IGNORED

Barnsley V City Match Thread

DaveF

Woolford? blimey, he must have done somersaults in training.

You don't go from one of the Championships stand out performers for S****horpe (a frankly dire squad), to cack. He's definitely a confidence player, and I have faith in him to come good.

Looking forward to seeing the bench, hoping for Mr Hunt to be on it.

Has a bit more of a balanced look to the team. Woolford only needs to impress the current boss, it is a clean slate after all. Cisse protecting the leakiest of defences, some quick balls out to the wings and hopefully we get players up around Maynard to support. Heres hoping.

bean_headAdam Baker

#BristolCity v #Barnsley - James; Skuse, Nyatanga, Fontaine, McGivern; Cisse; Adomah, Elliott, Kilkenny, Woolford; Maynard.

I take it cisse is playing the defensive midfield role, I'm also pleased that woolford is starting, just to give him abit of confidence.

I would take a point today just to halt the run of defeats 0-0 would do me fine, but I have a good feeling. The team in the main I like it but I really feel for Pitman yet again, he must really be pissed off and Spence there must be a story to be told there, he has not featured and hardly gets a mention, i'd like to know what has gone on.

I just don't think maynards the player to play as a loan striker. I think pitman or stead are much better suited to the role of holding the ball up, waiting for support and then linking with Adomah etc. this season Maynard has got knocked off the ball far too easily when he has received the ball with his back to goal.

I hope we aren't in the situation where the manager is told to play Maynard to either keep him happy with the hope of him signing a new contract or to keep him in the shop window for January.

When was he considered one of the Championship's stand out performers?!

I hope he plays well today, but I have to say that I don't rate him at all based on what I've seen so far.

agreed and also agree with others on the clean slate obviously and this will be a big test for woolford; if he has a really off day today then it may very well cement the view by many that he was a poor signing by Millen.

I would take a point today just to halt the run of defeats 0-0 would do me fine, but I have a good feeling. The team in the main I like it but I really feel for Pitman yet again, he must really be pissed off and Spence there must be a story to be told there, he has not featured and hardly gets a mention, i'd like to know what has gone on.

Must be something to it that another manager starts Maynard ahead of Pitman, when playing 1 up top.

The managers see the players in training, day in, day out, is it workrate, is it attitude, is it ability or are the staff that are still at BCFC still having an influence?.

BCAGFC

bean_headAdam Baker

#BristolCity v #Barnsley - James; Skuse, Nyatanga, Fontaine, McGivern; Cisse; Adomah, Elliott, Kilkenny, Woolford; Maynard.

At the very least , Woolford coming back gives genuine balance to the team. A left footed player on the left for once. Just hope Maynard is not left isolated up front

Must be something to it that another manager starts Maynard ahead of Pitman, when playing 1 up top.

The managers see the players in training, day in, day out, is it workrate, is it attitude, is it ability or are the staff that are still at BCFC still having an influence?.

BCAGFC

I think it's more of a case that Maynard is on paper one of the best strikers in the division, and he feels he needs to be playing no matter how long it's been since he last scored. I could understand Pitman though if he was very annoyed at not starting.

DMc said after Sunday he was unhappy with the amount of times we lumped the ball forward. With Maynard up front on his own I assume its because he wants the ball played in to feet.

With regards to Woolford , DMc said everyone would get a chance , well here's his.

COYR

BCAGFC

I agree totally the problem is the way things are panning out Pitman is the future and Maynard looks almost certain soon to be the past.

Archived