IGNORED

Styvar Has Signed Today

bristolcitysweden

I just people remember and realise that at the end of the day, no matter how good a player he is.

He is a human being who is moving to a foreign country with a new language with is family and it's going to take him a while to settle on and MOST importantly OFF the field, he's going to be living in a hotel and we are likely not to see the best of him until he's got his family settled in their new home.

So PLEASE if he doesn't hit the ground running in the first 4/5 games and get goals left right and centre, give him a CHANCE........that goes for all of you (and you gary!)

I just people remember and realise that at the end of the day, no matter how good a player he is.

He is a human being who is moving to a foreign country with a new language with is family and it's going to take him a while to settle on and MOST importantly OFF the field, he's going to be living in a hotel and we are likely not to see the best of him until he's got his family settled in their new home.

So PLEASE if he doesn't hit the ground running in the first 4/5 games and get goals left right and centre, give him a CHANCE........that goes for all of you (and you gary!)

hear hear, especially seeing as it s taken nicky 4 monthes or so to settle in, and he was only in crewe compared to slovakia!

• Admin

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, hopefully this will be made easier for him as he has friends in Bristol already who I believe he is staying with until his family arrive early next week.

I think January is a good time to bring in foreign players as it gives them adequate time to settle in before the start of the next season, i think Sir Alex has done it with a few Man Utd players. I believe GJ has brought him in to be a star for us next season, for the rest of this season he can get used to the style of CCC and adapt himself to our style of play.

Like others have said, lets at least give the guy a decent chance to settle down and then prove what he can do. It was only a month ago that Nicky Maynard was a total waste of £2¼ million and then all of a sudden he gets a bit of service, that has been lacking all season, and is now banging one or two into the onion bag.

Guest DR DICKNOSE
Like others have said, lets at least give the guy a decent chance to settle down and then prove what he can do. It was only a month ago that Nicky Maynard was a total waste of £2¼ million and then all of a sudden he gets a bit of service, that has been lacking all season, and is now banging one or two into the onion bag.

scored 33 goals since 14/07/2007 according to www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?player

might not be a bad shout .

one more cider before i retire for my trip to pompey tomorrow. :englandsmile4wf:

Havent read all this thread so somebody may have already said this but there is a large Slovakian population in Bristol. We may see some of them down the gate after this.......and some of the Slovakian women are Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle2:

Perhaps GJ should sign a Somali - we'd have to fast track the new stadium to the 42000 capacity if they all went to watch City

I just wonder when he's going to get those 4/5 games and at whose expense, as GJ refers to him as a striker - thoughts anyone ?

two very contrasting quotes from gj ina short space of time

" Bristol City boss Gary Johnson is happy with his striking options going into the new year and will not be using the January transfer window to strengthen that area of his squad.

Johnson has a full compliment of forwards to choose from now that Dele Adebola has recovered from a dead leg. The 33-year-old marked his return from a four-match absence with a goal in City's 4-2 win at Watford on Boxing Day after coming on as a substitute.

Nicky Maynard, who scored his fourth goal in three games as the Robins beat Crystal Palace 1-0 on Sunday, and Stern John, who has extended his loan spell from Southampton until the end of the season, have kept £1million summer signing Lee Trundle out of the side while John Akinde continues to wait patiently in the wings.

Johnson said: "You need competition in all departments in the Championship. We now have that competition among our strikers and I am happy with what we have got.

"People are always telling me I need to sign another striker, maybe that will stop now that they are scoring goals."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote 2 from official site gj quoted as saying "Manager Gary Johnson told Bristol City World: "I've brought Peter here to be a goalscoring forward in the Championship for us. You can never have enough of them on your books competing for places."

whats all that about?

potentially great signing though.

They all do it don't they. Only a few days ago Man U were quoted as being 'perfectly happy' with what they have and aren't going to be active in the transfer window, and they've been as busy as anybody! It's all kiddology and oneupmanship,

I think the clubs quite enjoy it really. :w00t: Unless you are trying to hold on to a prized asset or being frustrated that is!

And Styvar reminds me of Vasko somehow.

And Gary basically says that Brooker knows there is no new contract for him, so his future lies elsewhere. Doncaster have him at the moment are interested if they can get him fit.

God bless Football Manager.

From that well of information I have ascertained that we shouldn let him take Corners, he is quite aggressive, had a relatively small wage which hopefully means he wont be a top earner here and, like the man himself said, he is quite good at headers.

I wonder how many times Pete Johnson watched eagle eyed as Styvar's respective 'dot' ran around the 2d pitch.

two very contrasting quotes from gj ina short space of time

" Bristol City boss Gary Johnson is happy with his striking options going into the new year and will not be using the January transfer window to strengthen that area of his squad.

Johnson has a full compliment of forwards to choose from now that Dele Adebola has recovered from a dead leg. The 33-year-old marked his return from a four-match absence with a goal in City's 4-2 win at Watford on Boxing Day after coming on as a substitute.

Nicky Maynard, who scored his fourth goal in three games as the Robins beat Crystal Palace 1-0 on Sunday, and Stern John, who has extended his loan spell from Southampton until the end of the season, have kept £1million summer signing Lee Trundle out of the side while John Akinde continues to wait patiently in the wings.

Johnson said: "You need competition in all departments in the Championship. We now have that competition among our strikers and I am happy with what we have got.

"People are always telling me I need to sign another striker, maybe that will stop now that they are scoring goals."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote 2 from official site gj quoted as saying "Manager Gary Johnson told Bristol City World: "I've brought Peter here to be a goalscoring forward in the Championship for us. You can never have enough of them on your books competing for places."

whats all that about?

potentially great signing though.

Maybe to try and throw people off the transfer?

God bless Football Manager.

From that well of information I have ascertained that we shouldn let him take Corners, he is quite aggressive, had a relatively small wage which hopefully means he wont be a top earner here and, like the man himself said, he is quite good at headers.

I wonder how many times Pete Johnson watched eagle eyed as Styvar's respective 'dot' ran around the 2d pitch.

:laugh: :laugh:

god bless fm indeed

well worth all the technical problems they cause my computer ;)

The underappreciated resource that is FM!

Although you wouldnt wanna be signing people on the back of it youd like to think that the following players have been researched across the years

tonton zola mokoko

nicola millan

Sherman cardenas

gabriel torje (watched him in a under 21 england game once and was class at 17, although smaller than LJ)

Pablo piatti

if this years is anything to go by we should be signing a central midfielder called mascio from some serie C team as he is a set piece taking and all round legend.

So go on gary... get Pete to boot up a large database multi league then put it on holiday for 3 years! :laugh:

P.S Yes i know ibrahima bakayoko was rubbish but everyone maked the odd mistake

all hail FM!

Good old FM/CM! Makes me think we should have signed Tommy Svindal Larsen back in 97 :noexpression:

Welcome back Michael Zilina!

Hopefully you and your friends will come and post on here! We would all like to hear more about Peter from our Slovakian friends.

Maybe we play you in in the semifinal of the junior world championships in ishockey tonight? I know you where to meet USA in the quarter final (peace of cake) ; )

Just checked it YOU BEAT THE YANKEES!! Ok, mate here is the deal; You become a Bristol City fan and you will win tonight ; ) Ok??

I'm Tommy Wallén, a Swedish Bristol City fan.

Cheers

Tommy

Archived