IGNORED

Retained List

Rocky

why transfer list a player when the window isn't open and no one can sign him?

Its the retained list not the transfer list its only for player who are out of contract and not being offered new terms,

No one else is out of contract so are not on the list,

A complete overeaction,

Whats to say we don't bring in 4 or 5 top players in the summer?

Whats to say Derby doesn't renew intrest in Lee Johnson?

nothing

Stop over reacting

Bet you were devastated they Dean had such a good game against derby?

What examples in the past are there of clubs announcing that a section of players are on the transfer list? Nobody does, Ffs!

yeah could'nt see the point

we have in the past - the club have said "so and so have been told to find new clubs"

why transfer list a player when the window isn't open and no one can sign him?

Its the retained list not the transfer list its only for player who are out of contract and not being offered new terms,

No one else is out of contract so are not on the list,

A complete overeaction,

Whats to say we don't bring in 4 or 5 top players in the summer?

Whats to say Derby doesn't renew intrest in Lee Johnson?

nothing

Stop over reacting

saying that we'll be in the bottom half is a over-reaction??

my point is that we are keeping players that arent good enough

bottom half or relegation battle beckons!

Have I missed something? explain

As i thought I had not missed anything nor have I seen a sensible explanation.

As many have said - this was the retained list with 2 1st team players moving on, who not many would want to keep and 2 Irish lads who sadly have not worked out.

The signing of Gerken makes sense if you need 3 keepers, which most people agree you do

but

this make no suggestion of which players Keef whats to get rid of and will transfer list or who we are going to bring in

.........so to dismiss next season based upon this is just stupid

if it wasn't for such a bad start after coppell we would of been top half, 6 points from 10 games we would of been top half,

Its mostly the same core of players that this season aside have finished top half 3 years running,

Lets wait to see other ins and outs before we write next season off,

I've been a massive millen critic but to say we are fighting relegations next season before the play-offs has taken place is just stupid

none of the the players transfer listed??

This is just the list of players not having contracts renewed. It was never going to include players asked to find a new club or who we'd listen to offers for. Why would it?

There's not really a transfer list either these days.

I suspect there will be others moved on over the summer too.

.........so to dismiss next season based upon this is just stupid

and anyone who thinks we have any chance of top 6 or better are stupid.

I'm not going to be suicidal on here come xmas when we are in the bottom half.

people who think these youngsters are gonna come in and be consistent and perform immediately need a reality check.

I fear we'll keep players like mccallister and we have a manager who makes basic mistakes.

We'll do well to stay clear of a relegation battle. The thing that will keep us out of trouble is our forwards

and anyone who thinks we have any chance of top 6 or better are stupid.

I'm not going to be suicidal on here come xmas when we are in the bottom half.

people who think these youngsters are gonna come in and be consistent and perform immediately need a reality check.

I fear we'll keep players like mccallister and we have a manager who makes basic mistakes.

We'll do well to stay clear of a relegation battle. The thing that will keep us out of trouble is our forwards

You're reading far too much into a simple statement of contract statuses.

What were you expecting? KM to publicly announce that he wants rid of another half a dozen players who are under contract?

That would be idiotic wouldn't it? We'd be less likely to sell them and less likely to get any good money if we did, and on top they'd be unhappy if we were stuck with them.

It's far too early to have any sort of opinion on where we're going to be next season since nobody including KM himself knows what our squad will look like.

It would be nice to not have a pre-season full of this sort of stuff....

Its already been explained that todays list applies to players not being offered new contracts, not those still under contract.

Millen says that he's not placed anyone on the transfer list but that doesn't mean that no-one else will leave over the summer. Anything is possible and other clubs might come in with offers for whoever and City will either accept or reject them. Its a long break and there will be further transfer activity both in and out.

Wait until August before you start making bleak predictions.

In his interview Millen states that he hasnt transfer listed anyone, but he has discussed with the fringe players what the future looks like, something along the lines of

Keef: Nicky, I will play for the first team before you do

Hunt: I'll look for another club then

Keef: Lee, you are currently our 4th choice centre midfielder and I want to buy another one, if I sign one you aint going to play very often

Lee: OK, lets see what happen in the summer (txt's his uncle to find out if anyone is interested)

Keef: Hendo, sign a deal, James only has another year your the future, but you will go out on loan

Hendo: OK, let me think about it

I am sure he has spoken to others also, as for writing off next season already, I will happily bet anyone a tenner that we finish higher than 15th next season.

You're reading far too much into a simple statement of contract statuses.

What were you expecting? KM to publicly announce that he wants rid of another half a dozen players who are under contract?

That would be idiotic wouldn't it? We'd be less likely to sell them and less likely to get any good money if we did, and on top they'd be unhappy if we were stuck with them.

It's far too early to have any sort of opinion on where we're going to be next season since nobody including KM himself knows what our squad will look like.

It would be nice to not have a pre-season full of this sort of stuff....

I expected something like "mcallister & johnson have been told they do not feature in keith millen's first team plans"

I find it funny how people assume I'm being negative with my forecast that we will be in the bottom half - thats about right for a club our size I feel.

I certainly wont be suicidal next season, when these promotion hopes fail to materialise, unlike most on here!

IMO keeping McAllister is ok provided a first choice left back is brought in during the summer. J Mc would be decent , and experienced back up to a younger first choice. He can then be released the following summer when his contract is up.

I expected something like "mcallister & johnson have been told they do not feature in keith millen's first team plans"

You were wrong to expect the manager to say something like this, it would be a real mistake for him to do that.

That's why you are considered to be over reacting.

You were wrong to expect the manager to say something like this, it would be a real mistake for him to do that.

That's why you are considered to be over reacting.

maybe I am over-reacting... I just got this horrible feeling that in september, when the window has closed, players like jamie mccallister will still featuring heavily and millen will still be calling him brilliant!

maybe I am over-reacting... I just got this horrible feeling that in september, when the window has closed, players like jamie mccallister will still featuring heavily and millen will still be calling him brilliant!

I share your view on McAllister although he has greatly reduced his aimless punts up the pitch. Must be Millen's influence.

I think Keith Millen's already said publicly that he wants to sign a left back and in fact tried very hard to do so on loan. (For "competition")

I am sure he will be trying to bring one in but if he cannot he'll definitely talk up the players we have got to encourage them.

What positives can you see out a comment like "Yeah, I want to replace Jamie McAllister because he's very limited but I can't find anyone available in budget"? I can't see many.

I find it funny how people assume I'm being negative with my forecast that we will be in the bottom half - thats about right for a club our size I feel.

I certainly wont be suicidal next season, when these promotion hopes fail to materialise, unlike most on here!

The reason people think you are being negative because you give the impression that you have based that judgment on this retained list being published. Fair enough if that has always been your view, (I think anything above mid table will be a good season myself) but you do give the impression that if Km had made some bold unrealistic statement about getting rid of deadwood you would expect a better season.

I suspect that will happen probably with LJ, Hunt and possibly Clarkson and they will be circulated as 'open to offers', unfortunately if they decide to stay and see their contracts out that is their perogative and something beyond anybody's control.

I suspect that will happen probably with LJ, Hunt and possibly Clarkson and they will be circulated as 'open to offers', unfortunately if they decide to stay and see their contracts out that is their perogative and something beyond anybody's control.

Correct. All the more reason to let the world know they are available........... NOW

Correct. All the more reason to let the world know they are available........... NOW

How many clubs have listed their players and put them out there for a transfer NOW?

Answer: littrally no-one!

That is what happens in the lead up to pre-season. I'm sure the only players on the list at any club are the ones who were listed a while back, not in the last few days :doh:

Relegation worries my arse.

You seem to have this pie in the sky theory that off loading players is a piece of piss. Don't forget these players are on decent championship wages yet are fringe players (JMC excluded) at best.

How exactly do you expect us to 'get rid' baring in mind that letting them go on a free will still involve us, as a club, playing off the remainder of their contract period?

Which is exactly what Millen has explained in his interview on Player.

Some players have been told they are able to find new clubs with the help of their agents. If they're unable to do so, or don't want to, thats up to them as they're still contracted to the club, but he still wants and expects some more of the squad to leave.

As for McAllister, we've had no left sided competition for two seasons now. Why would we get rid of the only player we have in that position? Millen has already said a left back is high on the list of potential signings, but McAllister will be a decent squad player next season before his contract runs out next summer.

You seem to have this pie in the sky theory that off loading players is a piece of piss. Don't forget these players are on decent championship wages yet are fringe players (JMC excluded) at best.

How exactly do you expect us to 'get rid' baring in mind that letting them go on a free will still involve us, as a club, playing off the remainder of their contract period?

I dont think its a piece of piss, hence why I think they should be made available now

Archived