IGNORED

So Who Wants Millen Sacked Now?

Robbored

Nowhere near 90% of fans wanted Millen sacked despite the poor start to the season. More like 50% overall. The other 50% realised what a difficult situation Millen had inherited and that he needed time to turn things around. Despite the awfull results that 50% did not react in a knee jerk manner.

I don't know where you get your figures from but the most recent poll on here, this very month, does not back them up.

364 (70.13%) wanted KM sacked.

94 (18.11%) said not yet.

Just 61 (11.75%) said they wanted him to stay.

You could say that polls on here are not representative. I'd have to agree with you on that because not one City fan I spoke to up to the last week or so wanted Millen to stay.

Anyway, things have certainly improved over the last 3 games and we are all grateful for that.

However we are still in the bottom 3 and the improvement must be sustained.

It was never a 50/50 split or anything like it. The vast majority had severe doubts about KM and it would be nonsense to suggest it was just a few 'moaners' forever repeating themselves on here.

We all want Keith Millen to do well, and for BCFC to thrive, so let's hope the recent upturn continues and he does well enough to earn the faith of the majority as the season unfolds.

I don't think this is a silly post. I have had loads of texts from city fans that i know stating that unless Millen is sacked we would be relegated by January etc etc. I stated on here before the Reading game that i could see us getting at least 4 points from the next 2 games ( reading and QPR ) because i could see the improvment. Whenever a new manager comes in it takes time and i hated seeing some of the rubbish that got sent to me and what i read on here, so it is a case of told you so as you could see it coming and the abuse on here was unjust

I personally didint see any great improvement expect Pompey away which I believe, somewhat strangely, coincided with our switch to 3-5-2.

I think it's a silly post because I cannot imagine that anyone would suggest sacking Millen at this point in time, even if they had been doing so for large portions of the season.

Right, lets get this straight we are still in relegation. No question, we are playing better as a team, we are still dodgy at the back and opposing teams seem to have more possesion at the end of a game. Millen STILL hasnt found a creative midfielder nor a good quality left back because macca isnt someone to rely on and we really arent creating that much without our wingers. Millen hasnt got us out of the mess we are still in and till we are out of it i wont be settled.

Right, lets get this straight we are still in relegation. No question, we are playing better as a team, we are still dodgy at the back and opposing teams seem to have more possesion at the end of a game. Millen STILL hasnt found a creative midfielder nor a good quality left back because macca isnt someone to rely on and we really arent creating that much without our wingers. Millen hasnt got us out of the mess we are still in and till we are out of it i wont be settled.

With respect, where do you think he is going to find a creative midfielder or a qualitiy left back now. He is only going to go with the squad his has at least until the Jan transfer window unless he can find a loan player and all clubs are looking for those. He has done really well in bringing Rose and Caulker here.

He is working his socks off to get this club up the table and with the backing of the supporters I am sure he will succeed .

With respect, where do you think he is going to find a creative midfielder or a qualitiy left back now. He is only going to go with the squad his has at least until the Jan transfer window unless he can find a loan player and all clubs are looking for those. He has done really well in bringing Rose and Caulker here.

He is working his socks off to get this club up the table and with the backing of the supporters I am sure he will succeed .

Im not doubting that he is not working his socks off but he could of tryed to get a central midfielder instead of rose ( even though he is class) actually i take the central midfielder bit back 'cause lee johnson has been on fire lately and i think that he could probs fill it out (yn)

People, myself included, were questionning Millen after he oversaw one win in ten matches, continued to switch personnel and formation and really looked like he had little clue, adopting a splatter gun approach. As it is we have seen a turn around in form and Millen, along with the players, should be credited for it.

I bet you can't spot the irony in this statement.

Correct me, but do I properly understand this thread?

Because we have 7 points from the last 9, the manager is now brilliant, and we are going to be promoted this season?

The league table says we are in a relegation spot, we have a crap goal difference, and we have won once at home this season.

BUT! We have one two out of the last three, so we are saved?

OK, now I understand. Can't argue against logic of this quality........

:winner_third_h4h:

Champoins League HERE WE COME!!

P.S. How much will we have to shell out to get Messi to the Gate?

"Go Keith, go!!"

I was at the game yesterday. We played on the Counter attack. They had more possession. Both teams looked poor. A very dull game. The result, and Elliots goal were the only exciting points. That's about it really. Both teams played like relegation candidates. It will be interesting to see whether Mowbrey can turn their fortunes around. It will be ironic if they stay up, and we don't, if we keep hold of KM.

The results from the last 3 games have been good, but i still don't think KM is the right man to take this Club forward for the next 2 years.

Listened to the local radio station on the way home. Very little spoken about City. Mostly about Mowbrey. A draw would have been a fair result on teams performances.

A win against a team who are almost as dire as us doesn't make Millen the man for the job.

If you can hand on heart tell me you think Millen will EVER get a Championship team into the Premier League then I'll say he's the man I want at the helm but the blatant truth is he won't even if you give him 10 years in control.

• Admin

Correct me, but do I properly understand this thread?

Because we have 7 points from the last 9, the manager is now brilliant, and we are going to be promoted this season?

The league table says we are in a relegation spot, we have a crap goal difference, and we have won once at home this season.

BUT! We have one two out of the last three, so we are saved?

OK, now I understand. Can't argue against logic of this quality........

Champoins League HERE WE COME!!

P.S. How much will we have to shell out to get Messi to the Gate?

"Go Keith, go!!"

Taxi for Rennie, I think you need to get your calculator out.

Just a few games ago we were heading for relegation but now with 7 points from the last 3 games, if we extrapolate this over the remaining 32 games we will finish on 87 or 88 points (curiously my calculator reckons we'll actually pick up 0.6666667 of a point from somewhere) which is usually enough for automatic promotion to the Premier League.

Not only that but if we then extrapolate it a further 38 games to encompass next year's PL season, we will finish on 88(.66667) points which may even be enough to win the PL at Chelsea's expense.

I'm just hoping that some Jonny-cum-lately doesn't nab my seat for the home leg of the CL semi against Barcelona the year after :fingerscrossed:

A win against a team who are almost as dire as us doesn't make Millen the man for the job.

If you can hand on heart tell me you think Millen will EVER get a Championship team into the Premier League then I'll say he's the man I want at the helm but the blatant truth is he won't even if you give him 10 years in control.

So harsh to just brand Millen in that way all managers have to start somewhere I'm not claiming he will be our next manager for us to get to the prem but you don't know. Look at Reading quite interesting that Brian McDermott too had been at the club for ten years before taking the managers job is just one many examples that managers that come from nowhere.

GO?dunno.gifKeith.... GO? speechless-smiley-040.gifdunno.gif

A smiling - even triumphantly happy - assassin after 7 points out of 9?

Talk about putting the boot in when a man is up.disapointed2se.gif

Hang-on, A few more icons, first.....

:handbags::pacifier::rofl2br::drunk2:

Right, down to the point.

Ahem, :preacher:

Of course I understand the thread point. If we lose three games, everyone shouts for the managers head. We win a few games, so everyone thinks things are OK.

Millen, however was appointed as a knee-jerk, easy option after the Coppell debarcle. No-one thought it was going to be easy picking up the pieces after Coppell decided to scapa, and it must have been difficult picking up the players.

The problem with the season so far (I say this as BCFC currently sit in a relegation place, with a shit goal difference), is not simply the results, but the manner of the defeats, particularly at home. Any group of fans would find this difficult or unacceptable. Whilst things have been undeniably difficult, he have also spent a bit of money on new players, fees and wages. We are not running the club on a shoestring.

The last four games have been an improvement - but lets not kid ourselves - we have scraped our results, and not won by a margin in any game. We could easily have lost the last three. Boro could have had us 4-1 down on saturday by half-time.

Credit to Keith and the lads for the last three results, but our form is still very fragile, and we have not played a team on thier game for some time - neither Cardiff or QPR were anywhere near thier best.

The fact we want Keith and the team to do well is not the same as having any expectation that we are in for anything other than a long hard slog for mid table respectability.

Eyes wide open.

No play-offs or big FA Cup run this year........

:bored:

Just a few games ago we were heading for relegation but now with 7 points from the last 3 games, if we extrapolate this over the remaining 32 games we will finish on 87 or 88 points (curiously my calculator reckons we'll actually pick up 0.6666667 of a point from somewhere) which is usually enough for automatic promotion to the Premier League.

Not only that but if we then extrapolate it a further 38 games to encompass next year's PL season, we will finish on 88(.66667) points which may even be enough to win the PL at Chelsea's expense.

I'm just hoping that some Jonny-cum-lately doesn't nab my seat for the home leg of the CL semi against Barcelona the year after :fingerscrossed:

An excellent example of logic, and the use of statistics to prove utter, utter bull-shit.

Good work!

:rofl2br:

Hang-on, A few more icons, first.....

:handbags::pacifier::rofl2br::drunk2:

Right, down to the point.

Ahem, :preacher:

Of course I understand the thread point. If we lose three games, everyone shouts for the managers head. We win a few games, so everyone thinks things are OK.

Millen, however was appointed as a knee-jerk, easy option after the Coppell debarcle. No-one thought it was going to be easy picking up the pieces after Coppell decided to scapa, and it must have been difficult picking up the players.

The problem with the season so far (I say this as BCFC currently sit in a relegation place, with a shit goal difference), is not simply the results, but the manner of the defeats, particularly at home. Any group of fans would find this difficult or unacceptable. Whilst things have been undeniably difficult, he have also spent a bit of money on new players, fees and wages. We are not running the club on a shoestring.

The last four games have been an improvement - but lets not kid ourselves - we have scraped our results, and not won by a margin in any game. We could easily have lost the last three. Boro could have had us 4-1 down on saturday by half-time.

Credit to Keith and the lads for the last three results, but our form is still very fragile, and we have not played a team on thier game for some time - neither Cardiff or QPR were anywhere near thier best.

The fact we want Keith and the team to do well is not the same as having any expectation that we are in for anything other than a long hard slog for mid table respectability.

Eyes wide open.

:bored:

I have sometimes thought to myself a lot too, oh we they were on form they would of scored a handful or if we were playing a stronger team etc... but the fact is we have played some decent teams and won so we must be doing something right. I agree though it is such a pointless thread based on a few games and posters trying to get the higher ground on one another. I think we need to see where we are at Christmas. I personally think Millen has enough in him to get us out of the relegation zone by Christmas and I'd be happy with that for now.

I suppose it depends if you think promotion is seriously something we are in a position to attain, even if we had the best manager in the division in charge.

Based on our attendances, turnover and current ground, I really don't think it is.

I readily admit I wanted Millen sacked because even though I knew he inherited a shambles from quitter Coppell, after all those home defeats I was convinced he was taking us down, but if we finish anywhere around 14th now he'll have done a great job this season.

As for any longer in the future than that, who knows?

I was at the game yesterday. We played on the Counter attack. They had more possession. Both teams looked poor. A very dull game. The result, and Elliots goal were the only exciting points. That's about it really. Both teams played like relegation candidates. It will be interesting to see whether Mowbrey can turn their fortunes around. It will be ironic if they stay up, and we don't, if we keep hold of KM.

The results from the last 3 games have been good, but i still don't think KM is the right man to take this Club forward for the next 2 years.

Listened to the local radio station on the way home. Very little spoken about City. Mostly about Mowbrey. A draw would have been a fair result on teams performances.

Were you the one sat right behind me slagging off Haynes constantly throughout? Sounds like you.

Could have, should have, would have on another day.

So what if the opposition weren't at their best? neither were City.

Eyes wide open.

Another glass half empty poster. I hope you come back on here after City reach the 5th round of the FA Cup and are on the fringe of the pray-offs.

I bet you can't spot the irony in this statement.

No afraid not.

Unless you're suggesting that I am wrong in thinking we looked all over the place before the last three games?

Let's just all be happy for a fantastic result.

I think 'Robbored' is good value, I cant say I agree with him a great deal but he is a valued character for the forum.

I just think it's a shame this thread exists as, whatever your opinion of the manager, we should all be thrilled with the past three games and congratulating the players and manager for our turnaround in form.

Anyone still want Millen sacked? :dunno:

Just thought I'd ask.

Oh I expect somewhere out there is a complete tool who for some reason would like to see it happen.

Perhaps someone with their own agenda, or someone that holds a personnal grudge. Some one maybe that lost some power because of him.

Maybe someone who's bluff was called once, twice, or three times.

Just possible that some complete pillock who even if we got to the playoff final would still not be happy. :dunno:

Just thought I'd say.

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

We've won the Championship and the Premier League and you still won't take up the early bird ST offer. disapointed2se.gif

Archived