IGNORED

Gary Johnson

ralphindevon

"funny under johnson our defence wasn't the problem it was attack"

What?

City conceded 65 goals last season, 34 at AG including a 0-6 thrashing by Cardiff. Forgot that did you?

2009-10... 56 goals scored in 46 games at 1.21 goals per game

2009-10... 65 goals conceded in 46 games at 1.41 goals per game

-0.20 goals per game

2010-11... 31 goals scored in 25 games 1.24 goals per game

2010-11... 37 goals conceded in 25 games at 1.48 goals per game

-0.24 goals per game

So scoring more but conceding more and a greater deficit.

Plus, its worth noting that Johnson has lost both of his last two jobs but still manages to avoid 'sacked' on his CV. Clever that.

Either you're being purposefully ignorant or you (somehow) won't have noticed how many managers have left with 'mutual consent' on their CV this season.

Either you're being purposefully ignorant or you (somehow) won't have noticed how many managers have left with 'mutual consent' on their CV this season.

Not that many is it?

Just the ones I can think of:

Sam Allardyce - sacked.

Roy Hogson - sacked.

Phil Parkinson - sacked.

Roy Keane - sacked.

George Burley - sacked.

Trollope - sacked.

Coppell - resigned.

Chris Hutchings (Walsall) - sacked.

Kevin Dillin (Aldershot) - sacked.

Gordon Strachan - sacked.

Chris Hughton - sacked.

Brian Laws - sacked.

Gary Speed - resigned.

Micky Adams - resigned.

I cant think of any others that have gone by mutual consent.

A five minute delve easily finds a few others...

Roy Hogson - "mutual consent" http://www.liverpool...es-liverpool-fc.

Roy Keane - "amicable termination" http://www.itfc.co.u...2260582,00.html

Kevin Dillin (Aldershot) - "mutual agreement" http://www.theshots....ershot50531.ink

Gordon Strachan - "mutual consent" http://www.mfc.co.uk...o_70638_2188710

The P'Boro Chairman is a prize ****t. He and Barry Fry need a "yes man", clearly GJ is no such thing.

With Malky McKay likely to leave Watford soon, expect GJ to be one of the favourites for the Watford job. He has a long history with them; and I am sure he would fit everybody's bill there.

Sounds like Gary 'my way or the highway' Johnson bit off more than he could chew at Posh and ended up backing himself in to a corner.

He was not popular with many of the fans players or his employers.

TBH I didn't like the ways of the bloke when he was here with all his spin and lack of ability to take responsibility. Not to mention the nepotism! but whilst he was successful for the fist half of his tenure I supported him. He should of left us 18 months earliar than he actually did...

Maybe Gary had his best day with us and that will be the pinnacle of an average career for an average manager.

Where now for the Massiah?............

A five minute delve easily finds a few others...

Roy Hogson - "mutual consent" http://www.liverpool...es-liverpool-fc.

Roy Keane - "amicable termination" http://www.itfc.co.u...2260582,00.html

Kevin Dillin (Aldershot) - "mutual agreement" http://www.theshots....ershot50531.ink

Gordon Strachan - "mutual consent" http://www.mfc.co.uk...o_70638_2188710

All of the above were sacked in reality.

Official statements on club websites are just part of the compensation package when a manager is sacked.

Contrary to what Robbored says there is nothing clever about Johnson having 2 mutual consents to his name, nobody really believes that do they.

Genuinely shocked and disappointed that a man who did so much for our club is being talked of in such a bad way by some people.

Where would we be now if he hadn't eradicated the drinking culture and took us up? Probably still struggling in League One.

Tell me about it!

we may have been getting excited over the fact that rovers may be joining us in league two.

Genuinely shocked and disappointed that a man who did so much for our club is being talked of in such a bad way by some people.

He got us promoted from league 1 and then nearly took us back again...

Where would we be now if he hadn't eradicated the drinking culture and took us up? Probably still struggling in League One.

That is pure conjecture on your part and something we will never know.

He got us promoted from league 1 and then nearly took us back again...

Failing to remember a few facts then?

Almost took us to the Premier League.

Massively improved our clubs stature during that season.

Got us promoted from League One.

Got rid of the drinking culture that had held us back for years.

Continued our tradition that we've never finished outside of the top half of the table since 1999.

And despite the fact you say he nearly took us back to League One, at no point during his reign were we in or even very close to the relegation spots.

Now try again.

funny under johnson our defence wasn't the problem it was attack,

You just don't like him get over it, he did more for this club then all the managers we had combined since alan dicks

UTTER RUBBISH.

Have you forgot what Terry Cooper did for us at a time when we had to survive with part timers and YTS players, if it wasn't for TC we most certainly wouldn't be here now.

Continued our tradition that we've never finished outside of the top half of the table since 1999.

And despite the fact you say he nearly took us back to League One, at no point during his reign were we in or even very close to the relegation spots.

Now try again.

Very good points...........except for the last one.....

We were VERY, VERY, VERY close to the bottom 3 and but for the scrappy 1-0 win at Palarse would have been even closer.

There is no doubt that Gary Johnson did wonders for this club but he was VERY, VERY close to undoing all his hard work due to blind loyalty to some players, tactical naivety & baffling substitutions.

BCAGFC

Now try again.

I don't need too.

He did not get us to the Prem because he got it all wrong on the day . In fact we were awful because Gary was out of his depth and has come too far too quickly. I promise you Gary will never ever come as close to managing in the Prem again, that was his chance and he blew it .

We were only going one way come the end of Johnsons tenure in charge! Like i said he ran out of ideals 18 months previous to his departure.

See you need to understand that Gary runs his dressing room like a drill sergeant, thats all good and well when your winning and everyone is pulling in the same direction, but if results are not great people quickly grow frustrated with his ways.

What do you think the bust up at Plymouth was all about? Players had enough of the bully boys tactics and abuse.

johnson was only incharge for half a season so that 64 has to be halfed which equals 32 better the teflon keef's record

actually it's 65 league goals conceded, plus 3 in cup competition, In the nine games Millen took charge we conceded 10 goal and scored 14, not exactly half eh!

So I guess that leave 58 goals in 39 games down to GJ.

I don't need too.

He did not get us to the Prem because he got it all wrong on the day . In fact we were awful because Gary was out of his depth and has come too far too quickly. I promise you Gary will never ever come as close to managing in the Prem again, that was his chance and he blew it .

We were only going one way come the end of Johnsons tenure in charge! Like i said he ran out of ideals 18 months previous to his departure.

See you need to understand that Gary runs his dressing room like a drill sergeant, thats all good and well when your winning and everyone is pulling in the same direction, but if results are not great people quickly grow frustrated with his ways.

What do you think the bust up at Plymouth was all about? Players had enough of the bully boys tactics and abuse.

what would you of done differently on the day?

He didnt nearly take us back down. When he left we were 15th. Something we haven't been above for a good while this season and we had 45 points with 9 games left.

Who wouldn't take that position right now? I would.

We needed 3 points from 9 games to avoid relegation when Johnson left. Hardly a difficult thing to achieve.

It was time for Johnson to go but the way some fans slag him off on here and defend players who piss their money up the wall and don't give 100% when a manager tells them to need to think who the real vilains are.

Very good points...........except for the last one.....

We were VERY, VERY, VERY close to the bottom 3 and but for the scrappy 1-0 win at Palarse would have been even closer.

There is no doubt that Gary Johnson did wonders for this club but he was VERY, VERY close to undoing all his hard work due to blind loyalty to some players, tactical naivety & baffling substitutions.

BCAGFC

15th position with 9 games to go and only 3 points needed to stay up. How is that very very close?

I don't need too.

You must be a sag in disguise. If not I'd be quite happy if you could go well away from my club. Absolute nonsense, full of emphasising his flaws and remaining massively ignorant and ungreatful for what he did achieve here. You are embarrassing.

You must be a sag in disguise. If not I'd be quite happy if you could go well away from my club. Absolute nonsense, full of emphasising his flaws and remaining massively ignorant and ungreatful for what he did achieve here. You are embarrassing.

Agree. Apart from a few with their own agenda, the majority of supporters view his managerial time as the best for at least 25 years and after watching the 2nd half shambles on saturday a bit of his dictatorial manner wouldnt go amiss.

funny under johnson our defence wasn't the problem it was attack,

You just don't like him get over it, he did more for this club then all the managers we had combined since alan dicks

He inherited a very good forward line at peterborough, I think his problem is more with the transfer market, good luck to him, glad hes not at City anymore, but I wish all the best.

everyone can agree his time was up he had lost the dressing room, thats not the point its the failure of some fans to aknowledge the good he did at this club and the simple fact that if he wasn't our manager I doubt we'd be in the championship

Archived