IGNORED

Millen's Assistant

GrahamC

just looking at the list tommy put up

What about Martin Scott ???? any thoughts

he was working with middlesbourgh but his contract ended in may

That's two people who've suggested him, and I've got to say it seems like a good shout.

Here's someone who knows the club, but hasn't been for so long which means he's able to step back a little from everyone currently here. He's a highly qualified coach and took the same course as KM, apparently. So the two should also know each other. He's also spent his post-playing career as a coach and assistant manager, so it seems he's very suited to that position. There's just something about him that feels like he'd make a good assistant.

My query would be given that he's played and coached in the north east for the majority of his career, I guess he's unlikely to come down to the south west, especially if he has a family.

*cough*, Glenn Roeder or Ray Lewington *cough*

I expect it to be one of these but personally I'ld like Steve Clarke, former chelski and west ham no.2 someone who is widely respected, and listening to chelski insiders one of the reasons they went through their set peice troubles because he wasn't there to organise.

Anybody reckon there is going to be any news today?

I'd hope for news today or tomorrow, if the guys met yesterday. Has to come early in the week I reckon, if the meeting went as planned and something was agreed. On another note, international experience, no link with the club - what's Steve Staunton up to these days? :tumbleweed:

Archived