IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie - Signed (Official Sms)

westonred

whether signing him is a priority or not, the fact that we are probably paying next to nothing for him means its a chance not to be missed.

if he has half the impact Albert has had this season then it would be another bit of fantastic business and a player for the future.

personally im hoping it means JCR is on his way out and we can bring in the quality needed to mount a serious play off challenge.

You must be joking woolford out before jcr, the guy had done nothing since joining us.jcr causes twice the problems woolford does.

Watching the You Tube videos he looks like a player with a good first touch which will be great at taking the championship defenders by suprise, good range of passing and trickery will see him perform like Albert. Hopefully and create goals for us on the ground and in the air. We need a bit of flair at times and strengh on either wing is a bonus incase of injuries plus it brings competition for places which is what we need.

Horse crap did we.

And Redknapp has never stated that he was played out of position

Prior to a few weeks ago, there was never a single mention of him as a full back,

When he joined, both us and tottenham described him as a winger, for england he'd played as a winger, when he joined spurs from leeds, he was described as a winger, he's said himself he's a winger! When he first played for Spurs, he was a winger!

He's ALWAYS been a winger and only in the last month/6 weeks has he ever been refered to playing left back,

I'd have given him a try at left back, even said as much when he was here.Maintain it'd have been worth a go, definitely- this is not mere hindsight either.

Will be chuffed if we get him, Should be a small fee and he has bags of potential and provides cover and competition on both flanks. He's still young so will hopefully pick up a few skills in the "end product" department as time goes on.

Puts to bed the moaning about us not trying to sign anyone... Back under the rock they go...

He's a solid defender and hard as nails and can take a dead ball kick better than most in the team (pitman is better).

But not too good with the ball at his feet going forward and has a tendency to play the boring "ball down the line" too often instead of looking for options.

But he's a safe option so still a valuable first team squad member.

I don't find him safe at all anymore. His set pieces are so frustrating too.

I would like to see him as our back-up not first choice.

He's a solid defender and hard as nails and can take a dead ball kick better than most in the team (pitman is better).

But not too good with the ball at his feet going forward and has a tendency to play the boring "ball down the line" too often instead of looking for options.

Where have you been for the last 2 or 3 years?

Sorry, I forgot - you are the oracle on all things football.

My apologies great one.

I dont claim to be a know it all when it comes to football, but it only requires a basic knowledge of football to see he has been shocking in recent seasons.

I have to say Cynic that of all the threads about McAllister over the years this one is the most succinct and accurate.

Well said.

I'm happy with this signing. If we can bring in players for lower fees and nuture them into something special, its going to cost us far less than bringing in the dross that's cost us a fortune in the past.

Lets just hope we've found a gem.

I asked my young 'un about the lad as he lives in Plymouth and used to work for Argyle (and he's been known to watch them a few time but he thinks I don't know that :laugh:) He said Bolassie was both good and bad, in as much as he does have bags of potential but can go missing for long periods of the game as well as being somewhat selfish with the ball. He also questioned his attitude having heard him after the last game of the season saying he was off because he's easily good enough for the Championship. Now I'm all for a bit of arrogance from an attacking player in fact I'd say that was essential but probably best not to crow before you've tested the water. Oh and one last thing my lit'lun said was he score a cracking goal in that last game, so who knows he may be a great addition to the squad.

I asked my young 'un about the lad as he lives in Plymouth and used to work for Argyle (and he's been known to watch them a few time but he thinks I don't know that :laugh:) He said Bolassie was both good and bad, in as much as he does have bags of potential but can go missing for long periods of the game as well as being somewhat selfish with the ball. He also questioned his attitude having heard him after the last game of the season saying he was off because he's easily good enough for the Championship. Now I'm all for a bit of arrogance from an attacking player in fact I'd say that was essential but probably best not to crow before you've tested the water. Oh and one last thing my lit'lun said was he score a cracking goal in that last game, so who knows he may be a great addition to the squad.

I wouldn't mind abit of arrogance in our side because last season, I got the feeling that we were too nice to the opposition so get him in!

We would have time to coach him so not worried about a few problems. If we do sign him for a nominal fee then we have nothing to lose.

I dont think that this is true about them meeting today. Millen isn't in the country so how can we complete a transfer without him here to run the rule over the deal?

I think it says that Millen has been running the show from his holiday in the states, no reason he has to physically be there as i imagine Bolasie was identified months ago and Millen knows what the player is like

I think it says that Millen has been running the show from his holiday in the states, no reason he has to physically be there as i imagine Bolasie was identified months ago and Millen knows what the player is like

Exactly, and Colin would deal with the contract side anyway.

Contract talks would be between the player and the chairman mainly the manager would prolly sit in on it,

So Teflon doesn't have to be around but he may well be their on a telephone conferance call,

Anyway I thought he was due back this week?

Sounds like its going to be announced today

http://www.thisisdev...il/article.html

I'd suggest that the following paragraph in the article suggest we haven't paid very much, too...........

"The Herald understands Argyle have moved to sell Bolasie as soon as possible because he put in a 14-day notice of termination of his contract".

Archived