IGNORED

Graffiti Attack At The Mem Last Night

Barrs Court Red

The trouble I have with that is that a normal (hmmmm....) person in the street doesn't write (or know) BCFC BS3 do they?:whistle2:

You have to question the timing behind this, it is right at a point where bristol city are trying to gain maximum support against the sainsburys decision where city need positivity in all areas so what better for someone who is opposed to it all and throw a press spanner in the works is go to the clubs rivals and do something that would cause ourage and sturr up both clubs using names associated with trouble, and these names are very easily looked up on google or facebook.

It is not like we have played the gas of late or shown any interest in them so i find this very strange so called city fans would do this on a memorial in the close season, a fair few i've spoken to are bemused by it!

It is so easy to just write something to gain a response and just because someone has sprayed something Bristol city related does not mean that you are!

This is something to do with the sainsburys thing trying to discredit fans but if i'm wrong then fair enough but on a memorial i don't buy any city fan would do it and many mix with the gas doing marches supporting such things.

The only facts we can ascertain from this story are that someone who wished to associate themselves with Bristol City graffitied a war memorial last night. Who they are is irrelevant, they dragged our name down with them and we should solely be condemning this, as many are, rather than looking for conspiracy theories based on essentially zero. As far as I'm concerned they were representing Bristol City by using the club's name, whoever they may be, and that's where the buck stops.

The only facts we can ascertain from this story are that someone who wished to associate themselves with Bristol City graffitied a war memorial last night. Who they are is irrelevant, they dragged our name down with them and we should solely be condemning this, as many are, rather than looking for conspiracy theories based on essentially zero. As far as I'm concerned they were representing Bristol City by using the club's name, whoever they may be, and that's where the buck stops.

Don't get me wrong it is out of order but why should this club and fans be tarnished when it could very well be no one connected with Bristol city fc? it is all too easy to say ''city fan scum'' but was it?? the buck stops with the person with the can and i doubt they are anything but Bristol city.

What a sad individual you are. Im sure you recall many a things your club can be disgraced and ashamed about (some of your fans smashing Nottingham to bits, going bust but still existing!) Anyway, not one of us are looking for sympathy about this. Of course, I would be angry and in fact am angry at the fact some tosser drew graffiti all over our ground, but what is completely despicable about this is the fact that it's on a war grave basically.

MOST of your fans are decent law abiding citizens so don't think im slamming city fans in general, but you do have some idiots who are capable of doing such a thing just like we do, so why are some of you getting defensive and saying its someone not related to city?

He is right about the Memorial Ground though.

Shame some wassocks have no respect and decide to deface it.

Guest Chrisgas

He is right about the Memorial Ground though.

Shame some wassocks have no respect and decide to deface it.

I am not denying it, but at the end of the day, they SOLD it to us. We didnt rob it from them AND they needed the money so really we have done nothing wrong.

Chris I don't belive any football hooligan would have done such a thing. I know a lots of older hooligans and a fair younger lads from pubs around Bedminster and hand on heart I can not belive anyone I know would have done such a thing. The CSF from the past would not have done this and I don't belive the younger lads would stoop so low.

I am not denying it, but at the end of the day, they SOLD it to us. We didnt rob it from them AND they needed the money so really we have done nothing wrong.

Any chance of a bit more, we* could use it at the moment :innocent06:

Worth a try

(* we being Bristol Rugby of course)

Who ever done this mistake (as well as the grafiti) was not knowing bristol football clubs very well and it was done for a response rather than an attack on Bristol Rovers from Bristol City.

Remember this is a war memorial dedicated to Bristol Rugby club in honour of their players who died in the war nothing to do with Bristol Rovers who untill recently have never owned anything like a stadium let alone a memorial.

Tiz sad it was done but i question the motives behind it.

Who ever done this mistake (as well as the grafiti) was not knowing bristol football clubs very well and it was done for a response rather than an attack on Bristol Rovers from Bristol City.

Remember this is a war memorial dedicated to Bristol Rugby club in honour of their players who died in the war nothing to do with Bristol Rovers who untill recently have never owned anything like a stadium let alone a memorial.

Tiz sad it was done but i question the motives behind it.

So on that basis they should have done it on Ikea :tumbleweed:

How much did Rovers pay Bristol Rugby Club for the Memorial Ground?dunno.gif

Don't get me wrong it is out of order but why should this club and fans be tarnished when it could very well be no one connected with Bristol city fc? it is all too easy to say ''city fan scum'' but was it?? the buck stops with the person with the can and i doubt they are anything but Bristol city.

Because the genius with the stencil decided to associate themselves with the club, it's that simple, I don't think it should reflect badly on the club but it will a little bit because its name is on this rubbish. The thing to do is certainly not to lay the blame at other named sections of Bristol's community, there's distancing yourself from it but that's another step entirely.

Chris I don't belive any football hooligan would have done such a thing. I know a lots of older hooligans and a fair younger lads from pubs around Bedminster and hand on heart I can not belive anyone I know would have done such a thing. The CSF from the past would not have done this and I don't belive the younger lads would stoop so low.

Agree with you 100% bs3, i know a few of the younger lads and like you said i seriously dont believe that they would do such a thing and stoop so low, let alone even think about doing such a thing.

If any city fan bent on a bit of distruction surly would of sprayed up the tobbacco factory or smashed the windows or even sprayed up the council house or even Janke or Rayners homes so this makes absolutly no sense when there are bigger targets to go for.

If any city fan bent on a bit of distruction surly would of sprayed up the tobbacco factory or smashed the windows or even sprayed up the council house or even Janke or Rayners homes so this makes absolutly no sense when there are bigger targets to go for.

I would agree.

But i don't advise anyone to do so :farmer:

I hate how little wan*ers like this can spray the words 'Bristol City' and it instantrly looks bad for the club even though iyt has absolutly nothing to do with it.

. It would not surprise me if it was Gasheads trying to make us look bad, its the sort of thing thy would do.

Defacing a war memorial should be punishable by a long prison sentience, if these people are found out, and found to be City fans of some form then a banning order should follow.

I hate how little wan*ers like this can spray the words 'Bristol City' and it instantrly looks bad for the club even though iyt has absolutly nothing to do with it.

. It would not surprise me if it was Gasheads trying to make us look bad, its the sort of thing thy would do.

Defacing a war memorial should be punishable by a long prison sentience, if these people are found out, and found to be City fans of some form then a banning order should follow.

True and lets remember banksy had stuff defaced (ironic i know) on stokes croft and pak street by blue paint for saying he likes Bristol city, so lets not rule out other parties in this.

Anyone come across these clowns at all? Me being a cynic like, any possibility of a connection with our Sainsburys hating friends no matter how tenuous?

After all a load of these Lib Dumbs have previous with anti capitalist/Anti War/anti consumerist/anti political systems. not them personally but the usual crop of f uck ups and misfits they attract?

There is no way they are real football fans, not in a month of Sundays, WHATEVER their motivation. Tossers.

part of their web adress, how apt

/www.anus.com/tribes/ada

Hold on, you burned our stadium down if i remember rightly so how is it more likely to be our fans?

True and not saying it was right but a very different era, it was a time of high rivalry at the height of football hooliganism where city and rovers played each other regularly with out breaks of fighting, these days city have hardly seen the gas on or off the field so it makes no sense to deface something that is a rugby clubs memorial who Bristol city have no history of trouble with? in the close season where city fans have other distractions

Those who were responsible for the fire paid with time in prison.

Guest oftbc

Lets not forget last season the back wall of the EE was defaced as were the Banksy stuff by sag heads, Did they offer to pay the clear up costs? And anyways I highly doubt this was done by City fans.

Archived