IGNORED

Styvar Has Signed Today

bristolcitysweden

Well, if true can see Akinde getting a loan move away till the season's end now leaving us 5 strikers to see out the season with.

In the summer (correct me if wrong) Trundle, Dele and John's contracts expire, so I guess a couple or all three might leave.

We'd then have (if the rumor is true) Stryvar, Maynard, Akinde & (maybe) Plummer.

All conjecture util he signs though!

650,000 pounds is a good deal i think

650,000 pounds is still a lot of money for a championship club - particularly in this financial climate. I would prefer to see the club adopting a policy of signing younger players that can provide a decent re-sale value at the end of their contracts

Edit:-

Article today suggests GJ won't be signing any more strikers :tumbleweed:

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,1...4725578,00.html

NO MORE STRIKERS FOR JOHNSON

Posted 31/12/08 16:38

Bristol City boss Gary Johnson is happy with his striking options going into the new year and will not be using the January transfer window to strengthen that area of his squad.

Johnson has a full compliment of forwards to choose from now that Dele Adebola has recovered from a dead leg. The 33-year-old marked his return from a four-match absence with a goal in City's 4-2 win at Watford on Boxing Day after coming on as a substitute.

Nicky Maynard, who scored his fourth goal in three games as the Robins beat Crystal Palace 1-0 on Sunday, and Stern John, who has extended his loan spell from Southampton until the end of the season, have kept £1million summer signing Lee Trundle out of the side while John Akinde continues to wait patiently in the wings.

Johnson said: "You need competition in all departments in the Championship. We now have that competition among our strikers and I am happy with what we have got.

"People are always telling me I need to sign another striker, maybe that will stop now that they are scoring goals."

Well, if true can see Akinde getting a loan move away till the season's end now leaving us 5 strikers to see out the season with.

In the summer (correct me if wrong) Trundle, Dele and John's contracts expire, so I guess a couple or all three might leave.

We'd then have (if the rumor is true) Stryvar, Maynard, Akinde & (maybe) Plummer.

All conjecture util he signs though!

Trundle still got a year after this season - Brooker and Dele out of contract this season

I still don't know why young Akinde hasnt gone out on loan yet, he is obviously one for the future but its surely not going to be doing him any good playing in reserve games, imo he would be best off going to a legue 1 team untill the end of the season.

Guest pepsi&shirley
I still don't know why young Akinde hasnt gone out on loan yet, he is obviously one for the future but its surely not going to be doing him any good playing in reserve games, imo he would be best off going to a legue 1 team untill the end of the season.

Can we have him in replacement for Lambert?? Would you expect him to go to a league 1 team?????

Can we have him in replacement for Lambert?? Would you expect him to go to a league 1 team?????

On loan i would expect him to yes, i never said on a permanent deal.

Akinde will be a good players for us but at the moment he is not ready for champiosnhip football so rather than playing poor reserve team football against the likes of Exeter a loan move to a league 1 club untill the end of the season would be good for him and us imo.

i got my g/f to translate it as there language is similar to slovak

If you go to googles starting page you got "language tools" immediately to the right of where you write what you are looking for.

Copy what is said on their forum and translate it from Slovakian to English. I read the first ten posts and they are sorry to see him go for what they think is a fair price.

If so is it possible he can play against Pompey? Know this was discussed about Marvs possibly playing against us if signed.

You don't need to register a squad for the FA Cup, so he will be able to play if fit. Marv won't sign in time for that game I shouldn't think, I'm sure he knows going to Pompey to reside on the bench isn't in his best interests.

Trundle won't be going anywhere unless someone wants to pick up the severance on an 18 month 10k a week contract. Outside chance of a loan but unlikely.

If we're signing Styvar I find that pretty mystifying, it's plain and obvious that midfielders and full backs are what we need not strikers.

Sky News: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_4730036,00.html

at the end of the article:

"The Slovakian, who is understood to be training with his new team-mates ahead of Saturday's FA Cup clash at Portsmouth, has scored five goals in domestic football so far this season. He also spent a spell at Ashton Gate on trial last month."

Archived