IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie - Signed (Official Sms)

westonred

If he's that decent, I'd rather he comes here than a rival.

Adomah played every game last season and got understandably tired mid-way through. At least this lad will give competition to Albert and the option to rest him if he needs it.

why on earth do we need this guy! He maybe he good but the centre of midfield is our TOP priority along with a commanding centre half!

Do people honestly expect that players will be signed in the order that is our priority?

For me, a young, goalscoring, exciting player --- yes, please.

Not the first position that needs improving but with Ivan gone we need cover on the right, as we don't have anyone else on that side.

It also frees up JCR to play in the middle.

Yan can play both wings and has massive potential,

With him hopefully coming in we now have 2 wingers for both wings, with yan and JCR capable of playing both sides, it's a squad game and we need players in numbers for all positions

Player we have looked at for a while and with Plymouth down and skint, he's likely to be a utter bargain, better to move now than wait and miss him to other clubs like we have done in the past.

Happy if he joins, though goes without saying that other positions need improving to

Hope people judge the player and Millen on the signing as a whole and don't just use it as a excuse to moan that he's not a left back or central midfield, though I'm likely to be pissing in the wind with that comment I reckon

Not the first position that needs improving but with Ivan gone we need cover on the right, as we don't have anyone else on that side.

With him hopefully coming in we now have 2 wingers for both wings, with yan and JCR capable of playing both sides, it's a squad game and we need players in numbers for all positions

Player we have looked at for a while and with Plymouth down and skint, he's likely to be a utter bargain, better to move now than wait and miss him to other clubs like we have done in the past.

Happy if he joins, though goes without saying that other positions need improving to

Hope people judge the player and Millen on the signing as a whole and don't just use it as a excuse to moan that he's not a left back or central midfield, though I'm likely to be pissing in the wind with that comment I reckon

Fair comment, He is likely to be such bargain (as was Albert) that there is really no risk. Sometimes you just have to snap up a player when the chance arises regardless of your other priorities and, like Albert and Brett just the right sort of signing imo; young enough and looking to progress his career rather than some has-been looking for another signing-on fee. Keith has shown he has an eye for a player so I'm happy to trust him on this one.

This will be a good signing in my opinion, heard alot of good things about him from a Plymouth fan and Yeovil fan who seen him play last year, he can't be worse than woolford, and maybe if we are struggling to find a midfield playmaker Millen may want to move JCR in there because he is comfortable on the ball. I still think a CM should be priortiy and a left back also, but this is a good start and hopefully we can build from here!

Lets hope we have a busy summer !

I generally agree with all that you say, my only worry is that JCR dosen't become the cheap centre midfield option, because he ain't never gonna be the long term answer to that particular problem. Perhaps JCR may be on the move after all he's probably into the last 12 months of his contract.

Potentially a great signing and i'm sure a centre back and left back will follow, the worry is going to be the creative midfielder position, those sort of players appear to be very thin on the ground.

Exciting signing if we get him and te sort of player people pay to watch.

Watching that You Tube vid I would say:

He is still very raw but has undoubted nature abilitiy

He is right footed but can use his left

Can operate through the middle

Isn't quite as quick as Albert

Appears to be able to see and play a pass

I'm not sure which position Keith has bought him for but I wouldn't rule him out as an attacking goalscoring creative centre midfielder.

C'mon you reds.

I'm not sure which position Keith has bought him for but I wouldn't rule him out as an attacking goalscoring creative centre midfielder.

C'mon you reds.

Agree with most of your post apart from the last bit.

Doesn't look like a done deal just yet.

The article says -

'"Plymouth Argyle have accepted a bid from Championship club Bristol City for winger Yannick Bolasie.The 22-year-old has been given permission to talk to City officials about making the move to Ashton Gate""

'Permission to talk' doesn't mean that he's actually signed for us.There are other clubs, including Brighton and Charlton interested in him as well.

Doesn't look like a done deal just yet.

The article says -

'"Plymouth Argyle have accepted a bid from Championship club Bristol City for winger Yannick Bolasie.The 22-year-old has been given permission to talk to City officials about making the move to Ashton Gate""

'Permission to talk' doesn't mean that he's actually signed for us.There are other clubs, including Brighton and Charlton interested in him as well.

If he has any sense we would be top of that list. Charlton are League One, and Brighton are Brighton despite the totally baffling love-in there seems to be with them on here. The big question is do we actually want him? There's a lot to do between talking to him and putting a contract in front of him.

C'mon you reds.

He looks like a slightly poorer clone of Albert to me.

Having only seen him on Youtube clips, he definately looks VERY right footed. Can he cross with his left?

I like the look of him though.

If he can cross with his left, it would be great to see both him and Albert playing in the same team.

Now a Hartley'esk type Midfielder to supply some decent passes and control our damn midfield, and i'd be very happy.

Archived