IGNORED

Marlon King?

ollywhyte

Upon posting this topic, i was thinking how come so many teams are apperently after him.

Espicially Premier League teams stupid really, he's not even that good imo.

After what he's done, i believe he should be banned from playing proffesional football, permanantly.

I wouldn't want King at the club either.

Just thinking about it, how about Marlon Harewood?

Released by Villa at the end of the season, so no fee would be necessary, keeps him self out of the press, had a spell with Newcastle on loan last season

No thanks. Nor just because of what he's done outside of football but because if he signed it would be because he's desperate for a contract and not because he specifically wants to play for Bristol City. I only want players In the squad that are passionate about our club - that's why loanees are generally to be avoided too. Better to give younger, homegrown talent a chance than some bigtime Charlie who can't get a game elsewhere, poncing about without a care. Stern John springs to mind!

Upon posting this topic, i was thinking how come so many teams are apperently after him.

Espicially Premier League teams stupid really, he's not even that good imo.

After what he's done, i believe he should be banned from playing proffesional football, permanantly.

There probally arnt.....its his agents way of whoring his client out to clubs. He never did anything in the Prem, and he is a proven v ile character.....I expect to see him sign for a club like Coventry in the near future.

Im all for second chances and (most of the time) believe that if you have done your time then move on.

Although if it was any other job he would have to come out of prison rock bottom and work his way back up, but as its football he can just walk straight into another team and start earning big money again.

If he gets back into championship football, which it looks like he is going to do quite easily then fair play to him he must have a good agent!

But would I want him here??? Well, even without taking into account his crime and just looking at him as a footballer - no. Over-rated player who had potential but never really lived up to it. Im sure he can do a job for a championship club, but Bristol City? No thanks!

Another player, Luke McCormack (formally of Plymouth who was jailed for causing death while over the limit) is due to be released soon too. However I have a feeling he will find it a bit harder to find a club. I would be surprised if he even tries to get back into football at all.

Im all for second chances and (most of the time) believe that if you have done your time then move on.

Although if it was any other job he would have to come out of prison rock bottom and work his way back up, but as its football he can just walk straight into another team and start earning big money again.

If he gets back into championship football, which it looks like he is going to do quite easily then fair play to him he must have a good agent!

But would I want him here??? Well, even without taking into account his crime and just looking at him as a footballer - no. Over-rated player who had potential but never really lived up to it. Im sure he can do a job for a championship club, but Bristol City? No thanks!

Another player, Luke McCormack (formally of Plymouth who was jailed for causing death while over the limit) is due to be released soon too. However I have a feeling he will find it a bit harder to find a club. I would be surprised if he even tries to get back into football at all.

Just look at Lee Hughes. He was jailed, done his time, and banged in the goals for Oldham (I think they signed him up first, not sure) and then Notts County.

Roman Bedner, ok he was suspended from the game, he came back and done a decent job in helping WBA getting promoted.

Mutu, before lightening struck again.

He's a dispicable @55hole who i would love to batter the $%#& out of for what he did..... but he's served his prison sentence and completed the penalty imposed on him by British law for what he did, so if a football club wants to offer him a contract then thats fair enough. I suspect he'll find that his wages will be significantly lower than what he remembers them being before he went to prison though

Just look at Lee Hughes. He was jailed, done his time, and banged in the goals for Oldham (I think they signed him up first, not sure) and then Notts County.

Roman Bedner, ok he was suspended from the game, he came back and done a decent job in helping WBA getting promoted.

Remember i think it was Bradley orr, steve brooker and dave partridge they were jailed for a while if i remember rightly! :innocent06:

To be fair Hughes killed another man and drove off - as despicable as what King did was, you can hardly pair the two together.

I wouldn't want either player here, but they have served their time. I'm sure Boothroyd at Coventry will think he can get the Marlon King from a few years ago back and wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he went there.

I would hope Coppell would have more morals than to sign a player after such indescretions.

Archived