IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie - Signed (Official Sms)

westonred

Not the first position that needs improving but with Ivan gone we need cover on the right, as we don't have anyone else on that side.

It also frees up JCR to play in the middle.

Yan can play both wings and has massive potential,

With him hopefully coming in we now have 2 wingers for both wings, with yan and JCR capable of playing both sides, it's a squad game and we need players in numbers for all positions

Player we have looked at for a while and with Plymouth down and skint, he's likely to be a utter bargain, better to move now than wait and miss him to other clubs like we have done in the past.

Happy if he joins, though goes without saying that other positions need improving to

Hope people judge the player and Millen on the signing as a whole and don't just use it as a excuse to moan that he's not a left back or central midfield, though I'm likely to be pissing in the wind with that comment I reckon

No reason not to sign a talented young player available at a bargain, but I really do hope he's being look at for playing up the left side because we certainly don't need another right winger, Adomah with JCR as backup is fine.

(I don't think playing JCR up the middle or on the left is effective at all, on the left he rarely goes outside and up the middle he just runs into dead ends. He's cover not a starter for me.)

Certainly this doesn't stop us pursuing players in other positions so I can't understand it when people moan that we need players in other positions more.

If he has any sense we would be top of that list. Charlton are League One, and Brighton are Brighton despite the totally baffling love-in there seems to be with them on here. The big question is do we actually want him? There's a lot to do between talking to him and putting a contract in front of him.

Wouldn't say there's a 'love-in', more of an appreciation for there chairmans assistance in trying to aid our stadium bid, whilst acknowledging they could well be a force next year. Certainly top 10. New stadium, good manager and as we've found after our promotion season, confidence and momentum.

What is definately in our favour is a possible relationship with Uncle Albi and location.

As soon as he gets the ball he's looking to get defences on the back foot. This is always good as it leads to opportunities and the creation of space for team mates.

Similar to Albert which is also good.

I'm happy if we pull this off whether it's cover for Albert, but I'd prefer them playing in the same side.

Wouldn't say there's a 'love-in', more of an appreciation for there chairmans assistance in trying to aid our stadium bid, whilst acknowledging they could well be a force next year. Certainly top 10.

There are no certainties in this league. Personally I think they will struggle, but hey ho.

Agree that the Uncle connection would also work in our favour. Still not sure where this guy fits into a fully fit first team, though

There are no certainties in this league. Personally I think they will struggle, but hey ho.

Agree that the Uncle connection would also work in our favour. Still not sure where this guy fits into a fully fit first team, though

Could make a good right back. Decent technique and pace. Likes to go forward. Him and Albert on the right should be an exciting pairing.

whether signing him is a priority or not, the fact that we are probably paying next to nothing for him means its a chance not to be missed.

if he has half the impact Albert has had this season then it would be another bit of fantastic business and a player for the future.

personally im hoping it means JCR is on his way out and we can bring in the quality needed to mount a serious play off challenge.

Seems to lack pace which is a worry but for a small fee I guess it's fair enough as long as it's only a one year deal.

we wouldnt pay a fee and then offer him a one year contract, where is the sense in that?!

he turns out the be twice the player albert is and leaves on a free transfer at the end of the season to someone else because we gave him a 1 year deal???

we wouldnt pay a fee and then offer him a one year contract, where is the sense in that?!

he turns out the be twice the player albert is and leaves on a free transfer at the end of the season to someone else because we gave him a 1 year deal???

Depends on the size of the fee. SL mentioned years ago that he was looking for shorter contracts. We had 37 senior players last season and could do without a good part of them.

IF we do sign this bolasie, perhaps he might put woolford in the middle with marv? Because he doesn't look like a winger to me!

Woolford in the middle... :tumbleweed: Seriously?

Unless he improves dramatically over the pre season, i can't see him getting a lookin next season.

He lacks pace, confidence, and ability at this level, from what i've seen so far. He wouldn't stand a chance in the Centre of Midfield.

He is the most timid player i've ever seen wear a City shirt. As an Aussie would say...'He need to Man the **** up'... :laughcont:

IF we do sign this bolasie, perhaps he might put woolford in the middle with marv? Because he doesn't look like a winger to me!

Or perhaps we're looking to move Woolford on? Unlikely but he didn't seem to settle at city (albeit in a short space of time.)

Seems to be able to tackle and got a good undestanding of the game. A full back that actually can play football and go forward is a necessity. For me he lacks the pace of a winger. Right back should be the position to fit in the team.

There's a bloke called Beckham with no pace who's a winger and he hasn't done bad for himself. Not that I think YB lacks pace.

Do we need another winger? Yes definatly. Albert will need a rest and if Wooly doesn't settle then JCR will be used on the left and so we will need cover. Two players for each position remember.

Should he sign I just hope people don't expect him to have the instant impact Albi had. You've got to give the lad time

Or perhaps we're looking to move Woolford on? Unlikely but he didn't seem to settle at city (albeit in a short space of time.)

Good Grief!

Why would Millen want to move Woolford on? Sure he hasn't set the world alight since he signed but neither did Maynard when he first arrived. It took Maynard pretty much a whole season to settle in and get back to his best. Both Cisse and Stewart didn't impress when they first signed but Cisse in particular played most games over the last 20 or so of the season before his injury. Stewart came good after a dodgy start until he was injured as well.

It takes players time to settle - just look at how long it was for a class act like Torres scored his first goal for Chelsea.

Woolford scored 8 goals for struggling Scunny side from the wing so he can't be complete crap as you seem to think.

Good Grief!

Why would Millen want to move Woolford on? Sure he hasn't set the world alight since he signed but neither did Maynard when he first arrived. It took Maynard pretty much a whole season to settle in and get back to his best. Both Cisse and Stewart didn't impress when they first signed but Cisse in particular played most games over the last 20 or so of the season before his injury. Stewart came good after a dodgy start until he was injured as well.

It takes players time to settle - just look at how long it was for a class act like Torres scored his first goal for Chelsea.

Woolford scored 8 goals for struggling Scunny side from the wing so he can't be complete crap as you seem to think.

I did say it was unlikely. Just a suggestion seeing as we're pretty well stocked in the wingers department. This season will be a big one for MW especially if we sign this young lad.

From that video clip he looks really hard to shake off the ball and is good at beating 2 or 3 players in fairly quick succession.

If he is consistent at doing that then he could be useful.

I would say, for the opposition, he is a pest and that is a good type of player to have in your squad.

Archived