IGNORED

Gary Johnson

ralphindevon

3rd time lucky Riaz....

He did well getting us promotion but got found out in the Championship.

4th, 10th and 10th. I hope Millen gets found out like that aswell.

Not many argue it was time for him to go but the way you talk you'd of thought what he did was the easies tthing in the world.

How can a manager get a small team like ours to the play-off final and be "found out"

Stayed here too long? yes. found out? no.

The first season in the Championship we were an unknown so surprised many and had the wind in our sails from the promotion, I suspect this was the easiest period in Johnson rein in charge as when thing are going well things tend to look after themselfs. I conceed these were good times and we were seriously punching above our weight, as was Mr Johnson.

From there thing got progressively worse, people throw out the league positions to back up the fact he did well, for me this hides a multitude of sins. The football was negative & defensive and some of the worse stuff I've witnessed down Gate- EVER.

Then he would buy forwards and then proceed to blame them, the fans, his family, the weather that they weren't scoring when the reality was the tactics and formations were to blame for our striker not having a chance. He was arrogant and failed to admit fault at any stage.

Personally I think we started last season pretty well only lost 2 games by the start of November albeit a few too many draws and obviously too many last minute goals. If you look at the League table the signs were there from about mid Novgember onwards but results wise the game it really started going wrong after was the 0-0 at pswich with 4 losses in 5.

You are spot on in your appreciation of one of our best managers of the last 40 years, but you shouldn't be shocked - there are some really bitter people on this forum, unfortunately. The likes of Melksham Red are seriously reducing my use and enjoyment of this place.

Good.......

your insistance in dwelling on the past about johnsons reign is bordering on extremely boring.......everyone apart from robbored seem to acknowledge the fact that johnson did a very good job, but in all fairness we had stagnated and time was right for change....you constantly seem to bring up the past when all we should think about is the future with Keith

""everyone apart from robbored seem to acknowledge the fact that johnson did a very good job, but in all fairness we had stagnated and time was right for change....you constantly seem to bring up the past when all we should think about is the future with Keith""

You've obviously missed or deliberately overlooked posts where I've said that Johnson did a decent job for two seasons. After that things stagnated and went downhill.

Your right about concentrating on the here and now. Johnson is history and Millen is now the main man. Lets get behind him.

""everyone apart from robbored seem to acknowledge the fact that johnson did a very good job, but in all fairness we had stagnated and time was right for change....you constantly seem to bring up the past when all we should think about is the future with Keith""

You've obviously missed or deliberately overlooked posts where I've said that Johnson did a decent job for two seasons. After that things stagnated and went downhill.

Your right about concentrating on the here and now. Johnson is history and Millen is now the main man. Lets get behind him.

not at all drybread.....i agree that its time to move on and accepted this a long tome ago, towards the end of his reign i was one of johnsons biggest critcics, but the vast majority of your posts refuse to even acknowledge the fact he did a good job, which differs from the vast majority of us who thank gary johnson for taking us where he did (90 mins from prem) but realise it was the best thing for all that we parted ways....

you are someone who cant even acknowledge the fact that you were even remotely excited aboutthe fact he took us to play off final......come on drybread just admit you got up on that play off final day and thought gary johnson had worked a miracle in even getting us to that game.....Drybread.....helllo????? thats all people want from you.....if you cant admit it then you are more sad than i already think you are....go on swallow your pride forum whipping boy (laugh)

Agree 100% tc did everything for the club even cleaning the kit.The man openly cried at wembley. If anyone should have a statue or stand named after them at the new ground it should be him.

Indeed, Terry Cooper was the complete legend as a BCFC manager. The more I think of how Terry Cooper achieved so much with so little makes me realise how truely great he really was.

Anyone would think this forum is being over run by a bunch of 12 year old girls! seriously stop the personal attacks and craftly little digs and grow up guys!! we are all here for the same reason and thats to talk about football and Bristol City, lets not forget that and remain on topic please.

Anyone would think this forum is being over run by a bunch of 12 year old girls! seriously stop the personal attacks and craftly little digs and grow up guys!! we are all here for the same reason and thats to talk about football and Bristol City, lets not forget that and remain on topic please.

GJ was a legend here, what I will never understand about his leaving is why the players weren't made to leave to!

I'd welcome GJ back now if it was viable, got to get rid of Carey and Sproule first though!!!

No ****** way jose.Never go back, it never works, Joe Jordan's 2nd stint here proves that.

Gary Johnson was not able to work with name players, something you need to be able to do in the Championship. the players GJ worked best with were his Yeovil lads, and work well they did to get us to a Pray Off final. They could only get us so far, though. It was the right time for him to go. I also seriously question his ability to bring young players from the Academy through, which seems to be borne out at Posh

Thanks for the good times Gary, but it was time to go.

agreed Carey & Sproule's time is now up , I should think that will be an extremely unpopular view, though

thats nothing - I feared I'd missed a juicy news story concerning the Beckhams !!! :)

When I started this post 7 Months ago I wondered if anyone would come up with a Beckham joke, it must of been you reading it every day!!!!

Glad the triangle joke on the other thread didn't take so long. :clapping:

Archived