IGNORED

The Final Four

Cardy

Spot on - that is what I have been told today. My understanding is if the deal comes off then our main investor will be commiting some serious funds as this manager will not be coming to mess around in the loan market.

with all due respect cardy M o'neil will not be our manager no way no how.

I dont think ill even believe it if i seen it, isnt it funny how Sexstone gives an interview suggesting somethings happened everyone seems to of heard 'so in so' is in talks. Didnt see any body posting stuff like this yesterday !!!

Come on then, spill the beans......

We won't take the piss when you are wrong and if you are correct you will be lord of the forum ;-)

I've given 4 names in the first post - take your pick. As things stand now one of them will get the job in my opinion. Nigel Worthington is not currently in the frame but would be worthy of adding to the list if he was interested.

Forget your Dave Jones, Mark Robins, SOD, Steve McClaren and Billy Davies - if it was going to be one of those it would have happened by now.

I've given 4 names in the first post - take your pick. As things stand now one of them will get the job in my opinion. Nigel Worthington is not currently in the frame but would be worthy of adding to the list if he was interested.

Forget your Dave Jones, Mark Robins, SOD, Steve McClaren and Billy Davies - if it was going to be one of those it would have happened by now.

FairPlay I hope you are correct with 3 put of 4, Cottrells inclusion worries me, that could be the spanner in the works as he's employed, can't see Oneill coming here, Hollowhead........oh please!!!! that leaves McInnes the deal would take some time to go through, hence the delay and if it's who I think it is (Coterill), slightly longer as he's employed and didn't apply before the first round of interviews (guess)......please tell me I am wrong, please.

How about our main target has turned the job down so we use todays 'bullsh1t' story as our get out of jail card by havin to run back and reinterview someone we had already turned down in favour of the main target? If martin o'neill is our new manager then this world has gone stark raving mad!! I think were more likely to get johnjo oneill that martin oneill.

Is this thread a joke? Why would O'Neil come here? Why would Hollway come here? (Not to mention the fact that even our bord surely can't be stupid enough to employ that Gas c ** t and face the wrath of many fans.) Those two are never happening.

Why wouldn't they? You saying this club is rubbish and not worth bothering with?

There are lots of reasons why people choose their place of work, it doesn't always have to do with money and status.

Spot on - that is what I have been told today. My understanding is if the deal comes off then our main investor will be commiting some serious funds as this manager will not be coming to mess around in the loan market.

I personally think the Martin o Neil story is a red herring.

I heard the Cotterill rumours and that came from the mouth of someone very high at the club.

So did this Martin O'Neil rumour....however I just dont believe it.

I really think all this talk will lead to a lot of disappointed people

Don't forget that Sexstone mentioned his surprise that 1 or 2 didn't apply that he thought might apply.

Why even mention this at all if they were guys that were no interest to CS? There must be lots of names that didn't apply ?

It sounded like he was disappointed that these 2 didn't apply.

Maybe one or both have now approached us

We heard rumours that Davies was discussing a return th Forest , not as unlikely as we might think as the Chairman (Doughty) he fell out with is standing down and Pleat (also one Davies disagreed with over transfers) has also left.

- maybe that has now collapsed and the Forest board are looking for a fresh start - Davies now available ??

Isn't something like that more likely than the Holloway/O'Neil fantasies

CR

This delay all suggests we are signing a manager already employed by another club.

The owner is on holiday in Africa until the end of the week. The prospective manager wants to meet and talk to the man who really runs the club before signing on the dotted line, which makes sense. Compensation to his current club also has to be agreed. Come in Mr McInnes.

PS. It is sad that Keith Millen's comments on his sacking have to be dependent upon his compensation deal. He should be paid off in full for the rest of his contract and feel free to say what he likes. He is hardly the type to bad-mouth the club anyway.

Is this thread a joke? Why would O'Neil come here? Why would Hollway come here? (Not to mention the fact that even our bord surely can't be stupid enough to employ that Gas c ** t and face the wrath of many fans.) Those two are never happening.

Why indeed when there is a managerless club, with a very wealthy investor, waiting for the right moment to release funds, and a brand new stadium on the horizon, and with the biggest catchment area in the country, waiting to employ him. Oh! Hang on ...thats us.!!!

Why indeed when there is a managerless club, with a very wealthy investor, waiting for the right moment to release funds, and a brand new stadium on the horizon, and with the biggest catchment area in the country, waiting to employ him. Oh! Hang on ...thats us.!!!

A wealthy investor that won't just throw money at something endlessly for no return.

How do you know he's waiting to release funds, when will this right moment be?

How exactly to we have the biggest catchment area in the country?

This delay all suggests we are signing a manager already employed by another club.

The owner is on holiday in Africa until the end of the week. The prospective manager wants to meet and talk to the man who really runs the club before signing on the dotted line, which makes sense. Compensation to his current club also has to be agreed. Come in Mr McInnes.

PS. It is sad that Keith Millen's comments on his sacking have to be dependent upon his compensation deal. He should be paid off in full for the rest of his contract and feel free to say what he likes. He is hardly the type to bad-mouth the club anyway.

I hope your right and we do go for Mcinnes. However I wonder if the new mystery delay is something to do with Worthington?. He has resigned but does not step down until after Northern Ireland's game in Italy tonight and that would fit in with the delay/mystery man.

I hope your right and we do go for Mcinnes. However I wonder if the new mystery delay is something to do with Worthington?. He has resigned but does not step down until after Northern Ireland's game in Italy tonight and that would fit in with the delay/mystery man.

I'm not keen on this Worthington business...

...I did worry when the news broke on Sky.

A wealthy investor that won't just throw money at something endlessly for no return.

How do you know he's waiting to release funds, when will this right moment be?

How exactly to we have the biggest catchment area in the country?

So negative. Maybe we get what we deserve with that attitude.

I think today's developments point to one of the following being our next manager:

• Del McInnes
  • Steve Cotterill
  • Ian Holloway
  • Matin O'Neill

Clearly someone has thrown a spanner in the work - hopefully receiving an unexpected application rather than one of the leading candidates withdrawing!

No way O'Neill is coming and if you actually believe he is then get some doh on him at 40/1.

I hope it's McInnes, I don't see why we'd be interested in Cotterill.

No way O'Neill is coming and if you actually believe he is then get some doh on him at 40/1.

I hope it's McInnes, I don't see why we'd be interested in Cotterill.

Nor me. With people complaining about the standard of football for some considerable time, the thought of 'Pulis lite' that Cotterill dishes up is one that...err....doesn't bare thinking about. He has got a west country accent though.

So negative. Maybe we get what we deserve with that attitude.

So you don't actually have an intelligent answer to any of my replies?

Instead you confuse negativity with realism.

As for getting what we deserve, my "attitude" has nothing to do with that, the clubs perilous situation is a combination of poor timing and judgement by the board, bad management and having a team full of wasters not fit to wear the shirt.

Archived