IGNORED

Rovers Stadium Discussion

Fiale

post-9082-0-01420300-1307523763_thumb.jp city.gif

Dont be silly THAT is NOT their new stadium plan...

However according to a very reliable source the Rovers have put in a speculative bid -they would very much like it to upgrade their training facilities (the current ones are inadequate & they dont want to fall too far behind those of their rivals in the basement division).

It's a matter of financing the deal which could scupper their plans but if they can manage put a package together they're confident of negotiating favourable rates now that the present owne, no longer require it as a holiday home for Father Ted Crilly RIP, & Dougal isnt interested as he finds it a bit creepy due to the nearby teenie weenie small cows. If a deal can be worked out Rovers will also be acquiring a drinking coach (F' Jack) for their lads in the event of Coles leaving a sinking ship & moving on.

An insider said, this could be a big move for us, taking Bristol Rovers into the 21 Century & ensuring a bright future for the club -we are moving in the right direction at last.. (alledgedly)

It won't have been sold until such point that they gain planning permission on it I would imagine - just like our own situation with Ashton Gate/Sainsburys

Am I the only one who thinks they'll have 100x more problems obtaining permission than we did? Not least there being two Tesco's within 1/2 mile of the place.

I personally think it's a good thing (if it happens). Surely as City fans, if we ever got to place th Gash at their place we want the largest amount of tickets we can get?

Admittedly if they stayed at the Mem and redeveloped, they'd forever be stuck with a 19,000 seater stadium, whereas if they build at UWE, they'd have the chance to boost the capacity if they ever did need it.

My only concern about this whole situation is that I'm a South Glos resident, and I don't like the idea of subsidising the build through my taxes!

There are a considerable number of us in South Glos who can help put a spanner in the works with this, IF it ever gets going !!

:winner_third_h4h:

There are a considerable number of us in South Glos who can help put a spanner in the works with this, IF it ever gets going !!

:winner_third_h4h:

Will be interesting to see what the Press Conference is about . Thats the second one in a week , I doubt if it will be about the Manager or the Players ....

The main thing is, what are we gonna do about it?

They seem extremely confident, something makes me think that the stadium will be built very soon.

They've done everything they can to hijack our attempt at building a ground, do we try it back? Or do we attempt to get both clubs new grounds and allow the city to move forward as a whole?

The main thing is, what are we gonna do about it?

They seem extremely confident, something makes me think that the stadium will be built very soon.

They've done everything they can to hijack our attempt at building a ground, do we try it back? Or do we attempt to get both clubs new grounds and allow the city to move forward as a whole?

Perhaps push it on and get the City moving as a whole

Wouldn't it be bizzare if City played at the New Gas ground for a few seasons whilst the new ground was under construction

BRISTOL's LARGEST LIBRARY

Major problems are on the horizon regarding the financing of this new stadium. They do not have (as far as I know), a sugar daddy, So they will rely on student accomodation for finance, as with the memorial ground. I believe the demand for student accomodation is actually falling, due to courses now being carried out on-line at home. Glos cricket reduced the amount of student accomodation for their new development. I've also heard that people are being made redundant at UWE, or not having their contracts renewed because of the new online courses. How much of this is true I don't know, but it does seem to rely on this for the major finance and I doubt the councill will cough up for it in these times of austerity.

As for the Sainsbury thing, if it's small enough it'll get permission after a battle. But will Sainsbury's pay a large enough figure to build a supermarket about the same size as the one at Winterstoke road? Tony Dyer mentioned this to me at the first Sainsbury meeting (July last year), saying they were waiting for the outcome of city's application before acting.

I wonder if he will be as active against this store as he was against the one at Ashton? We'll soon know if he was actually against that store or if it was a just a piece of the jigsaw against proposed greenbelt development. Basics 2 free membership available.

I would say we rise above such actions and show we are better than that. Wouldn't it be great for the City as a whole if we had two new stadiums?

Alternatively, someone reach for the village green application forms. :laughcont:

I had a text inside info suggests a 20k all seater near Hewlett Packard... finance is done deal... Sainsbury paying for the mem .. planning permission or not they are happy to sit on the land if needs be and sell it for housing its prime land for commercial or housing...UWE and south glos CC involved and a huge worldwide energy company are to invest in it as well...

This has been done sneaky style everything signed sealed and awaiting delivery .. no councillors threatened, no world cup bid blackmail... just head down ... job done ..many a false dawn for us in the past but believe me this one is the real very real deal...

will be good for Bristol to have 2 great grounds at last... Bristol has been left behind and now its catch up time !

No way will that get through planning. As a stadium surely it is above their needs and would be three quarters empty all season.:yes:

And our average this season was about 14,500.

So how many seats are we planning to have at Ashton Vale?

This has been done sneaky style everything signed sealed and awaiting delivery .. no councillors threatened, no world cup bid blackmail... just head down ... job done ..many a false dawn for us in the past but believe me this one is the real very real deal...

They will still have to go through the planning application, you can't just push it through without public notification.

I had a text inside info suggests a 20k all seater near Hewlett Packard... finance is done deal... Sainsbury paying for the mem .. planning permission or not they are happy to sit on the land if needs be and sell it for housing its prime land for commercial or housing...UWE and south glos CC involved and a huge worldwide energy company are to invest in it as well...

will be good for Bristol to have 2 great grounds at last... Bristol has been left behind and now its catch up time !

Is this not detrimental to our freinds or our connections .. All good tho .. Bristol onwards and upwards .

Would have thought City would have cracked it before Rovers but who cares , if this is right it can be only good news for us all

Can't believe there is so much positivity on here towards Rovers getting a new stadium.

They don't need one and we don't want them getting one up on us.

We need to do all we can to stop this nonsense.

I can't see how it matters so long as we get ours, and a number of their fans have been very supportive of Ashton Vale. Obviously some of them haven't but it generally seems to be a case of football fans vs. NIMBYs rather than City v Rovers.

Can't believe there is so much positivity on here towards Rovers getting a new stadium.

They don't need one and we don't want them getting one up on us.

We need to do all we can to stop this nonsense.

Very very narrow minded.

I would not like to be included as the "WE" in the above statement.

Archived