IGNORED

The Final Four

Cardy

I have a funny feeling its going to be McInnes. As I said before, the longer it goes on, the less chance I feel of it being Robins. There is no reason why, if it was Robins, he wouldnt be here now.

Cotterill? possibly....but I hope not.

Worthington? again....I hope not

But the same could be said for McInnes. We must have agreed a compensation package just to be able to talk to him. If we liked him that much, he'd be here.

It must have taken someone pretty decent to apply for us to hold up the process. So we must assume that Cotterill is a genuine contender and maybe Worthington too. Like you I think the O'Neill rumour is b0ll0x. Maybe there is someone else who hasn't been mentioned at all or Billy D has finally shown an interest?

I've juts had £10 on Martin O'Neil at 40-1. No insider knowledge but I do agree with what some have said that something dramatic has happened in the process and the board have changed their plans (were hoping to announce by today/tomorrow initially). I think it would take something as sensational as O'Neil applying to stop the club just going for the easy, easy option of a Robins or an O'Driscoll.

Probably £10 lost but we shall see.

I've juts had £10 on Martin O'Neil at 40-1. No insider knowledge but I do agree with what some have said that something dramatic has happened in the process and the board have changed their plans (were hoping to announce by today/tomorrow initially). I think it would take something as sensational as O'Neil applying to stop the club just going for the easy, easy option of a Robins or an O'Driscoll.

Would dramatic include Worthington leaving his N.I post?

His last game is tonight, Saturday would be too soon to take over hence Wiggles being in charge on Saturday???

I have put my money on Cotterill, I'd be gutted to win though!

His last game is tonight, Saturday would be too soon to take over hence Wiggles being in charge on Saturday???

I agree Wolfy it would include a manager leaving an International job somewhat suddenly and immediately applying for our job. Only had one tenner though! :violin:

Stop it with the Worthy talk, Wolfy.

You are starting to worry me now.

You're spot on with this

You have just lost £10 !!

O'Neil ? CV includes Celtic, Villa, tipped to take over when Fergie retires. on the short list to take over Liverpool when Benitez got the job & left Villa because they couldn't match his ambition to spend and push on for a European Cup qualifying (top 4) finish so he could persue his European Cup ambition.

He's stated he's ready to come back to management with a club that can share his ambitions and have the funding to compete for the European Cup.

So you think that would be us then ?? Interesting.

CR

You're spot on with this

You have just lost £10 !!

O'Neil ? CV includes Celtic, Villa, tipped to take over when Fergie retires. on the short list to take over Liverpool when Benitez got the job & left Villa because they couldn't match his ambition to spend and push on for a European Cup qualifying (top 4) finish so he could persue his European Cup ambition.

He's stated he's ready to come back to management with a club that can share his ambitions and have the funding to compete for the European Cup.

So you think that would be us then ?? Interesting.

CR

People are hanging on to O'Neill probably because Robertson put out a statement on his behalf saying he would consider a Championship club. i'd say it is pretty remote but who knows. Relative expectation levels at City would be lower than Forest so I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility because he would have time to build a forza city.

If there was a new applicant at the weekend it still could be one of last week's favourites. Say for example McInnes had contact but waited until the weekend before declaring a formal interest in the role.

SL's absence is a big factor too - it's probably put the process back by the best part of a week. Still he's entitled to his holidays.

Does all seem to point however to a manager who's still working or about to leave his current role.

According to the Evening Post, Steve Landsdown is on Holiday in Africa and does,nt return until Friday.

Even though he is no longer chairman we all know he still pulls the strings, so this may be the reason for the

hold up in the the appointment of a new manager.

Why wouldn't they? You saying this club is rubbish and not worth bothering with?

There are lots of reasons why people choose their place of work, it doesn't always have to do with money and status.

So you're not aware of this Club's history then? Why would Holloway come here? He can't stand us and likewise any self-respecting City fan would be disgusted by his appoinment. Not to mention he's doing well at Blackpool on the football side of things. As for O'Neil...come on, just a tiny shred of realism would be nice occasionally.

People are hanging on to O'Neill probably because Robertson put out a statement on his behalf saying he would consider a Championship club. i'd say it is pretty remote but who knows. Relative expectation levels at City would be lower than Forest so I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility because he would have time to build a forza city.

Yeah, but when they say they'd consider a Championship club, what they really mean is they'd consider Leeds, Leicester or West Ham, not Bristol City!

So you're not aware of this Club's history then? Why would Holloway come here? He can't stand us and likewise any self-respecting City fan would be disgusted by his appoinment. Not to mention he's doing well at Blackpool on the football side of things. As for O'Neil...come on, just a tiny shred of realism would be nice occasionally.

I wouldn't be disgusted at Hollowhead joining us, he is a dam good manager. But I doubt he would leave Blackpool.

Has he said he hates us?

P.S. If success followed, Im sure any self repecting city fan would soon forget the rivalery of yestayear

If Danny Wilson can manage Sheffield Utd, Mark Hughes can manage Man City , then there's no reason at all Holloway couldn't come to us.

I couldn't give a flying duck about something in the distant past, only our future should matter.

Whoever is appointed, everyone must get behind him, and get us the hell up this league !

If Danny Wilson can manage Sheffield Utd, Mark Hughes can manage Man City , then there's no reason at all Holloway couldn't come to us.

I couldn't give a flying duck about something in the distant past, only our future should matter.

Whoever is appointed, everyone must get behind him, and get us the hell up this league !

:clapping:

As long as its not Robins or cotteral :innocent06:

It cannot be Holloway. He once said that he would never manage a team that wears red as it would be too similar to city's kit.

Plus he's gash - eg Leicester and Plymouth. If he were to join I would be looking for a new club to occupy me for a year or two.

If it's O'Neil I will happily move back to Bristol.

It it's Holloway I will have to disown gods country..

Archived