IGNORED

The Final Four

Cardy

Hopefully that's one bad mistake avoided. Never wanted McInnes at all. No one had heard of ten days ago, yet he somehow morphed into god in the eyes of some. I'll be delighted if he's not in the frame

Matty. If he goes to Forest and is a success I will be gutted.

Of course we don't know if he could be a success in any Championship side

do we, but every manager is a gamble.

Hopefully that's one bad mistake avoided. Never wanted McInnes at all. No one had heard of ten days ago, yet he somehow morphed into god in the eyes of some. I'll be delighted if he's not in the frame

or perhaps people have actually been persuaded by the information and first hand knowledge of the man and like what they have heard and not just looked at the people we have heard of all of whom are out of work at this present time, just a thought.

Surely all first interviews have concluded by now?These comments would appear to confirm that McInnes was not one of them.Still want O'Driscoll.

Don't think they would publish the fact, if he had been down for an interview. If he's not successful, it may turn their own fans against him.

How many times have we heard managers & players denying possible moves, only for them to move straight after?

I would be disappointed if we are waiting for SL to come back from his holiday to finalize the deal. The bloke is worth 800 million. He can have a holiday whenever he wants. He could at least fly back in to cross the T's and dot the I's.

:tumbleweed:

I'm sorry, but those who have a broader take on football knew about him. Clearly your perspective is somewhat narrower (West Bromwich is around 80 miles away, after all).

Awwwww never mind. Plenty more managers in the sea. We could still end up with him yet, although I'm more than a little confident that we won't.

All managers are a gamble is my phrase on here the last week or so. There are levels of gamble. In our position I'd rather play the odds game than take a punt on a one team manager in the worst top flight league in euro football.

Don't think they would publish the fact, if he had been down for an interview. If he's not successful, it may turn their own fans against him.

How many times have we heard managers & players denying possible moves, only for them to move straight after?

I would be disappointed if we are waiting for SL to come back from his holiday to finalize the deal. The bloke is worth 800 million. He can have a holiday whenever he wants. He could at least fly back in to cross the T's and dot the I's.

:tumbleweed:

But IS he on holiday??ohmy.gif

You seem to make this point a lot regarding other players and managers, I also remember you being sceptical of other people knowing things about players just because you hadn't heard of them.

Esmond makes a very good point, ten days ago his name cropped up and since then all the information regarding him has been positive... What difference does it make that the information has been widely discussed on here for ten days as opposed to ten years?

Are you saying we should only employ a "name" who everyone will have heard of?

I'm just confused, don't really understand the logic.

(Have no interest in a slanging match or a nauseating reply, I'm genuinely intrigued by what you mean)

Read the last paragraph of my last post. I've said it many times on here the last week or so. I don't think it's that difficult to understand what I'm saying. It's my opinion. I may end up being wrong or right, but I'd rather not gamble and find out it's the latter.

So who do you consider not a gamble?, god, his son, Fergie or one of the other unemployed candidates?.

So who do you consider not a gamble?, god, his son, Fergie or one of the other unemployed candidates?.

Given the sarcasm (why can't some people just accept there are differing views to their own) I can't be arsed to answer. If you really do want to know my view, rather than just have a dig, then search my recent posts. I must have answered this at least 7 or 8 times in the last few days.

Rumours that it's Roy Keane who applied. I have no source only what others have said on forums. In 2 minds about him as he could really shake the club up and has excellent contacts. Very strange man though...

YES PLEASE! Exactly what this club needs. He would shake a few up and wouldnt take no crap from anyone. He would demand instant respect and if people didnt tow the line, they would be out. Big fan of Roys, an absolute class act on the pitch and one hell of a winner( not much of a loser though!). Has a some what up and down track record as a manager so far, but given time, could be exactly what we should be looking for. With a big summer clearout looming, would then be able to bring his own players in. Would be a big draw in the transfer market too. Will belive it when i see it, but i can live in hope!

If had £800m I'd always be on holiday!

If I had all that dosh at my age I would buy up BCFC, get us into the Premier League and die a happy fella, but then I've only been going down the gate for 54 years, as long as I've enough left to buy a Clarks Pie and a Bovril, who would need a holiday :disapointed2se::laughcont:

Dave jones got it if he wants it. Back up plans being made I reckon

No point speculating this job is Dave Jones I reckon they are finalizing details today and covering it with aanother interview story

Which means go and get JONES Sexstone its not hard

This job is still Dave Jones' I reckon, they are just waiting for the organ grinder to sign it off......

Dave Jones matty wants like many of us

But he ain't coming so it leaves us with Jones or Robins as favourites.

Not withstanding OTHER topics where the manager is discussed(the quotes above are strictly from this topic), I am a little unsure as to who you would prefer as the new manager?

Is it Cole Skuse?

Given the sarcasm (why can't some people just accept there are differing views to their own) I can't be arsed to answer. If you really do want to know my view, rather than just have a dig, then search my recent posts. I must have answered this at least 7 or 8 times in the last few days.

What just like you? (Hopefully that's one bad mistake avoided. Never wanted McInnes at all. No one had heard of ten days ago, yet he somehow morphed into god in the eyes of some. I'll be delighted if he's not in the frame) or (Awwwww never mind. Plenty more managers in the sea. We could still end up with him yet, although I'm more than a little confident that we won't.

All managers are a gamble is my phrase on here the last week or so. There are levels of gamble. In our position I'd rather play the odds game than take a punt on a one team manager in the worst top flight league in euro football).

Jones would be ok, but again we have had managers with knowledge of whatever division we have been in recently and they have all failed as have the promotions from within the club.

Maybe we should just remain managerless. At least we won't be able to blame anyone but the players

You might have a point, if there is any truth in something I heard from a reliable source recently. There is one player who will certainly need putting in his place and quickly, he has become a very de-stabilising influence in the dressing room.

You might have a point, if there is any truth in something I heard from a reliable source recently. There is one player who will certainly need putting in his place and quickly, he has become a very de-stabilising influence in the dressing room.

I think any place of work has it's share of destabilising characters, and that manifests itself with time in my experience, so I wouldn't be at surprised. Two names I've heard, although I tend to not take much notice as you only hear one side. You could argue this reinforces the case for a disciplinarian, although can go badly wrong when theres a clash of strong characters and a lack of respect for authority. The Tinnion episode springs to mind.

I think any place of work has it's share of destabilising characters, and that manifests itself with time in my experience, so I wouldn't be at surprised. Two names I've heard, although I tend to not take much notice as you only hear one side. You could argue this reinforces the case for a disciplinarian, although can go badly wrong when theres a clash of strong characters and a lack of respect for authority. The Tinnion episode springs to mind.

Again you be might correct, but this guy has previous.

Archived