IGNORED

Graffiti Attack At The Mem Last Night

Barrs Court Red

I think they should put a few security guards on patrol for a couple of weeks and catch them red handed (no pun intended) and not onl should they be forced to help with the cleaning but they should also be forced to apologise in public to the families they have upset.

• SC&T Board Members

Sorry to drag this up on the first day of the new season but has anybody found these bastards yet?

Has anybody got a update on the job required to remove the paint from the Memorial itself?

Most importantly...... COME ON YOU REDS!:englandsmile4wf:

Update: The total raised was £293.50 (£275.67 after PayPal commission is deducted). The Trust has rounded the figure up to £300.

I was in touch with Kirsty Pugh at the Rovers this week and she tells me that the stonemason who cleaned the graffiti from the stone memorial gate post gave his services free of charge and that their only real cost was therefore paint for covering over some of the other graffiti. She has therefore suggested giving the money to Help for Heroes, which I hope you'll agree is a good idea. She's going to come back to me with a date for a few City fans to pop over and hand over the cheque.

So from a mindless act of vandalism OTIB posters have certainly managed to generate some good.

This is straight from a member of csfs facebook: Not that it matters much anymore (if its been cleaned up) *** ******** is not comfortable with being associated with the wording on the deface of the war memorial Some of Csf did serve in the army, Citys boys are pro Ulster, pro army and highly nationalistic not the kind of people who deface war memorials. This looks like shitstirring of the very worst kind.

Archived