IGNORED

So Who Wants Millen Sacked Now?

Robbored

Were you the one sat right behind me slagging off Haynes constantly throughout? Sounds like you.

Clarify how my observations would make you think i would slag off Haynes? I sit and watch, with my mouth shut. I'm not one for shouting my head off. I sit or stand, and observe and generally laugh a lot at the pathetic moron's around me. Unfortunately Football is full of them. That's why you'll find 'Businessman' and football club owners, easily taking their money with no backlash. I let the frustrated Cannon fodder do the shouting. If you're a women, with a face like John Bailey's love child and work for 'Boro, then you may have been sat infront of me. Did you enjoy the hospitality?...much better than City's i thought. Keep biting my babber...

Anyone still want Millen sacked? :dunno:

Just thought I'd ask.

I am not saying I want him sacked but the belief now flooding the forum that we are out of the woods is a bit premature to say the least as is the belief that Millen is now the man for the job.Recent results are encouraging and Millen might just be our version of Nigel Adkins.But it is far to soon to be sure.

Got to say the last three results give some hope for survival but last home game playing one up front and having our center forward playing as left back does not fill me with confidence. If this seasons ambition has now been demoted to just surviving then we have a chance. Any more than that and we need to look elsewhere for leadership.

So harsh to just brand Millen in that way all managers have to start somewhere I'm not claiming he will be our next manager for us to get to the prem but you don't know. Look at Reading quite interesting that Brian McDermott too had been at the club for ten years before taking the managers job is just one many examples that managers that come from nowhere.

The difference being that Millen has no clue in what he's doing and keeps giving the same old out of a managers 101 book answers during interviews. He doesn't have a good contacts list, he's not started well and doesn't look to be improving in my eyes and saying that I don't know is hardly a good reason to keep him in as you don't know if he could be the reason we end up relegated and back in League One.

It may seem harsh to criticise him when he's only starting but a Championship Club with a large desire to move forward is far too high for him and I'd much rather have an experienced man at the helm who actually has the contacts to get things done.

I suppose it depends if you think promotion is seriously something we are in a position to attain, even if we had the best manager in the division in charge.

Based on our attendances, turnover and current ground, I really don't think it is.

I readily admit I wanted Millen sacked because even though I knew he inherited a shambles from quitter Coppell, after all those home defeats I was convinced he was taking us down, but if we finish anywhere around 14th now he'll have done a great job this season.

As for any longer in the future than that, who knows?

See, I see it differently, if he gets us to 14th with the squad we have I would still consider that poor as it wasn't too long before the season started there was talk about promotion etc and rightfully so. However with a bad run and very little tactical knowledge shown from Millen or the ability to turn things around we find ourselves fighting to stay in the league when the squad is far better than that.

People keep making out like we have a weak squad.... we don't! What we have is a lack of ability to gel it together, something that GJ did very well and hence we did a lot better under his leadership. I think the squad we have is easily good enough to take mid table or higher, it just needs the right man to guide it and to inspire it.

All of that aside I know Millen isn't the man to make us a stronger team and I know he'll never achieve what GJ did (play offs final) and it's that step that I want for the club I support hence until Millen proves me wrong which obviously won't happen this season then I'll continue to want a better quality of manager.

The difference being that Millen has no clue in what he's doing and keeps giving the same old out of a managers 101 book answers during interviews. He doesn't have a good contacts list, he's not started well and doesn't look to be improving in my eyes and saying that I don't know is hardly a good reason to keep him in as you don't know if he could be the reason we end up relegated and back in League One.

It may seem harsh to criticise him when he's only starting but a Championship Club with a large desire to move forward is far too high for him and I'd much rather have an experienced man at the helm who actually has the contacts to get things done.

See, I see it differently, if he gets us to 14th with the squad we have I would still consider that poor as it wasn't too long before the season started there was talk about promotion etc and rightfully so. However with a bad run and very little tactical knowledge shown from Millen or the ability to turn things around we find ourselves fighting to stay in the league when the squad is far better than that.

People keep making out like we have a weak squad.... we don't! What we have is a lack of ability to gel it together, something that GJ did very well and hence we did a lot better under his leadership. I think the squad we have is easily good enough to take mid table or higher, it just needs the right man to guide it and to inspire it.

All of that aside I know Millen isn't the man to make us a stronger team and I know he'll never achieve what GJ did (play offs final) and it's that step that I want for the club I support hence until Millen proves me wrong which obviously won't happen this season then I'll continue to want a better quality of manager.

Reading played15 0 3 4 2 8 31 4 12 16-10 13 -points

I'm sure Reading Fans we thinking the same and yet maybe even more worried seeing as their manager used to be head scout not even a coach! I know different scenario but it's so easy to say lets get a experienced manager etc... look where cop out got us. again not saying Millen will get us anywhere near we all dream but give the fella a chance before he has even a season managing us . A season is what I'd give any manager experience or not.Last season if Nicky Maynard was our manager we may of sacked him due to his barren run at one point! so easy to put all of the blame on the manager isn't it just.

Very dogmatic statements and I dont know how you can be so sure about Millen. You can't possibly know that he'll never get us to a play-off final or achieve what one of our previous manangers did. Give the guy a chance.

He's not got off the start he or the fans would have wanted but the green roots of growth have been seen in the last 4 games.

Remember that Danny Wilson took Barnsley into the PL when very inexperienced and both Di Matteo and Houghton did the same last season. When Hull won the play-off final they were struggling upto xmas that season. Then they went on a tremendous run. Its possible that Millen could lead City to do something similair - you just never know.

I agree with the people on here who don't understand why everything has to be either all rosey and fab or all doom and gloom.

Things should be about opinions and probably sit somewhere in between.

We win 2 games and some clowns are talking about play offs. We lose 2 games and some are talking about us ending up playing Barrow in a couple of years.

I personally don't believe Millen is the man to take us to success. I thought that when we made the panic move of putting him in charge on a 3 year deal and I still hold that opinion now.

I hope I am proved wrong. Whilst I don't think he is the right choice, I admire the man's commitment to the club and I will always support the team.

However just because we have taken a few points have these issues been fixed -

1) We still have an awful left back who is beaten time and again by decent right wingers - yet for reasons only ever known to Millen never gets dropped

2) We are playing a centre back 2 seasons past his best at right back. I reckon my nan could take him over 100 metres with a standing start

3) We still err on the side of being a route one side, instead of playing it through the middle.

These haven't been fixed and on another day Boro would have got two or three because of some of the standing off.

BUT

In saying all that, they didn't and you do make your own luck.

I mean lets be fair we were the luckiest team around to get to the play off finals - I can recall 5 games off the top of my head where we nailed 3 points and didn't deserve them.

We need to grab some momentum from these points, get more and more confidence and we won't go down.

But for heavens sake, all of a sudden Millen isn't Alex Ferguson and we still have serious issues at both full back positions.

Anyone still want Millen sacked? :dunno:

Just thought I'd ask.

After 1 win in 10 and letting in 3 goals every game while continuing to play a completely useless left back i did want him sacked, tbh 3 games on i haven't really changed my opinion but am willing to see how it goes, we shouldn't go overboard about the last 3 games, boro' are in freefall, QPR haven't won in 4 and Reading, on another day could of nicked a draw, those performances were workmanlike, no more, Millen seems to be a decent bloke and has been a good servant to the club and really hopes he proves me wrong.

To be honest I am really not surprised at how poor our defence is under Millen. I remember one away night at Brentford (not always a happy hunting ground for us) Wilson's under achievers played that night and to be honest you know what you are going to get at Brentford. At every set piece especially corners Millen whilst organising the defence passed the jolly green giant Ben Burgess onto Matt Hill to mark, I could'nt believe what I was witnessing and the inevitable happend we got dicked.

To be honest I am really not surprised at how poor our defence is under Millen. I remember one away night at Brentford (not always a happy hunting ground for us) Wilson's under achievers played that night and to be honest you know what you are going to get at Brentford. At every set piece especially corners Millen whilst organising the defence passed the jolly green giant Ben Burgess onto Matt Hill to mark, I could'nt believe what I was witnessing and the inevitable happend we got dicked.

I am, considering City conceded 65 goals last season. I don't think Millen was in charge then.......

City conceded 35 goals including a six, a five and a four conceded at AG last season as well as letting in numerous late goals, so poor defending goes back a long time. Millen has at least brought in Caulker and surely must be looking at the left back position.

As much as you dislike Millen the defensive problems of this season are not directly his fault.

I'm not, considering City conceded 65 goals last season. I don't think Millen was in charge then.......

City conceded 35 goals including a six, a five and a four conceded at AG last season as well as letting in numerous late goals, so poor defending goes back a long time. Millen has at least brought in Caulker and surely must be looking at the left back position.

As much as you dislike Millen the defensive problems of this season are not directly his fault.

So who was the coach when we conceded 65 goals? Who was the coach when we conceded 35 goals at home including a 6, a five and a four?. The late goals until recently have still plagued us as have too many penalties and you know for sure he is looking at the left back position.

According to you Millen has nothing to answer for at all. I have never said I dislike Millen but I have always felt as head coach over the past 2 years he is tarnished by our poor form as much as GJ.

I'm not, considering City conceded 65 goals last season. I don't think Millen was in charge then.......

I am pretty sure KM was assistant manager last season, and considering he was a defender in a past life......it may or may not be that he would have had a big input in to defensive duties............. having said that only a season or so earlier we had a very good defence!

So who was the coach when we conceded 65 goals? Who was the coach when we conceded 35 goals at home including a 6, a five and a four?. The late goals until recently have still plagued us as have too many penalties and you know for sure he is looking at the left back position.

According to you Millen has nothing to answer for at all. I have never said I dislike Millen but I have always felt as head coach over the past 2 years he is tarnished by our poor form as much as GJ.

So.....in your view Wigley is to blame for City's defensive problems? He is after all in the same position that Millen was in for most of last season. Thats right isn't it?

And.......Millen as yet does not have anything to answer for. Sure, City got off to a poor start but that was largely circumstancial. In recent games things have begun to improve. If anything, Millen deserves some credit for managing to get a team lacking in confidence now playing much better.

And......no you haven't said you dislike him, but I never once said that I disliked Johnson but many people assumed I did because of the content of some of the threads I posted.

So.....in your view Wigley is to blame for City's defensive problems? He is after all in the same position that Millen was in for most of last season. Thats right isn't it?

And.......Millen as yet does not have anything to answer for. Sure, City got off to a poor start but that was largely circumstancial. In recent games things have begun to improve. If anything, Millen deserves some credit for managing to get a team lacking in confidence now playing much better.

And......no you haven't said you dislike him, but I never once said that I disliked Johnson but many people assumed I did because of the content of some of the threads I posted.

Wigley has been here literally 5 minutes, Millen has been coach/assistant manager over 4 years FFS but according to you has no case to answer for past failures??

Can't understand the clamour for change. After the Coppell fiasco, opting for stability seemed pretty logical. The last 4 performances have been OK, and we have taken 7 points from 3 games. Before Coppell interfered, we did well under Millen at the end of last season, so let's just give the guy a chance. Hiring some 'big name' with a 'proven track record' guarantees you absolutely zilch, in fact the stats suggest that stability with managers is more likely to be successful than making continuous changes. From what i have seen he appears to be tactically astute (But does not always get it right), his signings have been OK, sometimes a bit cautious with substitutes, and he now seems to be motivating the players (Or was it lack of fitness early on?). I am convinced that the blip was caused by the suit and clipboard, and now those have gone, we will storm to mid-table safety.

I agree with the people on here who don't understand why everything has to be either all rosey and fab or all doom and gloom.

Things should be about opinions and probably sit somewhere in between.

We win 2 games and some clowns are talking about play offs. We lose 2 games and some are talking about us ending up playing Barrow in a couple of years.

I personally don't believe Millen is the man to take us to success. I thought that when we made the panic move of putting him in charge on a 3 year deal and I still hold that opinion now.

I hope I am proved wrong. Whilst I don't think he is the right choice, I admire the man's commitment to the club and I will always support the team.

However just because we have taken a few points have these issues been fixed -

1) We still have an awful left back who is beaten time and again by decent right wingers - yet for reasons only ever known to Millen never gets dropped

2) We are playing a centre back 2 seasons past his best at right back. I reckon my nan could take him over 100 metres with a standing start

3) We still err on the side of being a route one side, instead of playing it through the middle.

These haven't been fixed and on another day Boro would have got two or three because of some of the standing off.

BUT

In saying all that, they didn't and you do make your own luck.

I mean lets be fair we were the luckiest team around to get to the play off finals - I can recall 5 games off the top of my head where we nailed 3 points and didn't deserve them.

We need to grab some momentum from these points, get more and more confidence and we won't go down.

But for heavens sake, all of a sudden Millen isn't Alex Ferguson and we still have serious issues at both full back positions.

I'd agree with a lot of the above. That said, I'll be there on Saturday, barring disasters, and would love nothing better than to see another performance like the one we put up against QPR - even if that results in a draw rather than a win. If we are going to pull out of the bottom three and stay out then a decent unbeaten run, a few clean sheets and a bit of luck will be required.

I am, considering City conceded 65 goals last season. I don't think Millen was in charge then.......

you really are an argumentative sod.

You know, as well as I do, Keith Millen has been our defensive coach for a number of years now, therefore, when it comes to coaching the defence......the buck stops with him.

The fact you try to argue everyone elses point, even when its clear they have bloody good points, proves your on here for one reason, and one reason only.

Millen is, and has been, responsible for our defence for 5/6 years now at least.....and you know that, your not that thick. Your just arguing for arguments sake. Very sad indeed

You know, as well as I do, Keith Millen has been our defensive coach for a number of years now, therefore, when it comes to coaching the defence......the buck stops with him.

Millen is, and has been, responsible for our defence for 5/6 years now at least.....and you know that, your not that thick. Your just arguing for arguments sake.

You'll probably see this reply as 'arguementative' but in fact Millen was number 2 which is a role which incorporates every aspect of management - not just the defence although that would be part of the role. Two seasons ago City were far tighter at the back.

The bottom line is that Johnson was in charge and if he didn't agree with something then it didn't happen. We'll never know what discussions he and Johnson had about City's defensive frailties but its likely Millen had his own idea's which he can now have free reign with implementing them.

I liked him on a personal level. I didn't like his style as a manager.

But it doesn't matter - its all history.

You know about his managment style for certain? You know all the facts? not just the rumours?

Spoke first hand to all the players did you?

No?. So why speculate about a situation that you know nothing about.

You know about his managment style for certain? You know all the facts? not just the rumours?

:rofl2br:

Yes.

Not all, but some.

Speculating?

I don't see any point in another 'discussion' about one of our previous managers so it ends here as far as I'm concerned. As I said before - its all history.

You'll probably see this reply as 'arguementative' but in fact Millen was number 2 which is a role which incorporates every aspect of management - not just the defence although that would be part of the role. Two seasons ago City were far tighter at the back.

The bottom line is that Johnson was in charge and if he didn't agree with something then it didn't happen. We'll never know what discussions he and Johnson had about City's defensive frailties but its likely Millen had his own idea's which he can now have free reign with implementing them.

time will tell my friend........so far, Millies "own ideas" has seen some bizarre tactical decisions that have left us in the relegation zone. The last 3 performances and results have been a massive improvement on the dross he and the squad have dished up so far this season, so I hope, I pray......your right.

The problem is, people like you will see coming somewhere like 16th, as an achievement....as if Millen has been some sort of success. I personally dont. Success is progress in my eyes, and anything less then a top 10/12 finish can be seen as a failure.......harsh> maybe.....but thats how I feel.

As i said, the last 3 games have been a massive improvement....but I still think if we are ever to push top 6 again, it will be without Millen

Archived