IGNORED

City v Leeds Match Thread

Avalonred

Maybe this shows that they can play football but the crowd at home aren't helping?

This is only speculation, I've recently moved to France so haven't been to a home game.

Indeed, the pressure at home these days is massive, away from home the team do get alot better support,

At home, one mistake and the fans are on your back,

No surprise our best results so far have come away from home.

That said, a negative formation at home doesn't help either

Indeed, the pressure at home these days is massive, away from home the team do get alot better support,

Not from the home fans!

Imagine if they played in a stadium that was hostile

Personally I think the crowd at AG have been very patient. Not that many Boo's...just apathy and quietness. If the players can't play well under the library that is AG, then they shouldn't be footballers. I've seen and heard a lot more abuse at other grounds. JEEZ...if this were Lazio, they'd be burning their cars in the car park and invading the training ground.

City players just need to Buckle down and man the **** up...COYR's

The atmosphere on OTIB and at Ashton Gate is only a reflection on the performances of the team, and the manager.

The point I was trying to make is that maybe the performances of the team at home are due to the massive pressure they are under from the crowd at home.

I appreciate it's not easy to get behind the lads when they're playing poorly and not much is happening, but jumping on their back at the games and on OTIB (I know for a fact that some of the City players read the forum) really does not help the performances at all.

Fans thing,negative or positive is a hard one really.

We as fans pay out a fair old amount- football in the UK is overpriced in many places I think but that's by the by. Anyway fans pay out hard earned money in the teeth of financial problems in the country. I suppose all one can ask for is full effort from all- that is it.

The point I was trying to make is that maybe the performances of the team at home are due to the massive pressure they are under from the crowd at home.

I appreciate it's not easy to get behind the lads when they're playing poorly and not much is happening, but jumping on their back at the games and on OTIB (I know for a fact that some of the City players read the forum) really does not help the performances at all.

The pressure the City players may feel at AG is due solely to their own very poor performances and inability to get even a single goal.

No one's jumping on their backs, the City fans have mostly been extremely patient, those that still bother attending that is.

If they can't handle the criticism on a forum, then they shouldn't read it !

The pressure the City players may feel at AG is due solely to their own very poor performances and inability to get even a single goal.

No one's jumping on their backs, the City fans have mostly been extremely patient, those that still bother attending that is.

Agree entirely. The crowd have been very patient, considering the rubbish we;'ve had to endure for far too long now.

4-5-1

Spot on. We need to play a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 at home without a doubt, but this formation definitely works for away games.

STUPID STATEMENT. What do u expect us to do???? Run on the ******* pitch and hover at the far ******* post???!?!?!?!

We play 4-5-1 at home.....THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

clapping.gif

It's not a 'stupid' comment. Mutley probably does have a point. Even last season, we tended to play better when there was a good atmosphere (the game against Reading for example). You are right though, that it does work both ways. The atmosphere is undoubtedly worse as a result of the lack of attacking football at home. I wish I was in Leeds though, as this sounds a very decent performance! :D

I'm not on about just this season, I'm referring to almost since the play-off final, many expect us to win, week in, week out despite it being a tough division

Archived