IGNORED

Millen's Assistant

GrahamC

STUART PEARCE? Are you lot for real!!!!

Don't get me wrong I don't think for one minute that we will get Pearce but he does tick the boxes mentioned by Milly and Sexpot.

I should imagine that it will end up being someone Milly knows very well

Big Joe Jordan, Mick Harford, John Gorman, or Wardy would be names to throw into the hat.

Big Joe & Mick Harford would be "lively". Mick Harford is I beleive currently jobless n'all. Cant see big Joe or Micky Harford coming though

Wardy & John Gorman are both good assistants, not particularly good managers, both with City connections. one or other would be my tip. Dunno if KM has worked with either before?

So long as Martin bloody Allen dont get it, can probably live with most of the names bandied about

I have always been impressed by Mike Newell to be fair. Also the scouting personality we so well need.

OK a good name to chuck in the hat, however there are considerable questions about his management days at Lu'on. Quite a few fans reckoned it wasnt just the board and agents who trousered all the money Lu'on lost. That kinda thing is something we really need to stay away from. nothing wrong with the football side of things. Scouting starts ringing warning bells for me after hearing all this stuff when they went belly up.

Cracking shout!

Not because I particularly want it to be true, I just think that it is very likely.

Oh dear... we end up about 10th this season, next season it all falls apart and Roeder steps into the breach and succeeds in keeping us in the championship.

Sounds like a downward spiral.

I am normally one of the most positive posters and i like Millen don't get me wrong but i have not been so pessimistic about our season's chances in a decade.

Oh dear... we end up about 10th this season, next season it all falls apart and Roeder steps into the breach and succeeds in keeping us in the championship.

Sounds like a downward spiral.

I am normally one of the most positive posters and i like Millen don't get me wrong but i have not been so pessimistic about our season's chances in a decade.

No. I was more pesimistic when Tinnion was appointed.

We had a good team that had just missed out on promotion. Tinnion had been one of the lads previosuly and no previous managerial ability. It was a reciper for disater and so it proved.

By comparison Millen is experienced and although he knows the players he has the distance from them because he has managed them for some time now. The spell at the end of last season makes a big difference because he took over under very difficult, even traumatic circumstances and came up with the goods. He strikes me as a professional man with high standards. He can connect with the players because he, like them must feel very let down by Coppell at the moment.

I would love Psycho Pearce, can you think of anyone more emotionally opposite of Coppell! Unless of course SL has finally given in to my begging letters and given me Moysie! :dancing6:

Sorry RedM think u might be out of luck on both.

Back to the begging letters then ...

Seriously I would like to see fresh thoughts and experience, so not Walshy, Murray or Tinnion (how would that work anyone Millen & Tinnion swopping roles). I would like to see David james for example, from what i can already see he is excellent with the media and has that 'presence', maybe then we should look at a Director of Football which Sextone & others are possibly are doing at the moment anyway. not sure if james might overshadow Millen a bit too much though.

Back to the begging letters then ...

Seriously I would like to see fresh thoughts and experience, so not Walshy, Murray or Tinnion (how would that work anyone Millen & Tinnion swopping roles). I would like to see David james for example, from what i can already see he is excellent with the media and has that 'presence', maybe then we should look at a Director of Football which Sextone & others are possibly are doing at the moment anyway. not sure if james might overshadow Millen a bit too much though.

Especially with that hair style!! :innocent06:

Archived