IGNORED

Roayal Wedding Match Thread

myol'man

Anyone can fool the Americans.

You don't even have to try. Our current Republican Party affiliated Governor of Ohio is being shouted down by the people who voted for him. For doing exactly what he said he would. The common response from local Republicans, some of whom are now out of work as a direct result of his governance? "I didn't really pay that much attention. I always vote for the Republican." banghead.gif

God save the world from my countrymen.

He's wearing red! englandsmile4wf.gif

My Goblin calendar for today states that Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun married on this very day in a Berlin bunker in 1945 !!!!!!! However, that marriage didn't last long with Soviet Red Army shock troops closing in on them by the hour.

However, I wish Prince William well because he broke a - seemingly - establishment curfew by coming out in the open and lending his support to a RAF Bomber Command Memorial in London. 55,000 of Bomber Command died bombing Germany and the German forces ranged against us......and no one in the establishment.....not even Sir Winston Churchill in his day has had the balls to publicly support a proper memorial. That's until now and Prince William - fair shout to him. :clapping:

My Goblin calendar for today states that Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun married on this very day in a Berlin bunker in 1945 !!!!!!! However, that marriage didn't last long with Soviet Red Army shock troops closing in on them by the hour.

However, I wish Prince William well because he broke a - seemingly - establishment curfew by coming out in the open and lending his support to a RAF Bomber Command Memorial in London. 55,000 of Bomber Command died bombing Germany and the German forces ranged against us......and no one in the establishment.....not even Sir Winston Churchill in his day has had the balls to publicly support a proper memorial. That's until now and Prince William - fair shout to him. :clapping:

Well said Gobbers. You and I are poles apart on the subject of the Royal family. However, your endorsement of William speaks volumes.

Thousands of people die across Africa everyday, innocent people are being murdered in Syria and Libya for standing up against an oppressive regime, Thailand and Cambodia are on the verge of war, Japan is still recovering from a devastating disaster, yesterday over 500 people died in Alabama after it was struck by storms and what do we do? Spend millions on a 'Royal Wedding'.

We will never have a true democracy under them.

Boo hoo sparky. 1 day a year the media don't focus on morbid stories from around the world and we look at a young couple who love each other putting on a show that millions of people appreciated and enjoyed.

Not my bag but good look to them.

Didn't you say your not proud of this country o another thread? People like you make me sick. Moan moan moan but what do YOU do to make the country a better place?

Thousands of people die across Africa everyday, innocent people are being murdered in Syria and Libya for standing up against an oppressive regime, Thailand and Cambodia are on the verge of war, Japan is still recovering from a devastating disaster, yesterday over 500 people died in Alabama after it was struck by storms and what do we do? Spend millions on a 'Royal Wedding'.

...and no doubt tomorrow you will be cheering on the lads and watching the sag's score.

...and you too will have forgotten all about Syria and Libya, Japan's tsunami disaster, Thailand's hand-bag waving, and the storms that hit my part of the country (300 dead so far, just over 200 in Alabama), suicide bombers, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, the economy, unemployment, oil prices, pollution, the hole in the ozone layer, and the fact that the Andromeda galaxy will collide with the Milky Way in 4.5 billion year's time.

Boo hoo sparky. 1 day a year the media don't focus on morbid stories from around the world and we look at a young couple who love each other putting on a show that millions of people appreciated and enjoyed.

Not my bag but good look to them.

Didn't you say your not proud of this country o another thread? People like you make me sick. Moan moan moan but what do YOU do to make the country a better place?

It's not one day a year though is it? For months the media has been filled with them. Surprisingly, some people in this country do not appreciate having 'them' rammed down our throats.

I envy countries where a child can be born and told that if they live right, do well in school, get good grades then they have the potential to one day be the figurehead, the leader of their country, regardless of gender, race, creed, religion, sexual orientation or class.

We supposedly pride ourselves on being a democratic, classless society. This is impossible when we are ruled by hereditary aristocracy.

A people's republic is the answer, not a monarchy, regardless of however many hundred years of history it's had.

...and no doubt tomorrow you will be cheering on the lads and watching the sag's score.

...and you too will have forgotten all about Syria and Libya, Japan's tsunami disaster, Thailand's hand-bag waving, and the storms that hit my part of the country (300 dead so far, just over 200 in Alabama), suicide bombers, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, the economy, unemployment, oil prices, pollution, the hole in the ozone layer, and the fact that the Andromeda galaxy will collide with the Milky Way in 4.5 billion year's time.

It's not about "forgetting" for we all need an escape from the bad news sometimes, that is for certain.

My argument was more that there are better things to spend tax payed money on than the royal family.

This may well be one of the most stupid posts I've ever read online.

Why should we look on the dark side of things for 365 days a year? And not look on the good side? If we just focused on the bad things there would be no point of living in this life. We live to cherish and remember days like this, days in which all other dark clouds are swept away by a bright light such as the Royal Wedding. Everyone understands the situation in Africa, Syria & Libya etc. But you cannot every day worry of those situations. It's bad for morale, everyone has enjoyed themselves today and only focused on the wedding. Which has brought tears of joy for many people around the world. Im not judging you at all but from the sound of it it's those sort of people who put other's down from enjoying themselves.

Have a day off, sit back and look at the good things in life.

It's not about "forgetting" for we all need an escape from the bad news sometimes, that is for certain.

My argument was more that there are better things to spend tax payed money on than the royal family.

You may be right, but no-one puts on a show like this than the British. No-one can even come close when it comes to 'pomp and circumstance'. All day over here in Atlanta I've heard nothing but talk of the wedding. People got up at 3 am to watch the proceedings. There is incredible envy over here in that they do not have such celebrations. The biggest occasion that can even be remotely put in the same class is the presidential inauguration, and they happen every four years - not 30.

I'm not a great fan of the royals, but what little snippets I saw on TV, everyone there seemed to be having a great time and this will be remembered for a long time. Also, spending that money elsewhere wouldn't make a dent in those world crises you listed. The storms that hit us will cost several billions alone.

Well said Gobbers. You and I are poles apart on the subject of the Royal family. However, your endorsement of William speaks volumes.

Thank you, my maternal Grandfather was attached to RAF Bomber Command during World War 2. He had more to do with bringing me up as a child than my own Mother and Father. I used to love listening to his war stories but now he's gone I realise they were real and not just stories - I'm thus in no doubt of the terrible and largely unrecognized sacrifices of RAF Bomber Command made just so that we can do the simple things we take for granted like posting on this website. Prince William really did do a brave deed in lending his support to their long over due memorial where others have bottled over the years. Good on him and I wish him every happiness.

For those that wonder what the hell I'm rambling on about, please read the website at the link below....

http://www.rafbombercommand.com/master_welcome.html

This may well be one of the most stupid posts I've ever read online.

Agreed. Since when were the list of problems listed somehow "our fault". People will always fight amongst themselves, let them get on with it. They would have done so if there was a Royal Wedding or not !!

Today the world watched the U.K. for the thing we are most renowned - our Royal Family and Heritage.

Please, do elaborate.

Okay.

If you want all this money to go to Africa, there are other sources which could provide more funding than the Royal Family so no need to dig at them there.

I'm almost certain a hell of a lot of money will have gone to charity because of and during this wedding.

Money will have come in from tourism today which, if anything, will help to provide more funding to Africa if we so need it.

The other countries are not our responsibilities, there are other countries which could help as well.

I'm willing to bet a hell of a lot of money that you will spend money even today that could have gone to "better sources", so stop the hypocrisy.

And then the icing on the cake, "we will never have a true democracy under them." Recently, what other things have they done that suggests we no longer live in a democracy?

Okay.

If you want all this money to go to Africa, there are other sources which could provide more funding than the Royal Family so no need to dig at them there.

I'm almost certain a hell of a lot of money will have gone to charity because of and during this wedding.

Money will have come in from tourism today which, if anything, will help to provide more funding to Africa if we so need it.

The other countries are not our responsibilities, there are other countries which could help as well.

I'm willing to bet a hell of a lot of money that you will spend money even today that could have gone to "better sources", so stop the hypocrisy.

And then the icing on the cake, "we will never have a true democracy under them." Recently, what other things have they done that suggests we no longer live in a democracy?

Fine you win, I don't have time to argue but, as far as I'm concerned, every pound spent on them is a pound stolen from the hungry who are not fed and the cold who are not clothed.

Fine you win, I don't have time to argue but, as far as I'm concerned, every pound spent on them is a pound stolen from the hungry who are not fed and the cold who are not clothed.

Every pound you send to them over there ends up in the governments kitty to spend freely. Africa is desperate for fair trade, not charity.

Umm... set of patronising, pompous, incompetent,'in it for myself and my mates' politicians vs 'it's not what you know but who you know' animal cruelty practioners - tough choice.

On the basis that Prince Charles has some sense over the 'green' agenda, Prince Billy does a useful job, Kate's decent looking and her sister's a cracker, count me in on the Royalist side of this debate.

Umm... set of patronising, pompous, incompetent,'in it for myself and my mates' politicians vs 'it's not what you know but who you know' animal cruelty practioners - tough choice.

On the basis that Prince Charles has some sense over the 'green' agenda, Prince Billy does a useful job, Kate's decent looking and her sister's a cracker, count me in on the Royalist side of this debate.

Her sister certainly is a cracker, Wow !!

:wub:

Archived