IGNORED

Millen's Assistant

GrahamC

Millen has said it's someone who's had no previous connections with the club. Perosnaly i think it will be Glenn Roeder.

I remember being at Newcastle when Roeder was there - people had nothing but good to say about him

John Gorman would be good too

As would Peter Taylor...

although i think the assistent manager has to be expierienced and lively i think we have to be careful not to get someone that will possibly overshadow millen. e.g stuart pearce. i think we need someone that behind the scenes does a lot of work with the squad and millen but to almost be a man in the shadows when it comes to the press and interviews.

although i think the assistent manager has to be expierienced and lively i think we have to be careful not to get someone that will possibly overshadow millen. e.g stuart pearce. i think we need someone that behind the scenes does a lot of work with the squad and millen but to almost be a man in the shadows when it comes to the press and interviews.

It won't be Stuart Pearce.

Guest BcfcAdie

Hmmm did i just hear right, Steve Claridge suggests Gary Speed on the Football League Show?

As a sidenote on Claridge, thats the first time ive agreed with anything he's had to say about our club.

Yes you did hear it right he mention Gary Speed for the job

Looks like we will find out on monday whoever it is after KM meets him tomorrow

Hmmm did i just hear right, Steve Claridge suggests Gary Speed on the Football League Show?

As a sidenote on Claridge, thats the first time ive agreed with anything he's had to say about our club.

For the Sheffield United job I thought he was recommending him for?

Guest sumcharred

imo i think it could well be stuart pearce great with england u21 not involved with day to day running of a club could still do both jobs so lets go get him him and km together what great team that could be heres to living in hope

Guest Rowley Birkin

I think it's scandalous Walshy hasn't been given the position already.

The facts speak for themselves result wise, when he's been number two.

He's BRISTOL CITY through and through, has vast experience, including playing top flight European football with Besiktas, holds the players respect, and is a fantastic human being, unlike some "lively" names mentioned on here.

I think to bring someone in over his head, would be massively disrespectfull to a loyal servant, as I say the results speak for themselves.

Guest Bigdave60

I think it's scandalous Walshy hasn't been given the position already.

The facts speak for themselves result wise, when he's been number two.

He's BRISTOL CITY through and through, has vast experience, including playing top flight European football with Besiktas, holds the players respect, and is a fantastic human being, unlike some "lively" names mentioned on here.

I think to bring someone in over his head, would be massively disrespectfull to a loyal servant, as I say the results speak for themselves.

But Millen has said he needs a guy with a different personalty than his.

I dont personaly know Walshy, but i would think he is very much like Millen.:me?:

But Millen has said he needs a guy with a different personalty than his.

I dont personaly know Walshy, but i would think he is very much like Millen.:me?:

I think in Millen's situation I'd be looking for an assistant with a different but complementary personality and different experience...someone who can work with me but offer things I don't have. Lots of the names mentioned can do that. If Walshy wanted an assistant role at the moment I think he'd have to look elsewhere.

Guest diesel

Millen spent most of his careeer playing for Watford, under I beleive Graham Taylor, so he could be another option.

******* turnip head! Actually, I think he's always been a great club manager.

Guest xlBristolCitylx

Some of the names mentioned above are crazy, I mean it's nice to dream and all that but some people are naming manager's not assistant manager's two completly different role's, we need to keep our expectations in check. :whistle2:

who is your source then? or tell us more about why we will be surprised?

To be fair he has been pretty accurate with a couple if things this summer so I do believe he maybe related to a first team player and have got a hunch who it is.

Guest Banksy

To be fair he has been pretty accurate with a couple if things this summer so I do believe he maybe related to a first team player and have got a hunch who it is.

ok sorry would be nice for more info though

ok sorry would be nice for more info though

No need to apologise fella, if you Havnt seen some of his/her post then it does sound a little like bs but as I said I believe light a candle. Not long now, I personally think this is a massive decision and hope they have got it right.

just looking at the list tommy put up

What about Martin Scott ???? any thoughts

he was working with middlesbourgh but his contract ended in may

That's two people who've suggested him, and I've got to say it seems like a good shout.

Here's someone who knows the club, but hasn't been for so long which means he's able to step back a little from everyone currently here. He's a highly qualified coach and took the same course as KM, apparently. So the two should also know each other. He's also spent his post-playing career as a coach and assistant manager, so it seems he's very suited to that position. There's just something about him that feels like he'd make a good assistant.

My query would be given that he's played and coached in the north east for the majority of his career, I guess he's unlikely to come down to the south west, especially if he has a family.

Martin Scott would be great - Mcallister wouldnt be able to lace Scotty's boots up, he was a fab left back.

I personally think its going to be David James, give him more authority, will be a way of tieing him into us a bit longer aswell. If not then i can see it being Martin Scott.

*cough*, Glenn Roeder or Ray Lewington *cough*

I expect it to be one of these but personally I'ld like Steve Clarke, former chelski and west ham no.2 someone who is widely respected, and listening to chelski insiders one of the reasons they went through their set peice troubles because he wasn't there to organise.

Anybody reckon there is going to be any news today?

I'd hope for news today or tomorrow, if the guys met yesterday. Has to come early in the week I reckon, if the meeting went as planned and something was agreed. On another note, international experience, no link with the club - what's Steve Staunton up to these days? :tumbleweed:

Archived