IGNORED

Millen's Assistant

GrahamC

Elstob was actually in Cuba a couple weeks back and i managed to have a short chat to him at the British Embassy where they have regular soiree's. I did not recognize him, in all fairness, but when the first secretary introduced him i then remembered his name. Shorter than i was expecting him to be.

Anyway, i asked what he was doing these days and he did say he had been helping out at Athletico, not Real, as some have mentioned. Of course that was 2 weeks ago before our 'waterloo' of last week. i forgot to mention i had met him but he said he thought we had a good management team!!!

He did say he spoke to Millen from time to time so you never know, he might be the one, but more likely he will be in the background helping out with possible transfer targets.

Elstob was actually in Cuba a couple weeks back and i managed to have a short chat to him at the British Embassy where they have regular soiree's. I did not recognize him, in all fairness, but when the first secretary introduced him i then remembered his name. Shorter than i was expecting him to be.

Anyway, i asked what he was doing these days and he did say he had been helping out at Athletico, not Real, as some have mentioned. Of course that was 2 weeks ago before our 'waterloo' of last week. i forgot to mention i had met him but he said he thought we had a good management team!!!

He did say he spoke to Millen from time to time so you never know, he might be the one, but more likely he will be in the background helping out with possible transfer targets.

very interesting indeed.... I just want SOME news today! whether its our new AM or a new signing I need something!

Ah, Stubby Stobby! I didn't know his first name was Rob.......

As you know, I never come on here and comment on speculation about new players/ staff etc, even though I clearly have access to a lot of inside information. Suffice to say that I saw 'Stubs' coming out of the gaffer's office earlier with a big smile on his face. Read into that what you will.

Ah, Stubby Stobby! I didn't know his first name was Rob.......

I hope its Elstob, he's a genuine nice guy. Only last week he helped me fix my car when I broke down and he happened to drive past. He is a fully trained mechanic which he kept quite, he's also a trainee astronaut! After he retires from the game he plans to become assistant manager on the Russian space station.

As you know, I never come on here and comment on speculation about new players/ staff etc, even though I clearly have access to a lot of inside information. Suffice to say that I saw 'Stubs' coming out of the gaffer's office earlier with a big smile on his face. Read into that what you will.

So, Stacey Penton must be involved somewhere along the line too...

Guest Parson St Station

So, Stacey Penton must be involved somewhere along the line too...

Of course she is...how on earth did you expect someone of stubby's pedigree to join us without Staceys ample charms?

Has the world gone mad?

Surely this thread is going to become an OTIB classic. Some VERY amusing posts on here.

Oh and someone I know who works at the Tobacco Factory (strictly for cash in hand of course) told me that Stubby headed straight there after meeting the Gaffer earlier. Apparently he is an old mate of George's and he put that on his C.V when he applied for the job, which almost guaranteed he got an interview !

HartleyTash; I can only comment on what I know and that is that Elstob is a really genuine guy, full of football knowledge and contacts, has all his coaching badges, done a lot of work in Spain over the years and could do a job as assistant. If it's an alias name then I honestly do not know what his real name may be. So I for one am not wasting anyone's time. Hope this helps.

Archived