent correct.

But GJ formly believed that he was our player and would not be eligible to play tonight. He was either telling porkies or he was mis-informed or someone in Egypt has pulled a fast one.

Which is it?

Someone's head should roll then.

i'm sorry but what an fantastically pathetic thing to say! really get a grip old boy

which is it?

fairly daft question too, how in the world are bristol city fans meant to know anything on this matter? we are NOT important in that decisions are ran past us, we are NOT in any way shape or form given information. therefore how can we be expected to know something that someone as high at the club as the manager clearly does not.

lets be realistic here mate!

Ah I see, so now we should be sacking someone at the club instead of slaughtering the player.

Not over reacting much eh?

what is done is done, Emad is on the pitch even though we were told he wouldnt play.I cant see that he has done anything wrong contractually if the agreement is for a transfer tomorrow. The posts that i have read recently point to Emad being a good pro ,but i have to take the words of others as i know very little about him.

I hope that he comes through this game uninjured and that the city fans don't feel bitter about him playing.At least he will have played a competitive match although i suspect he will have some way to go to be at Garys fitness levels.

But GJ formly believed that he was our player and would not be eligible to play tonight. He was either telling porkies or he was mis-informed or someone in Egypt has pulled a fast one.

Which is it?

Or things changed later in the week when GJ and Adam were both on the tour.

Which is it?

GJ made a reservation for a working permit being permitted which is dependent of his Egyptian registration being abolished;

"Finally, subject to a work permit, Meteb is a Bristol City player"

I think Cheese has some very valid questions... I think you should allow your club to answer them (which I'm sure they will do at some point tomorrow).

It's not the questions anyone's objecting to, we're all interested to know.

It's the leap to "the club's been duped, he should never pull on a city shirt, someone should be fired" that is ridiculous.

No one's head needs to roll. The official website is not a legal contract with the fans and you need to be in possession of the facts before you are sure someone has lied. The club were in Portugal and media output was inconvenient. End of. Emad may have been grossly unprofessional but let's allow the club to decide that. We are not in possession of the facts and to jump all over this waving red flags is barely concealing an overall view of this transfer which wouldn't have changed if he'd arrived on a giant Robin with the Wurzels and moved in on North Street.

GJ confirmed to us last Wednesday in Portugal, during his 'talk in' with us, just before the first game. .... That the deal was done, this would have been around 4-5 pm, i don't know what time it appeared on the OS site, but i began getting texts from the uk, not long after Gary told us, saying that we had signed him.

Precisely. I don't think you meant it that way, but I think peversely, we both agree. The club had done some interviews but the announcement could have come at any time. It actually came an hour or two before the Olhanense game but in the context that tells me it wasn't ideal timing and may have been forced upon them (which is one way to describe the clamour on here). If Gary was telling you and those out in the Algarve what had happened with the greatest respect that tells me it wasn't his planned position for the announcement but as good a one as any.

my small grasp of egyptian has allowed

interviewer "i'm sure you're happy with the teams performance tonight, the fans will be sad to see you go"

metb "yes, it was good"

brilliant, on a par with mcindoe i think you'll agree!

did you translate when mateb came to bristol? this may explin why when gj said no to playing he was told yes. :tumbleweed:

It's not the questions anyone's objecting to, we're all interested to know.

It's the leap to "the club's been duped, he should never pull on a city shirt, someone should be fired" that is ridiculous.

1. If Meteb has gone against the clubs wishes and played when he shouldn't have then I hope he never pulls on a City shirt;

2. If the registration isn't through yet then why did the club say that he was our player and that he wasn't eligible for tonight?

3. Why did GJ say 2. above? Was he misinformed - if so by whom? If he was so mis-informed then surely that person should go - he's made the manager look like he doesn't know what's going on.

4. If the transfer doesn't apply until tomorrow, why is it the club didn't seem to know that? I can understand the transfer applying from tomorrow so that he could play tonight - but no-one at the club seemed to think it was the case - why not?

I'm sorry, I just can't see any explanation that would square with any of the questions above. Does GJ strike you as the kind of manager that would let a player play in what could be a full bloodied derby for sentimental reasons? You'll be suggesting next that LJ only plays cos of who his dad is!!

Archived