IGNORED

Retained List

Rocky

I suspect that will happen probably with LJ, Hunt and possibly Clarkson and they will be circulated as 'open to offers', unfortunately if they decide to stay and see their contracts out that is their perogative and something beyond anybody's control.

True enough, though I suspect he will keep Clarkson. Hunt will be hellish hard to shift on his wages also. Lee I suspect will be happy with first team football somewhere; given his property earnings he needs the wages less than some it seems.:closedeyes:

But if we can't shift players like these it must surely limit his options for bringing players in if we are serious about reducing the squad and the wage bill, as we should be.

Banning anybody would be strange from the person in 'the server room' who seems to have disabled the swear word filter on his own posts!!!!!!!!!

You've got the wrong bloke.

Its TomF ( formerly Tomarse) in 'the server room'

Good read....almost 40,000 post between the top 3 heavyweights, wonder how many are them are little snarky remarks ??

About 39'999

The other one I posted was 'Hello'

In fact Keith has said quite the opposite about McAllister, whom he said has been brilliant for us. Somewhat overstated in my view to say the least but he is looking for a second left back. He needs two left backs and I'm sure will not want to play Lewin or Liam there so I expect McAllister to stay.

Yes, I know. It's exactly what I think he should be saying about a player who has played for us for five years, coming towards the end of his career, and is getting a bit of stick from fans wanting a replacement. In terms of commitment and hard work he has been brilliant for us. I'm sure none of those public comments from Keith Millen detract from his hunt for a "second" left back. I'm sure if he gets one in, that second left back will offer lots of competition. That's just man management surely?

Its only banter people we all get called worse in life, as long as you don't go as far as thretating someone will physical violence eveyone is happy, if you don't like someones post i don't know if you can do it on here block them, and the mad thing is the people who stalk and attack people on here would most probabley get on over a couple of beers.

In fact Keith has said quite the opposite about McAllister, whom he said has been brilliant for us. Somewhat overstated in my view to say the least but he is looking for a second left back. He needs two left backs and I'm sure will not want to play Lewin or Liam there so I expect McAllister to stay.

I have to say that McAllister has been considerably better for much of this season. He's not so reckless and getting done as much as before although he did give away a stupid penalty in one game after getting beat and then diving in. Plus he's now trying to pass to a red shirt most of the time. At long last he seems to have realised that his long passing is not quite up to the same standard as Steven Gerard. Must be the influence of Millen who has very likely told him not to kick the ball as far as possible and that possession of the ball is very important.

In fact I'm happy to say that even though this season has been topsy turvy its been a pleasure to watch City trying to play football and not repeatedly thumping it from back to front.

At 33 I doubt anyone will be in for McAllister. He's not got many seasons left.

I have to say that McAllister has been considerably better for much of this season. He's not so reckless and getting done as much as before although he did give away a stupid penalty in one game after getting beat and then diving in. Plus he's now trying to pass to a red shirt most of the time. At long last he seems to have realised that his long passing is not quite up to the same standard as Steven Gerard. Must be the influence of Millen who has very likely told him not to kick the ball as far as possible and that possession of the ball is very important.

In fact I'm happy to say that even though this season has been topsy turvy its been a pleasure to watch City trying to play football and not repeatedly thumping it from back to front.

At 33 I doubt anyone will be in for McAllister. He's not got many seasons left.

Having played at left back in the changing room at a decent level, you can only pass to what is in front of you, when you have two good strikers closing you down and players not giving you options for a five yard ball inside and then they spray the ball over the pitch you knock it long to the forwards player runs, as a full back you need a midfidler who demands the ball and wants it.

The difference is that I was right all along about Johnson and Riaz is wrong about Millen.

On other subjects Robbo you have interesting stuff to say but can you please drop the Stalinist re-writing of history? It really does become a case of "What have the Romans ever done for us?"

Whether you like him or not Johnson achieved a great deal and we would not be debating what players would improve our performance in the Championship without him. Nor would Keith have the opportunity he now has to prove himself as a manager, as I'm sure he would acknowledge. Who knows what would have happened to him if Johnson had decided to ditch him when he arrived? I wish Keith well but will harbour doubts until he has had more time to prove himself, particularly whether he can make tough decisions that might make him unpopular with players. You seem to have already declared him an unqualified success. I will not however attack him personally, even if he turns out a failure. Personally I could never stomach Danny Wilson who failed to achieve what Johnson did but I am not still going on about him now.

I expected something like "mcallister & johnson have been told they do not feature in keith millen's first team plans"

Would this be the same McAllister who on Saturday:

for goal number one - made the forward run and provided the left wing cross that went through to Adomah, his shot scuffed to Stead who scored

for goal number three - Made another run that was picked out by James throw and McAllister made a superb weighted through ball to pick out JCR who scored.

But he's still crap according to you??

We do need competition/cover at LB - but whenever McA's been fit he's played so I doubt Millen's going to move him on, at his age though he will need to find a replacement eventually either from inside or outside of the club.

The problem with Hunt and Johnson is that both were handed very lucrative contracts by previous managers , and neither are likely to move to clubs lower down the pyramid

for lower wages. It's a situation that needs careful handling by KM and probably an agreement sanctioned by CS to pay up a proportion of their contract to make it worth their moving on.

It won't be solved but publically announcing that we don't want them - that's hardly a ringing endorsement that will tempt a club to take them is it?

Judging by KM 's recent selections and substitutions I would think Clarkson is wanted by KM as a squad player but is one he would sell (to free up room in the squad as per Haynes sale) if an offer came in. Problem is the likely takers would be mid table SPL clubs who are mostly skint, and probably couldn't pay a fee or match his wages.

So - all in all a difficult scenario for KM to manage

CR

Yes, I know. It's exactly what I think he should be saying about a player who has played for us for five years, coming towards the end of his career, and is getting a bit of stick from fans wanting a replacement. In terms of commitment and hard work he has been brilliant for us. I'm sure none of those public comments from Keith Millen detract from his hunt for a "second" left back. I'm sure if he gets one in, that second left back will offer lots of competition. That's just man management surely?

Absolutely, I agree with your conclusion. Brilliant is one of those words bandied about inaccurately in football (like the irritating legend applied to any average player who has been around more than 5 minutes). No doubt Keith used the word in your sense but possibly could have found a better one but what the hell he is a football manager and will use cliches. Personally I think the criticism of McAllister is out of proportion and lacks realism about what can be expected of a mid table Championship left back. I am sure Keith will bring in a new one and McAllister may have to be content with being cover. I have no problem with that and don't understand those who say we should get rid without appreciating that we would need to sign 2 replacements when getting 1 is hard enough and it would not make financial sense.

for goal number one - made the forward run and provided the left wing cross that went through to Adomah, his shot scuffed to Stead who scored

for goal number three - Made another run that was picked out by James throw and McAllister made a superb weighted through ball to pick out JCR who scored.

We do need competition/cover at LB - but whenever McA's been fit he's played so I doubt Millen's going to move him on, at his age though he will need to find a replacement eventually either from inside or outside of the club.

The problem with Hunt and Johnson is that both were handed very lucrative contracts by previous managers , and neither are likely to move to clubs lower down the pyramid

for lower wages. It's a situation that needs careful handling by KM and probably an agreement sanctioned by CS to pay up a proportion of their contract to make it worth their moving on.

It won't be solved but publically announcing that we don't want them - that's hardly a ringing endorsement that will tempt a club to take them is it?

Judging by KM 's recent selections and substitutions I would think Clarkson is wanted by KM as a squad player but is one he would sell (to free up room in the squad as per Haynes sale) if an offer came in. Problem is the likely takers would be mid table SPL clubs who are mostly skint, and probably couldn't pay a fee or match his wages.

CR

Good post, if Hunt maybe wrong word would leave clubs and say i am shit football clubs would not be so in the shit, but then again these players have a short time to maximise there earnings so if Hunt stays for family reasons can you blame him.

Having played at left back in the changing room at a decent level, you can only pass to what is in front of you, when you have two good strikers closing you down and players not giving you options for a five yard ball inside and then they spray the ball over the pitch you knock it long to the forwards player runs, as a full back you need a midfidler who demands the ball and wants it.

We are talking professional football here, second only to the PL. Of course there were times when McAllister had no choice but to lump the ball but to hoof it as much as he did was simply a waste of possession and inviting the opposition to attack.

If he's not doing it as much now then someone has got into his ear and told him not to. Millen in all probability.

CR

Excellent post. A bit of much needed realism. Bit unfair to bracket Hunt and Johnson though imo as Lee is at least a good pro. Given his independent financial success I have a feeling he would welcome first team football at a decent club elsewhere and wages would not be a breaking point for him as they might be for Hunt.

bottom half or relegation battle beckons!

What has this got to do with the retained list? You telling me the fact that Sproule's gone means we're destined for bottom half of the table?

The difference is that I was right all along about Johnson and Riaz is wrong about Millen.

Christ alive. What more did he have to do for this club for you to accept that you're wrong? You're up there with the most deluded people I've ever seen on here. If I didn't know better I'd say you were just doing it for attention. Actually....

It really is tiresome seeing your posts. Every topic involving GJ involves a sly dig, and every topic involving KM involves you metaphorically sucking him just to prove your earlier point. For what it's worth, I have every confidence in Keef, but your posts make me cringe.

More importantly, did anyone read the entire article. At the bottom it says "All other players are in contract for next season and beyond." Does this mean Maynard has signed?

We are talking professional football here, second only to the PL. Of course there were times when McAllister had no choice but to lump the ball but to hoof it as much as he did was simply a waste of possession and inviting the opposition to attack.

If he's not doing it as much now then someone has got into his ear and told him not to. Millen in all probability.

[/quot

So you are saying when he has got time on the ball he can't pass, nothing to do with the runs the stirikers are not making, i haven't rated him since the promotion season but i am interested with your lumping thing.

So you are saying when he has got time on the ball he can't pass, nothing to do with the runs the stirikers are not making, i haven't rated him since the promotion season but i am interested with your lumping thing.

No, he's trying to put McAllister's improvement entirely on Keith Millen. You know, the guy he will bend over backwards to say anything positive about just to make sure he isn't wrong again, making him look like an idiot, again.

Maynard is contracted until June 2012.

I think there were about 12 players out of contract, 4 have been released so the rest have been offered contracts. I expected 6 or so to either be released or not offered extensions, so much for the smaller squad if we are getting 4 new players in..

I read "next season and beyond" as for a year after next season, evidently not.

Can't see us getting 4 players in without selling any, 2 max I would have thought.

Maynard is contracted until June 2012.

I think there were about 12 players out of contract, 4 have been released so the rest have been offered contracts. I expected 6 or so to either be released or not offered extensions, so much for the smaller squad if we are getting 4 new players in..

Should have been but many moons ago prolonged contracts were offered without any reason at all.

I would have thought that any squad player should arrive before kick off, so, as our highly paid non-playing right back arrived after the first goal went in on Saturday, that would be a good excuse to tear up his contract!

I would have thought that any squad player should arrive before kick off, so, as our highly paid non-playing right back arrived after the first goal went in on Saturday, that would be a good excuse to tear up his contract!

Any squad player named by Millen in his 20 or how many he does for the game has to be there by 13.00 normal match time any other player does not under contract terms have to be at the ground.

CR

Good post. Must admit I have trawled through this thread and this appears to be at least one voice of reason in amongst a lot of others that have clearly been posted by contributors who could do with a good nights sleep?

He will be in good company, I recall a certain shit stirrer called Robbored telling us after our 0-0 home draw with Palarse they were dead meat and were definately going to be relegated, the sage strikes again.

A bit like you and your attitude towards Millen!

I remember you coming across quite bouyant went we went one down against Watford, coulldn't wait to have a pop at Millen, only to disappear once we had scored and then gone on to win!

It's people like you and robbored who ruin this forum, reading some of yoour rubbish I reckon your one of the biggest shit stirrers going, saying that, wasn't it you who rushed back from a match just to post a topic to slate robbored?

I don't know who the biggest kid is!

But one thing I'm sure of is, it's bloody dam boring, I doubt i'm the only one who feel this.

This used to be a great forum, but unfortunately it's fast becoming a forum of whingers, I want I Want it nows, and posters willing the club to lose just so they can say I told you so. :disapointed2se:

Archived