IGNORED

Moaners Pack Yer Bags

southvillekiddy

Well I was there and it was a TOTALLY deserved win......

We stopped their wingers stone dead by doubling up and it could have been an even clearer win if we would have scored with 1 of the 3 free headers we had in the 2nd half.

Yes, they had their chances but not as many as we had and our workrate was MUCH better than theirs, perhaps the Derby took it out of them.

If we show the same passion/workrate and determination we wil have no probs this season.

BCAGFC

Very happy with the recent run, clearly there has been a massive improvement.

The strange thing is about this season when you look at the points we gained away from home, they were against really difficult sides and many of the points we dropped at home were to teams we would normally have expected to win against.

It is a bit odd indeed- Burnley away, didn't expect much joy there. Point. Middlesborough (who are mostly at the bottom due to their away record- 1 point on the road until last night)- win, Doncaster away. Whereas at home ordinarily- 7-9 pts from Millwall, Barnsley and Preston,...2. There was a stage where our away record was superior by some distance- at least in terms of sound defence to our home record this year. In terms of pts too. Now though the gap has narrowed we do seem to do better on the road still- vs harder sides too, than at times at home vs relatively easier sides (on paper at least). Actually scratch that, our away record is still superior to our home record- more scored, less conceded and nearly double the points, though the gap will surely narrow.

What? I mean seriously, What?

Very very poor is not how I would describe us after being unbeaten for 5 games, and having done bloody well against those teams above us of late, but I suppose for some, nothing is ever good enough :disapointed2se:

Here's an idea, just for once try to say something positive and be happy about a result.

Very very good results lately. After the big problems we had in the early season I admire KM and the squad. As long as everyone keep fighting Im always behind the team. Some people says we are lucky, but without luck you cant win. The work with the defence have progressed. Think know DJ is comfortable in our club, whitch is important . Looking forward to go over and watch the Leicestergame. Always keep the faith

What? I mean seriously, What?

Very very poor is not how I would describe us after being unbeaten for 5 games, and having done bloody well against those teams above us of late, but I suppose for some, nothing is ever good enough :disapointed2se:

Here's an idea, just for once try to say something positive and be happy about a result.

to be fair, he wasnt describing us as being very very poor, he was describing us as still being in a very poor position....which, we are. We are out of the relegation zone by 1 point, so lets not get to carried away just yet. The next 3 games, especially the two homes games, will literally shape our season.

Saying that, credit where credit is due, 1 month ago I literally said Millen had to go no matter what, Ive taken a slice of humble pie at the minute and have it on my plate.....I wont start eating it yet though, still a long way to go

I was one of those who wanted a change not just because of the results but because millen to me looked tactically clueless, I also said I would love to be proved wrong as if I was it would mean city would not go down. Millen has gone some way to prove I was wrong and long may it continue. Let's hope for another 3 points on sat.

I wanted some one of a higher profile as the replacement for copout. But Millen has all goods to succeed, did think he would got blown out at the poor start.

He's improved the team slowly with some great results and some unlucky ones.

The 1st 10 games was the preseason the players didn't get after that knob copout.

We are still a few players off of a good team, hopefully in Jan we can off load a few and bring the right ones in.

We are all fickle that's the city way it will never change, we could be in man u's position and we will still winge like a bitch.

up the city!

unbeaten in 5 yes but one defeat and we're back in the bottom 3,

perfomance have been worse then they ever were under johnson and Keith has yet to prove to me that he has what it takes to be a manager,

I'd still give him time but perfomnaces have been unconvincing and we're still conciding poor goals and look disjointed,

in other words I'm sat on the fence

performances have been worse then they ever were under johnson ,

You are joking, right? :dunno:

Over the last 5 games Millen has the team moving in the the right direction. For almost two seasons under Johnson City had ground to halt and stagnated. Watching City play back then was like watching paint dry.

Over the last 5 games Millen has the team moving in the the right direction. For almost two seasons under Johnson City had ground to halt and stagnated. Watching City play

back then was like watching paint dry.

Take the blinkers off, the style of football is the same. Get a goal up, pack the midfield, try and hold on for the win. You can't deny that.

Over the last 5 games Millen has the team moving in the the right direction. For almost two seasons under Johnson City had ground to halt and stagnated. Watching City play back then was like watching paint dry.

We are moving in the right direction......but as said, lets not got to carried away with ourselves. People on here were criticised when they wanted Millen sacked, with comments like "its only been 10 games"....well, its only been 5 games now, the next 3 games (especially the two home games), are massive and will shape our season.

I would love to come on here end of April and say "Robbo, you were right all along"....but like I said, its still early days.

Credit where credits due at the bit though

Completely unexpected win tonight, so credit where credit's due and a big pat on the back to Millen, his staff and the squad.

Encouraging signs, but I'm not popping the champagne corks yet. I was not in favour of Millen at the outset and, so far, he hasn't done anything to change my mind.

It has been mildly amusing to me, that some of the pro-Millen camp and the critics waste no time goading each other on this forum - we win and the pro-Millen camp post threads like this - we lose and its the critics turn.

But generally, I'm becoming extremely bored of this back biting and it serves no purpose other than to pit City fan against City fan. I even surprised myself tonight by actually reading and replying to this thread!

In summary, a good result, and we ALL hope it can continue, but let's give these worthless back-biting threads a rest, eh?

Agree with a lot of this mate. I started the thread tongue-in-cheek. But I do respect Millen, not least for sorting out all the messes other people have dropped him in.

But I've said before on here before that Bristolians are the world's biggest moaners (I know this because I am a Bristolian)

Don't think we'll ever get anywhere long-term, Premier League or new Stadium, until we try harder to overcome our very unattractive habit of congratulating the biggest moaners amongst us.

We are moving in the right direction......but as said, lets not got to carried away with ourselves. People on here were criticised when they wanted Millen sacked, with comments like "its only been 10 games"....well, its only been 5 games now, the next 3 games (especially the two home games), are massive and will shape our season.

I would love to come on here end of April and say "Robbo, you were right all along"....but like I said, its still early days.

Credit where credits due at the bit though

You're quite right Andy. It's a shame this forum is full of so much 'I told you so', which almost borders on a witch-hunt. People either accept diversity of opinion or you can live by some Stalinist rules, whereby everyone follows the party line.

Personally speaking, when Keith was first appointed I was open-minded and 10 games later I thought he should go. However, where I saw mess and confusion was evidently the formation of some sort of playing style and ideology. I'm surprised and happy that things have improved. I certainly didn't see it coming and it shows that no matter how much you think you know about football it still surprises you.

I'm cautiously optimistic right now, but it's still far too early to start blowing the 'I'm right' trumpet.

and why not! Onwards and upwards I say. Unless you would like to continue the campaign to drag us back down again with this inappropriate, negative trash that we see all too often on here!

You can't just forget all the games before the last 5 - these are the games people were commenting on when they voiced their concerns about a rookie manager's capabilities when City were bottom of the league, losing heavily, playing badly with dubious tactics, and looking to be in unstoppable freefall.

The fact that we have done so much better over the last 5 games does not make those posters wrong, or 'moaners' - they were giving their opinions on the state of the club at the time which is exactly what this forum is for.

Those who, for whatever reason, had unshakeable faith in KM have not been proved right at this stage either. They might feel triumphant at the moment, but in 2 or 3 weeks it may all be different again and they are certainly in no position to crow at the many doubters while City remain in a precariously dangerous position in the table.

Calling people's honestly held opinions 'negative trash' because they do not concur with your own is ridiculous - if you feel vindicated in your opinion of KM now then they have every reason to feel equally vindicated in their opinion of him then - no one could have realistically expected this turnaround, and things looked very bleak indeed.

We'll see what happens over the next few games but it shouldn't be forgotten that almost every Millen doubter gave very good arguments for their uneasiness and almost without exception said how the wanted him to succeed as City manager. They just saw no indication in our performances that indicated he would.

As things stand today City are thankfully doing much, much better with results that almost nobody would have predicted, but that doesn't mean anybody has been proved right or wrong as regards KM.

There are (belated) signs now that KM can organise the City team and get the results necessary to maintain our Championship status but the concerns voiced a few weeks ago were absolutely valid.

Well done to KM and the team for the recent run and last night's result, and long may such performances continue.

Blimey win a game and we are now brazil going to the prem,

loose on saturday and millen is a joke and should be sacked,

Get some perspective people, this season has been a shambles so far, We are now grinding out results which is good news,

personally don't rate or understand Millen who like johnson panics when we go 1-0 up,

We held on last night for a brilliant result, but lets not get carried away, I think this is the best squad we have had for ages and I would like to see millen instill that belief in this team and let them express themselves, we are a good team playing with our tails between our legs, frightened to deaf of losing and not going for it,

come on Karen Millen give this team some free spirit we could be really good,

But great result last night.

You're quite right Andy. It's a shame this forum is full of so much 'I told you so', which almost borders on a witch-hunt. People either accept diversity of opinion or you can live by some Stalinist rules, whereby everyone follows the party line.

Personally speaking, when Keith was first appointed I was open-minded and 10 games later I thought he should go. However, where I saw mess and confusion was evidently the formation of some sort of playing style and ideology. I'm surprised and happy that things have improved. I certainly didn't see it coming and it shows that no matter how much you think you know about football it still surprises you.

I'm cautiously optimistic right now, but it's still far too early to start blowing the 'I'm right' trumpet.

Just as I see it, I posted that I wanted him to do well but thought change was needed. I'm pleased for Keith and the squad that the change has come from within. Big fan of Jon Stead and the end product from Aberlts run last nice was first class. More of the same please lads.

Take the blinkers off, the style of football is the same. Get a goal up, pack the midfield, try and hold on for the win. You can't deny that.

City's league position is still fragile and its entirely understandable that Millen would want to protect any lead City might have. Points are even more crucial when your're in the drop zone.

When City get at least 10 points above the drop zone I'm sure we'll see Millen going to kill off games rather than 'holding on'.

As for the style of football being the same - have you actually watched any live games this season? Have you not noticed that Millen plays with two wingers that inject pace into the team? Thats something Johnson rarely, if ever, did.

Any body who saw the performance against PNE would not of expected us to turnover Swansea on their own patch,lets be honest, but we did so well done and the three points are greatly appreciated.

But lets not get carried away and pretend we're out the woods just yet, we are fast approaching mid-November and we still only have ONE home win to our name, 11 of our 17 points have came away the Gate.

Point being if we are not to be embroiled in a season long battle with relegation we need to reinforce the recent magnificent away performances with solid home displays! otherwise it's just two steps forward then two back.

Remember home matches are your bread and butter and the only matches 90% of supporters see.

I've been to every home game and yes we may have to wingers but we're still lunching the ball up front and expect our strikers to get somthing out of nothing,

PNE we were very lucky, I had more fun watching us lose to Cardiff last season then watching the performance we put in against watford,

There is still alot of work to do and I don't think Millen has the tactical nonse to keep it going, We have no plan B and are conciding at an alarming rate,

Things are get better yes but there is a long way to go,

7 points of the play-offs 3 points off relegation, Next 5 games are vital and if Keith guides us through them with another few wins and draws (and I really hope he does as he's a cracking man) then you can start having ago at the moaners,

Lets just keep getting behind the team

Any body who saw the performance against PNE would not of expected us to turnover Swansea on their own patch,lets be honest, but we did so well done and the three points are greatly appreciated.

But lets not get carried away and pretend we're out the woods just yet, we are fast approaching mid-November and we still only have ONE home win to our name, 11 of our 17 points have came away the Gate.

Point being if we are not to be embroiled in a season long battle with relegation we need to reinforce the recent magnificent away performances with solid home displays! otherwise it's just two steps forward then two back.

Remember home matches are your bread and butter and the only matches 90% of supporters see.

Keith himself made it clear after the Preston game that he thought the first half performance was down to the players thinking exactly that. I trust he reminds them of that complacency before the Leeds game and more so before the next home game. As you imply most people's view is coloured by home performances as that is all they see and ours have been largely dreadful. After Reading and QPR it was very disappointing to slip back into bad habits against Preston. We cannot afford to take one step forward and two steps back. After thrashing around in what seemed a state of panic, chopping and changing and trying to be too clever tactically Keith seems to have settled on a straightforward way of playing (let's face it even the best British players don't handle sophisticated tactics well). Gone are the faintly ludicrous public pronouncements to be replaced by level headed realism. Perhaps we should take his example. Don't think you will hear him talking about the playoffs just yet.

Archived