IGNORED

Styvar Has Signed Today

bristolcitysweden

Guest MaloneFM
Can we have him in replacement for Lambert?? Would you expect him to go to a league 1 team?????

Our B team is Cheltenham Dipsy. Was the last time a decent player was in Horfield was when Brooker went inside for having a row with a bouncer and a bin?

this does like it might have actually happened, but I am not sure why we need another striker in, with John and Maynard just starting to hit some form? Cant wait to see him play though! I am starting to get excited about us giving portsmouth a real fright at the weekend!

You have to be registered before the draw, so no he can't play.

Is that a recent rule, then?

I recall Roy Essandoh playing and scoring for Wycombe against Leicester in the cup a few years back, and he'd only joined that week.

this does like it might have actually happened, but I am not sure why we need another striker in, with John and Maynard just starting to hit some form? Cant wait to see him play though! I am starting to get excited about us giving portsmouth a real fright at the weekend!

Hes not a striker per say, can play across the midfield, but usually on a flank in an advanced position from what i understand, although his goals scoring record suggest he's a striker which is good, but really he would be competition for Sproule, McIndoe and Noble.

Thats stupid if he cant play vs Pompy assuming hes a City player, what kind of silly anti football rule is that?

(i) (i) A "registered player" is one who is either, in the case of a player under written contract, registered with The Association or, in the case of a player without a written contract, registered with a League in which his Club competes in the current season. Any such registration must have been received and accepted by The Association or League by 12 noon on the Friday previous to the date fixed for playing the Round, and the registration must be continuous through to the date of the match. In order to be eligible for the Final, the players must have been correctly registered and eligible for the Semi-Final Round of the Competition.

OK, So put simply, if he is registered as a BCFC player by noon tomorrow then he can play?

Sweet.

So is he a striker and is striker his preferred position.

I don't like to hear this business about playing across the field. We heard that about Carle who is left footed and spent most of his time on the right wing. Then of course we had a forum full of posts saying he was not playing in his preferred possition.

The guy obviously does not want to up roots, change country, then end up doing a Trundle on the bench or playing out of position. I have never met a player who did not have a best position, one they liked. Sure, to get on the paddock we will hear, " I will play where the Gaffer wants me".

If he's good and a striker I want him doing the business, at 28 he must have a portfolio giving his own thoughts on the matter ??? Thats before we get the revised edition from the other site.

So is he a striker and is striker his preferred position.

I don't like to hear this business about playing across the field. We heard that about Carle who is left footed and spent most of his time on the right wing. Then of course we had a forum full of posts saying he was not playing in his preferred possition.

The guy obviously does not want to up roots, change country, then end up doing a Trundle on the bench or playing out of position. I have never met a player who did not have a best position, one they liked. Sure, to get on the paddock we will hear, " I will play where the Gaffer wants me".

If he's good and a striker I want him doing the business, at 28 he must have a portfolio giving his own thoughts on the matter ??? Thats before we get the revised edition from the other site.

Absolutely bang on the button, if he's not familiar with our league, our style of play, our culture then at least bring him over here and give him something he is familiar with, his correct position on a football pitch.

That is exactly a Nick Carle situation, unfortunately.

Absolutely bang on the button, if he's not familiar with our league, our style of play, our culture then at least bring him over here and give him something he is familiar with, his correct position on a football pitch.

That is exactly a Nick Carle situation, unfortunately.

Think it's still some paper work to be done. If I remember correctly from the Meteb discussions the contract must first be presented to the British FA who then has to contact the Slovakian FA. First after that the English FA can give an "ok". The link suggests the contract was agreed on the 31st of December.

I popped into the shop this morning and Roger Barton came out of the Williams with a city shirt saying to the guy in store that they had "managed to spell his name wrong" !

Make of that what you will

Interesting...

Maybe a few photos, a nice World interview and a new player on cue for the drive-time news!

I popped into the shop this morning and Roger Barton came out of the Williams with a city shirt saying to the guy in store that they had "managed to spell his name wrong" !

Make of that what you will

They spelled his name wrong? Ok, "Burton" then, and the shorts in a see-through fabric from behind.

Best seller of 2009 : )

Sign. Smartass.

Think it's still some paper work to be done. If I remember correctly from the Meteb discussions the contract must first be presented to the British FA who then has to contact the Slovakian FA. First after that the English FA can give an "ok". The link suggests the contract was agreed on the 31st of December.

Surely you don't go through all of that stuff for an EU national?

Archived