IGNORED

Gary Johnson

ralphindevon

interesting tweet fro Darren Byfield - ''Gary Johnson sacked from Peterboro, all i can say is that what goes around comes about''

meaning that him and Gj fell out? or?

I reckon Darren Byfield was one of Gary Johnson's best signings. We were flying high in the Championship in our first season back thanks to Darren Byfield's goals.

Always thought GJ working for Fry was a bit unlikely to work, it seemed a strange job for him to take at the time as his stock was a bit higher I felt. Good luck to him, I am sure he would have been successful there with a chairman who had a clue and will be again in future.

The Posh Forum. Maybe time to thank the good heavens we have Lansdown and not MacAnthony/Fry in charge. PUFC fans are spitting feathers.

Very true. The pathetic way the club announced the departure of Gary showed a complete lack of class:-

"It was mutually agreed that Gary Johnson and Peterborough United Football Club Ltd part company. The Manager and Chairman could not see eye to eye on policy."

That is it. What a bunch of gutless, arrogant and childish people at the top of that crappo club. I hope they fall down the table like a stone and get relegated.

Gary deserves a whole lot better than that for his tenure; in which he sees them sitting 7th; not bad for a small club only months after the gut wrench of relegation.

Wish him all the best and for sure he will find a club with a tad more class than the bumbling oaf's of peterbro.

No surprise to see Johnson critised for his use of the loan system or critised for his defence not being being able to defend...Deja vue or what?

Plus, its worth noting that Johnson has lost both of his last two jobs but still manages to avoid 'sacked' on his CV. Clever that.

No surprise to see Johnson critised for his use of the loan system or critised for his defence not being being able to defend...Deja vue or what?

Plus, its worth noting that Johnson has lost both of his last two jobs but still manages to avoid 'sacked' on his CV. Clever that.

His use of the loan system and a defence that saw us promoted then finish 4th 10th and 10th in the Championship?

No surprise to see you on this thread. Funny that.

His use of the loan system and a defence that saw us promoted then finish 4th 10th and 10th in the Championship?

No surprise to see you on this thread. Funny that.

Your right!

Nothing ever changes eh lads? :rofl2br:

But arguably, if he had used the loan system in the 2008-2009 season a little more aggressively we may have made the Prem. Instead he insisted on being loyal to the players who had played all season. Hypothetical I know but......

/>You just don't like him get over it, he did more for this club then all the managers we had combined since alan dicks<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Terry Cooper did more for this club than anyone and arguably that includes Alan Dicks, depths of despair and no money, to Wembley and respectability, Johnson had it easy in comparison.

As for his sacking, it is a case of extremes, imo he was to close to SL and that will have effected their decision making including how long Johnsons reign was allowed to carry on, at Pboro it seems he had no relationship with the chairman and therefore it was never going to work.

"funny under johnson our defence wasn't the problem it was attack"

What?

City conceded 65 goals last season, 34 at AG including a 0-6 thrashing by Cardiff. Forgot that did you?

And this season we've conceded 37 after just over half a season including 4-1 and 3-0 thrashings by Reading and Norwich.

Hope you're not advocating sacking Millen. Try to be a bit more supportive.

But arguably, if he had used the loan system in the 2008-2009 season a little more aggressively we may have made the Prem. Instead he insisted on being loyal to the players who had played all season. Hypothetical I know but......

I think you mean 2007/08. He brought in Carle and Adebola in January.

Loans could of worked but just as easily could of disrupted the dressing room. As you say its hypothetical but what isnt is how close he got us and how the players he brought in got us promoted then 4th, 10th and 10th placed finishes in this division. Something we'd all settle for right now.

Archived