IGNORED

Millen's Assistant

GrahamC

Interesting that KM said that he already had "one or two" names in mind but that understandably he hadn't had the opportunity yet to speak to the individuals concerned.

This is a chance here for KM to make his own decision, and despite the inevitable "former City player, bloke who still lives in Clevedon" suggestions that will soon appear on here, if they haven't already, I hope he takes the opportunity to bring in his own (experienced) assistant from outside the current staff.

No suggestions from me, it is his call, just as long as it isn't some ex-Gashead KM should use this appointment as a statement of his intent.

Has to be someone experienced, and from outside the club. Things need looking at from a fresh, experienced and enthusiastic point of view. I really hope it's someone who's been around a few clubs and has experience either as the main man or a number two for a number of years.

Can't think of any names at the moment though, but my knowledge of number two's is not great! I just hope it's someone different, no disrespect to him, but hope it's not Alan Walsh as we desperately need experience and a fresh view.

It needs to be someone with plenty of experience who can help guide him.

I wasn't being entirely serious with my suggestion of Lennie Lawrence but I've got to be honest there really would be worse ideas than that. He's very experienced and did a good job in a similar role at the Rovers. If not him then someone of similar age and experience.

Guest Old East End Skinhead

I bet Millen is hoping he can appoint Statto (Angus Loughran) complete with pyjamas and dressing gown, as his faithful assistant.

Stroll on !

Two statisticians, plenty of laptops, clipboards and pie-charts but no points.

Statisticians do well in fantasy football leagues - but not in the real world.

Millen would be better off working for Hargreaves Lansdown as an financial risk manager or an actuary.

Interesting that KM said that he already had "one or two" names in mind but that understandably he hadn't had the opportunity yet to speak to the individuals concerned.

This is a chance here for KM to make his own decision, and despite the inevitable "former City player, bloke who still lives in Clevedon" suggestions that will soon appear on here, if they haven't already, I hope he takes the opportunity to bring in his own (experienced) assistant from outside the current staff.

No suggestions from me, it is his call, just as long as it isn't some ex-Gashead KM should use this appointment as a statement of his intent.

Alex Eisentrager !?!?!?! Hahahahaha!!!

Keith Welch?

Who are you thinking of?

Alex Eisentrager !?!?!?! Hahahahaha!!!

Keith Welch?

Who are you thinking of?

Most of the names quoted in this thread, actually.

Scott Murray, Shaun Taylor, Keith Curle, Dziekanowski, etc,etc.

Good to hear KM say tonight that he's managed to speak to the person he had in mind and that he expects to be in a position to make an appointment by the weekend.

Archived