IGNORED

So Who Wants Millen Sacked Now?

Robbored

If anyone else had posed this question I would have taken it seriously. The more you post in support of Millen just exposes the personal issues you obviously had with Johnson because the style aint really changed has it? By the way wel done lads great win I am sure Keith will at least steer us to mid table.

Well said mate echoed by the vast majority of the forum!

Anyone still want Millen sacked? :dunno:

Just thought I'd ask.

So let me get this correct, have we just been promoted?, NO, have we reached the play offs?, NO, oh I get it after our worst start for 28 years is it, we have now gone on a 3 game unbeaten run, my god let's hope Fabio dosen't resign soon the FA will be knocking down SL's door.

You are the only poster who in the last 2 years of GJ's reign was happy to see us lose, most of the rest of us (whatever our views of our present manager might be) are all happy that City have won today and we are just as happy that we are no longer at the bottom of the league, KM has achieved nothing yet as a manager (unlike the manager you hounded for nearly 4 years).

Save your crowing to the end of the season.

Complete nonsense.

In the last two seasons, when did Johnson try to play attacking football and start with two wingers? Never as I recall.

Millen is his own man and sets up and plays very differently from his old boss.

Spot on with that.

Anyway, why is there consistent bitchyness between posters when the lads have gone to the Riverside and picked up al 3 points!!!!

Tremendous result..............END OF!

I'd wager that a far higher % of fans wanted Milly sacked a few games ago than ever wanted Johnson out...but hey ho...I'll dignify your cheeky OP with a response.

Wanted Johnson out at what point?

I don't think there were many that disagreed his time had come went he went.

What I can't understand is the complete turnaround under Millen. In every game we have pretty well got what we deserved. When Johnson arrived you could see what he was doing and see the performances improving even though the results didn't come. But this season we have gone from utter shite to not bad team at all overnight.

Before the Reading game I couldn't see what Millen was trying do or how he was trying to do it. But we suddenly looked great.

I blame Johnson.

LJ that is.

So let me get this correct, have we just been promoted?, NO, have we reached the play offs?, NO, oh I get it after our worst start for 28 years is it, we have now gone on a 3 game unbeaten run, my god let's hope Fabio dosen't resign soon the FA will be knocking down SL's door.

You are the only poster who in the last 2 years of GJ's reign was happy to see us lose, most of the rest of us (whatever our views of our present manager might be) are all happy that City have won today and we are just as happy that we are no longer at the bottom of the league, KM has achieved nothing yet as a manager (unlike the manager you hounded for nearly 4 years).

Save your crowing to the end of the season.

Whoever is in the managers chair gets my 100% support, does not stop fans sometimes questioning tactics etc but for gods sake you have to give whoever it is a chance.

i wanted him sacked. so what.

I too would prefer to have a different manager - the last three results have been good, but we can't just ignore all the terrible losses before that.

We're still in big trouble as the table stands.

I think the people who are now talking about the play offs are being totally over-optimistic and premature.

I'll be happy just to stay up.

Everything beyond that is a bonus.

Whoever is in the managers chair gets my 100% support, does not stop fans sometimes questioning tactics etc but for gods sake you have to give whoever it is a chance.

My post was in response to the childish original post, where do I say I don't support the manager?, i'm just not getting carried away, we are almost a third of the way through the season and still in a lot of trouble.

Complete nonsense.

In the last two seasons, when did Johnson try to play attacking football and start with two wingers? Never as I recall.

So the next piece of this puzzle is more goals then?, or is it ala GJ get one in front and hang on?.

Spot on with that.

Anyway, why is there consistent bitchyness between posters when the lads have gone to the Riverside and picked up al 3 points!!!!

Tremendous result..............END OF!

Agreed! I think poor old Robbored gets too much abuse on here, so i am going to have too stand up for him on this one. We need posters like him. His posts bring a smile to our faces. I am sure his posts are intended to be read with a pinch of salt. All forums need a joker, and he is our joker! And very occasionally he can come up with something quite intelligent! The bloke does not take himself seriously, so why should we? Lets get off his back...........i am looking forward already to his next hilarious post!

Let's get real after the start milly had 90% of fans wanted Milly gone.

If he keeps up the current three game form,he more than deserves his tenure.

Get real??

I would love to see where you got your 90% from, as I would think the majority of fans, whilst not happy with the situation, could see that he needed more time considering the mess he was left with after SC left.

Personally, I would have considered a change if the poor results continued into November, certainly not before then.

Glass half empty? :dunno:

But even you must agree that the last 4 games have been a significant improvement. Steps in the right direction in other words.

FFS your glass was less than half empty whatever the result for 2 years.

improvement yes but I repeat ala GJ get one goal ahead and sit back and hang on, we need to put games to bed.

My problem with millen is that I really see our good form over the last few games as being a direct result of Johnson playing. This was forced upon him despite the fact that it seemed obvious we needed some sort of creativity.

I can't say if millen would have changed it, but I doubt skuse would have been dropped by now and replaced by Johnson.

I was firmly in the millen out camp solely for the above reason. Recent performances have improved and I am very pleased, and would love for it to continue under millen.

The only thing right now that would get me straight back into the sack him corner is if we have one bad performance and skuse or cisse come straight in and we are then back to square one with an uncreative midfield. That would show to me he truely was clueless.

Well said, proving the moaners wrong. :yes:

Never a Millen hater, but the phrase 'Rome wasn't built in a day' works both ways. These 3 results, impressive as they are, are only any use to us if we can carry this on and keep on progressing. It's only after 46 games that we'll see either way, truly.

Just thought I'd ask.

I was waiting for one of these posts, and im not remotely suprised it was you that has started it.

As numerous other posts have stated, lets not get ahead of ourselves. 3 excellent results should hopefully see us moving in the right direction.......HOWEVER, we are still a long, long way off being in a position where we can start talking about ""corners turned".

Do I want Millen sacked 3 weeks ago?? absolutely. Do I want him sacked now? no. How can you possibly sack a manager after he takes 7 points in 9 games?

The BIG question is, am I confident Millen is the right man to, not only get us out of the mess we STILL find ourselves very much in......but then take this club forward in the direction we want to go....Im still not sure im afraid. I still have my doubts whether he is the right man.

improvement yes but I repeat ala GJ get one goal ahead and sit back and hang on, we need to put games to bed.

Glad to know that your're onside.

As for 'hanging on' - only to be expected given our league position. Once City get out of trouble we won't see that old Johnson tactic when its not necessary.

The original post doesnt make a great deal of sense, is born entirely from hindsight and acts only to provoke.

It's like asking couples who are getting a divorce if they're glad they got married, on the whole you're only going to get one answer.

I think it's a shame that this thread exists, because not only is it complete nonsense it is detracting from a fantastic away win that we should all be celebrating.

The big difference here between the 'positive' and 'negative', to put far too simple and concise labels on your stance on the manager, is that people were questioning the manager because the team was performing unacceptably badly. If, and clearly I hope this isnt the case, results take a turn for the worse and this proves a false dawn, people will be entirely justified in sliding back into uncertainty.

Just thought I'd ask.

hopefully none.

the last thing this club needs is more morons trying to force a manager out for four years by telling people negative crap to undermine him.

hard to believe Alan, but there are cocks like that out there.

Glad to know that your're onside.

As for 'hanging on' - only to be expected given our league position. Once City get out of trouble we won't see that old Johnson tactic when its not necessary.

Christ you are soooooooooooooo full of gushing words of errrr "wisdom"... aincha. The boot on the other foot now your bete noir has gone eh?

Pot calling kettle black here. big time

Oh Robbo, I enjoyed that,

I have no doubts that this is raising a smile for you!

I've tried to stay positive this season, but Millen isn't beyond reproach. There are still questions to be answered in the long term, namely the LJ/Skuse situation. I rate Cole, but he isn't offering enough to merit a place atm, and I hope Millen recognises that, rather than using his injury as an excuse to drop him and therefore bring him back in.

January will be a big month for Millen, No doubts. He's shown he's got a good nose in the transfer market, I hope he continues in that vein and brings in a creative player to compete with LJ and a left back to compete with the ever improving Jamie Mac...

I like the direction we're currently heading... up the table... But it can all change pretty quickly again.

COYR!

I don't think this is a silly post. I have had loads of texts from city fans that i know stating that unless Millen is sacked we would be relegated by January etc etc. I stated on here before the Reading game that i could see us getting at least 4 points from the next 2 games ( reading and QPR ) because i could see the improvment. Whenever a new manager comes in it takes time and i hated seeing some of the rubbish that got sent to me and what i read on here, so it is a case of told you so as you could see it coming and the abuse on here was unjust

This was a great win. However, Boro are also a club in turmoil.

I support Keith, but lets see where we are come April.

I hope Keith can turn it round, and if so , all credit to him, but the jury is still our in my mind. Tinnion also had some good results. All credit to the boys today, well done!!!! I hope we have turned the corner

COYR

Complete nonsense.

The last hour I watched against QPR we were attacking?

Archived