IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie - Signed (Official Sms)

westonred

Could make a good right back. Decent technique and pace. Likes to go forward. Him and Albert on the right should be an exciting pairing.

No. He doesn't play there so why would we? A couple of bad results and it'll all be about Millen playing players out of position to justify his signings

Danny Rose.

Apparently defender was his position. We played him out of position according to HR?

Regardless, it doesn't mean this new guy (if we get him) will automatically be a good defender just because Rose went back to Spurs and played there. As I'm sure you'll know, if you've played, the difference between playing defence and midfield is huge in terms of how your natural game and ability work.

I'm sure he isn't being looked at to fill a slot in the back four either. To be honest I'm STILL not sure why he's being looked at, at all

We could always play one of our wingers in the centre I suppose, may give the side a dimension if they have sufficent flexibility. Raw pace through the middle is always a useful weapon to have- even if the final ball isn't great, could work another way, passing to overlapping full back or even just panicking the defenders into giving away fouls in dangerous positions.As for Rose, I remember I was an advocate of giving him a try at left back when he was here- on the grounds that it would have given us another potential dimension to our play.

Danny Rose.

That was more people deciding Rose's position was a different one he'd never played in before after his loan had finished during which we'd played him in his usual position, and then using that as a stick to beat Millen with. I say people, it was one person really.

Seems to be able to tackle and got a good undestanding of the game. A full back that actually can play football and go forward is a necessity. For me he lacks the pace of a winger. Right back should be the position to fit in to the team.

Agree with this, game has changed. Have always advocated trying to get attacking full backs in the side, players need in my view to have multiple aspects to their game if at all possible- i.e. centre backs bringing the ball out (Pique, Luiz, Ferdinand), full backs contributing going forward, strikers chipping in with assists and doing their shift in midfield. Hell, even goalies now, have to have excellent distribution more so than ever, so much so that Van Der Sar and Valdes have been described as 11th outfield players.

Just been on the Barnet forum asking them to compare Bolaise with Albert (sorry don't know how to provide a link) Basically response was that he was just as good but quicker. :o

Go back to site.

Right click - properties. Highlight the Url and copy. Back to here and paste the url. It will automatically link when clicked.

Couldn't be easier.

Happy with this. Key points are, cheap young and potential. Clearly a signing to create strength in depth in the squad. The chances of playing first choice team all season are astronomical. Was there not a couple of game when we had Nytanga a centre back at left back, Cisse a central mid at centre back, Stewart natural centre back at centre back and Skuse centre mid at right back? Or something along those lines. Square pegs in square holes and all that. Obviously there are more pressing postions needing cover but these thinks take time.

In Millen we trust?

I played football for years at various levels and I saw numerous talented young players start off and impress in one position and end up in another. I saw Gary Collier score 7 or 8 in one game as a centre forward which is where he started off, Ray Cashley played as a full back before becoming a goal keeper. Bradley Orr was a midfielder before City moved him to full back. Wider afield, Ashley Cole was an outstanding forward before becoming a full back. Etc etc etc.

What I saw in the very brief you tube vid was a versatile and seemingly intelligent player, albeit very raw.

Not all players are unintelligent and have no concept of the game around them - most British players are mind you, but not all of 'em and some can adapt to play in other positions and excel in them.

Anyway, he looks raw with some exciting talent and can defend as well as attack and I'm sure, if it's in him, that Wiggers and Millen can get the best out of him wherever he plays - ala Albert.

If he signs of course.

Exactly. Players are paid enough so should be able to play in various positions. In addition to the examples you list, there are plenty of others. David Villa can play out wide, or through the middle, Iniesta in the centre or wide right, Modric- pretty sure Tottenham played him on the left for a while, now perfectly at home in the centre but could probably play on the left if necessary. Like I said earlier, it's all part of how football has evolved, of that I'm convinced.

From reading the Plymouth fans comments, I can't see the point of this signing. A right winger when we have two already. He also sounds like a bit of a luxury and an impact player of the bench (if so then we had that in Sproule)

Or is Millen going to try the old Johnson trick of putting square pegs in round holes and put him on the left?

Would have much preferred to see us putting a bid in for a left winger who actually plays in that position.

On the other hand when we signed Adomah, we didn't know we would be getting so much of a gem so you never know. Might just work.

Good Grief!

Why would Millen want to move Woolford on? Sure he hasn't set the world alight since he signed but neither did Maynard when he first arrived. It took Maynard pretty much a whole season to settle in and get back to his best. Both Cisse and Stewart didn't impress when they first signed but Cisse in particular played most games over the last 20 or so of the season before his injury. Stewart came good after a dodgy start until he was injured as well.

It takes players time to settle - just look at how long it was for a class act like Torres scored his first goal for Chelsea.

Woolford scored 8 goals for struggling Scunny side from the wing so he can't be complete crap as you seem to think.

I wouldn't be surprised if Woolford left us to go back North. It's obvious that he hasn't performed for us yet, and he could well find himself marginalised next season.

Just how many times have the people who are banging the drum over this fella actually seen him play. I'm guessing twice at the most, some might come out with a revelation and say 3 times because I also saw him play on telly once too.

From what I have seen, a 3 minute youtube video, he looks like a pacy player, who runs with his head up. Already thats one up on Ivan. Sign him on.

If he has any sense we would be top of that list. Charlton are League One, and Brighton are Brighton despite the totally baffling love-in there seems to be with them on here. The big question is do we actually want him? There's a lot to do between talking to him and putting a contract in front of him.

Stupid question! why else would we want to talk to a player if we didnt wany him? for a social visit and a cup of tea? jesus!

Looks like a good young player who will be wanting to prove himself at this level. I See him as a impact player from the bench. As this season which except from pitman and players coming back from injury(stead,maynard) and possibly include JCR when not starting have no other attacking options. See him as what we thought Adomah would do get to grips with this level and then maybe some starts later in the season but if he's near the quality of Adomah then will be great doubt we're paying Plymouth much great to see us get in so early.

I reckon there is a good chance of him signing for us. Having just spoken to a Barnet fan, apparantly he is really close mates with Albert.

I wouldn't be suprised if Albert has had some say in this. Both giving KM the heads up and talking to Yannick about our Club. Here's hoping...

Apparently defender was his position. We played him out of position according to HR?

Regardless, it doesn't mean this new guy (if we get him) will automatically be a good defender just because Rose went back to Spurs and played there. As I'm sure you'll know, if you've played, the difference between playing defence and midfield is huge in terms of how your natural game and ability work.

I'm sure he isn't being looked at to fill a slot in the back four either. To be honest I'm STILL not sure why he's being looked at, at all

Horse crap did we.

And Redknapp has never stated that he was played out of position

Prior to a few weeks ago, there was never a single mention of him as a full back,

When he joined, both us and tottenham described him as a winger, for england he'd played as a winger, when he joined spurs from leeds, he was described as a winger, he's said himself he's a winger! When he first played for Spurs, he was a winger!

He's ALWAYS been a winger and only in the last month/6 weeks has he ever been refered to playing left back,

What does that really mean? It just increases the fee we'll get if we sell him.

Yeah that's true but you would of thought putting pen to paper, Albert committed his future to city thus putting off other clubs?

If Maynard signs a new deal does that mean then we will still be discussing wether he's going or not? I don't think so personally.

Stupid question! why else would we want to talk to a player if we didnt wany him? for a social visit and a cup of tea? jesus!

I was talking generally you dick. Obviously the club want him. I was merely floating the notion generally because I'm not convinced we do.

Ps: it's god to you. Jesus was my son

In that vid it looked like can put his foot in, go past players and has a bit of vision so could possibly play in the middle. If we get him that is.

That certainly crossed my mind! I dont know too much about this boy except what has been mentioned about him today and once or twice in the season, however if he can play those little passes in and some of those longer ones consistantly, I agree with you he could be competition in both central and wing roles...This boy has attracted a lot of attention so you gotta think he has ability!

COYR

Archived